Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dog fight

Go down 
+7
Snitty
kbullet
RedyreRotties
Tookey
GypsyJazmine
Mini
rotncorso
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Dog fight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog fight   Dog fight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 10:49 am

RedyreRotties wrote:
Nicki wrote:

I know we don't like each other, but knowledge is knowledge, so please tell me more about the silent fights, I'm interested to know why this happens. Is this a more dangerous fighting, than the noise ones...?

How long does pepper spray last before the dog re-coops from it? And do they yell and scream for long? Would you advise it for dachshunds??

Good god, your avatar is amazing. I had no idea that someone could actually look that insane in a photo.

OMG Giggle

Ok I now love you so much! Dog fight - Page 2 80851
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

Dog fight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog fight   Dog fight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 11:10 am

RedyreRotties wrote:
Nicki wrote:

I know we don't like each other, but knowledge is knowledge, so please tell me more about the silent fights, I'm interested to know why this happens. Is this a more dangerous fighting, than the noise ones...?

How long does pepper spray last before the dog re-coops from it? And do they yell and scream for long? Would you advise it for dachshunds??

Good god, your avatar is amazing. I had no idea that someone could actually look that insane in a photo.

I missed it!
Back to top Go down
RedyreRotties
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
RedyreRotties

Dog fight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog fight   Dog fight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 11:15 am

Dog fight - Page 2 Profile
Back to top Go down
http://www.redyre.com
RedyreRotties
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
RedyreRotties

Dog fight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog fight   Dog fight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 11:15 am

Now tell me that is not creepy as hell.
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

Dog fight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog fight   Dog fight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 12:37 pm

Took Sophie to the vet this AM. Infection in her ear from a bite. She is on antibiotics. Acording to the vet, the fight broke out because my dogs dont see me as "Alpha bitch" and I need to watch Ceasar Milan.
Back to top Go down
RedyreRotties
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
RedyreRotties

Dog fight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog fight   Dog fight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 12:43 pm

Well he sounds like a brilliant one regarding dog behavior and training.

Evil or Very Mad Mad No
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Dog fight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog fight   Dog fight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 1:52 pm

rotncorso wrote:
Took Sophie to the vet this AM. Infection in her ear from a bite. She is on antibiotics. Acording to the vet, the fight broke out because my dogs dont see me as "Alpha bitch" and I need to watch Ceasar Milan.

:lol: Which is why I only take medical advice from my vet. Giggle

I was told at the vet's office how my dog is so aloof. :roll: She's a Rottweiler, it's in their temperament to be aloof. She's only wiggly butt happy to see family members and friends that she knows very well, elderly people and children that she doesn't know very well. But with adult strangers she doesn't know well (such as people at the vets she only sees twice a year, maybe 3x per year), she's friendly but aloof with them.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

Dog fight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog fight   Dog fight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 8:42 pm

OMG red you are so funny, totally spitting out my pop right now LOL

Fights are my WORST nightmare and I think the reason I have not owned large breed dogs (until now)

I have only witnessed one fight and it was a pug (spayed) bitch fight, one of my pugs is very strong minded and we had a similar female in rescue and my stupid husband put the food bowls down in the kitchen together and we had a pug fight..... mind you they are pugs but it was quite distressing for me, even though I know you are not supposed to yell and scream I was yelling and screaming for someone to help me..... I had two fighting and two other stupid pugs running around them getting excited.

Every time I tried to pull one away the other would move forward. I couldn't imagine if they had been any bigger then 20 pounds, how scary for you. I hope this does not become a regular experience for you.
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

Dog fight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog fight   Dog fight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010, 9:34 am

I still have not had Sophie and Bella together yet and I'm thinking I probably never will. Things take a lot more time, separate walks, separate everything, but I'm getting use to it. My problem is making sure the other members of my family understand how serious this is, they think I'm overly paranoid but they did not see the fight.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Dog fight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog fight   Dog fight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010, 10:15 am

rotncorso wrote:
I still have not had Sophie and Bella together yet and I'm thinking I probably never will. Things take a lot more time, separate walks, separate everything, but I'm getting use to it. My problem is making sure the other members of my family understand how serious this is, they think I'm overly paranoid but they did not see the fight.

Let me tell you my sceniro.. Maybe it will make you feel better.

Bosco was raised around drake since Bosco was 5 days old.. One day.. Drake went after Bosco. He went after his jaw and his ears.

First time it happened.. I was in the goat pen. Drake was running the bush. I was talking loudly to a damn goat who was bunting me at the time. I don't know if Bosco felt I was in danger or something. He cleared his pen. DRake came around the corner and went right after Drake. Bosco at the time was 200 pounds- drake well under 100 pounds. Bosco had drake litterally pinned by the throat. No puncture wounds. I had to take a calf sled. And litterally put it over bosco's body. I grabbed both collars. and I wasn't quiet. Think you could hear me telling them NO.. all the way to town. I had them by the collars. Bosco.. didn't care. Drake trying to get at him. Threw Bosco in his pen. Tied Drake. Shaking the whole time. Mostly adrenaline.

2nd time it happened- Hubby was pulling in the driveway. Bosco cleared his pen. Drake went after him.

3rd time was enough. Trust me all the emotions in the body. Bosco was out. Drake ran outside. and Attacked. I grabbed both collars. Bosco once again had drake pinned. Drake didn't give up going for the lips and ears. When I finally had both collars. THey were pulling. My arms were litterally felt like I was ripping apart. My veins were popping. DRake slipped his collar. One good thing is drake is submissive to me. I was Yes. Yelling Down. Through Bosco into the makeshift garage. LItterally there was blood everywhere. Put drake inside. Ran inside to get hubby. I was tired. and had to catch my breath.

One reason, Bosco got his balls chopped early just after a year. Usually I would wait 3 years. Took me over a month to find wire muzzles. More so to fit over Bosco's face. Now they are muzzled and they will work out their issues. Easier to muzzle and train. Then they have their freedom. They can be penned by each other. They don't growl NOTHING. So It will take some time. But Drake has never been like that with the PYRS. Proved it the other day with gunner. But it must be Bosco's size. who knows..

But I so know how you feel. If you are worried. Muzzle them. I like the wire baskets personally. Let them run with the muzzles. My situation is a work in progress.... and hopefully one day we will be able to work it out. If not. Well drake has adapted inside and Bosco.

I also had some wicked pyr fights when feeding raw. Not true fights. Because yes I used a water bucket. And mostly when I use my voice they do stop. But that is a male/female fight.

Edit to add.. My female pyr was the bad one. But one time. gunner fought back. It was pretty bad. Didn't want to interject. So I did bring out the gun. ( not to shoot them) but for the most part they hear a shot. They are trainned to lie down. It worked. I threw out the deer meat and raw meat after that. No more fights at all. One of the reasons. I will never feed Raw again. It altered them. I dont know if it was cause they are not your average pets. But who knows. No more fights with them.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Dog fight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog fight   Dog fight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010, 11:27 am

Mini, certain breeds of dogs, mainly the ones the public would consider to be dominant breeds (ie. Rottweilers, Bullmastiffs, Corsos, Dobes, etc...), a good majority of them are very confident dogs and have this "my shit doesn't stink" attitude about them. :lol: They are not dogs to start fights, but other dogs find this intimidating and fights breaks out. I only have the one dog, she's by no means dog aggressive but does walk with her head held high and confident when out on walks. All the while minding her own P's and Q's. For some reason, neighbours dogs find this intimidating and they are the first to charge off their property towards us (GSD, Shih Tzus, Springer Spaniel, Husky, a few Goldens, a few Chihuahuas). That could be the case with Bosco and why Drake doesn't care for him much.

I had to stop feeding the younger cats (I know not the same as dogs) raw for the same reason, it was making them food aggressive towards each other. Though they are smaller than dogs, those claws and teeth are just as sharp.
Back to top Go down
K-Flash
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

Dog fight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog fight   Dog fight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 2:16 am

rotncorso wrote:
My girls got into a fight this morning. We have to burn some of our garbage. I was looking at my flowers when I heard the commotion and they were at the burn barrel fighting. I grabbed a rake (closest thing to me). I(t probably took about 30 seconds to separate them but it felt like forever. thank god there were no serious injuries, I thought for sure there was but Sophie just had a little cut on her ear. I've finaly stopped shaking. And of course when it happened my husband had just pulled out of the driveway so I was alone. When he got back I told him what happened and actualy started to cry.

It's been so long since we have had this happen, I guess I let my guard down. Big mistake. I will have to be much more diligent.
My fear is having to keep them separated forever. These are girls that can be best buddies.

Personally, I'd rather break up a fight b/w 2 males, than 2 females. I'm glad you got them separated, but I'm of the op, that honestly 2 females/bitches will never co-habitate harmoneously with one another. Female fights can typically be harder to diffuse, than male fights. I totally understand, that (in your shoes), I'd be shaking too. Adrenaline does kick in, and well....we get excited. I hope all works out ok.
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

Dog fight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog fight   Dog fight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Aug 2010, 8:11 pm

Thanks K-flash. Things have changed here but its working out ok.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dog fight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog fight   Dog fight - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dog fight
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Pets and Animals :: Dogs-
Jump to: