Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)

Go down 
+4
Mini
mcpug
Unhingedmom
BigBrownEyes29
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic) Empty
PostSubject: Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)   Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic) Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 3:58 pm

I sure hope they catch the sick bastard who did this to that poor dog.

WINDSOR, Ont. — The local humane society is on the hunt for whoever sexually abused a dog so severely that rescuers had to euthanize it.

City of Windsor workers called the humane society to the 700 block of Louis Avenue on May 10 after finding the stray dog laying in the back of a school yard.

An agent with the Ontario Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals arrived to find a black and white Lab mix with “extremely serious” injuries to its genitals.

The dog was laying in the grass and couldn’t stand up.

The shelter veterinarian said the injuries were inflicted more than 24 hours earlier.

The shelter euthanized the dog to put it out of its misery.

The humane society said the crime is especially concerning because animal abusers rarely stop with their first heinous act, and often move on to more serious crimes against people.

That thought is even more disturbing in this case because of the sexual nature of the abuse, the humane society said.

The dog, likely a Lab mixed with hound or pointer, appeared to be between one and three years old. It was mostly black with white on his chest,

If you have information about who might own such a dog, or have seen anything else in the last 48 hours that might help investigators, you can call Crime Stoppers at 519-258-8477 or the Humane Society at 519-966-5751.

©️ Copyright (c) The Windsor Star

http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Windsor+abuser+sought/3013092/story.html
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)   Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic) Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 5:27 pm

Omg. How sickening!

A couple of things disturb me a bit. The fact that the dog was found at the back of a schoolyard and that they didn't state whether the dog's male or female.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)   Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic) Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 6:11 pm

If you look at the pictures it appears the dog is female.......

And the schoolyard was what caught my attention as well, not that its not horrific enough but it seems as though some sick perv is looking to progress to something more serious if not caught.

Its horrific and I hope the catch the SOB

I can tell you one thing if anything like this happened to my children/animals the offender better be driving a tank and have military back up if he wants to keep his "parts"

No

It makes you want to live in a bubble and not have contact with society.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)   Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic) Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 6:16 pm

The Windsor-Essex County Humane Society and Windsor Police are asking for help finding whoever it was that severely sexually abused a dog.

City of Windsor workers found a young, black Labrador mix dog lying in the yard behind a school in the 700 block of Louis Avenue on Monday.

When Humane Society officers arrived, they saw the dog on its back in the grass and unable to stand up.

Officers brought the dog to the shelter and a veterinarian examination found the dog had extremely serious and deliberate injuries clearly caused by humans.

'The person who did this was cruel and will likely do it again and could do it to a person next time.'—Melanie Coulter, humane society
"It appears that something was tied to the base of the dog's penis, and really the whole area was gangrenous and extremely painful," said Melanie Coulter, executive director of the humane society.
"This is really disturbing," said Coulter, who added the dog seemed like a friendly animal but one that was in a lot of pain.

"This shouldn't have happened. Honestly, this is one of those situations that you think about and can't stop thinking about even though you want to," said Coulter.

Dog put down
Veterinarians said the dog was between one and three years old, was mostly black with white on his chest and was probably a Lab mixed with either a pointer or a hound.

Coulter said the shelter vet decided the most humane thing to do was euthanize the dog.

"He didn't deserve this, he didn't deserve to suffer like this. .... The person who did this was cruel and will likely do it again and could do it to a person next time."

Coulter said everyone involved is extremely disturbed by the sexual nature of the abuse and she is hoping someone will contact the humane society, Windsor Police or give an anonymous tip to CrimeStoppers at 519-258-8477.

"We are really hoping that someone will know something," said Coulter. "We know that someone out there knows something."

Reminiscent of earlier cat death
In January, in an unrelated incident, a 17-year-old Windsor boy was arrested on charges he stabbed and beat a calico cat to death.

Police were called to a west end park after someone saw two young men kicking and stabbing a garbage bag before throwing it over a swimming pool fence around 4 a.m.

Inside the bag was a dead cat with four broken ribs and multiple stab wounds, all inflicted before it drowned in its own blood.

The boy pleaded guilty and was sentenced to time served and banned from owning or caring for an animal for 10 years.

During his sentencing the judge called the torture of the defenceless animal "despicable" and told the teenager he would have handed down a longe

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/windsor/story/2010/05/11/wdr-abused-dog-100511.html#ixzz0nf5necGF

More info- It was a male dog..

I hope they find the person/people too....
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)   Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic) Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 6:38 pm

Thanks for the info mini, I didn't/couldn't follow the link or google that one.

mcpug wrote:
If you look at the pictures it appears the dog is female.......

And the schoolyard was what caught my attention as well, not that its not horrific enough but it seems as though some sick perv is looking to progress to something more serious if not caught.

Its horrific and I hope the catch the SOB

I can tell you one thing if anything like this happened to my children/animals the offender better be driving a tank and have military back up if he wants to keep his "parts"

No

It makes you want to live in a bubble and not have contact with society.

What worries me is not only if it were some sick pervert, but what if it turns out to be a young offender? Ugh, what would be going on in a person's mind, let along a youth's, to do something like this?????
Back to top Go down
K-Flash
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

PostSubject: Re: Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)   Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic) Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 9:29 pm

This story is just horrible beyond measure or comprehension. Animal abuse on any level should be met with strict & swift punishment, but to desecrate an animal's genitalia is...well....blows my mind.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)   Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic) Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 9:43 am

I hope the find the offender and it turns out to be an adult. There was an incident a few years back in the city with a dog named AK (GSD / Rottweiler mix). His owner wanted the dog's ears cropped and took it upon himself to do it with a kitchen knife. Then left the dog out on the balcony with his ears bleeding. Neighbours saw the dog on the balcony and called AC. The guy only got 3 months in jail, but received a lot of threats, and I think he was also assaulted. If this person or people are caught and get off on a light sentence, it would be extremely disappointing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)   Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic) Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 5:43 pm

This story says the dog was sexually abused had a condom on his penis Shocked

http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Windsor+abuser+sought/3013092/story.html
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)   Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic) Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 12:21 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Wow...just wow!!! Sick, sick, sick.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)   Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic) Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 11:16 am

Update

http://www.windsorstar.com/news/nabbed+abuse+case/3027254/story.html

Windsor police nab man in dog abuse case

WINDSOR, Ont. — A man is in custody facing animal cruelty charges in connection with a savage, sexual assault on a dog that has outraged residents across the city.

Police are releasing few details as the investigation continues and the search for evidence continues.

The dog, believed to be a Lab mixed with hound or pointer aged one-to-three-years old, was found in severe pain earlier this week in a schoolyard in the 700 block of Louis Avenue by two city workers.

Humane Society officials arrived to find that someone had put a condom on the dog's penis and tied it off — likely more than 24 hours before officers found the suffering animal.

The dog's injuries were so severe it had to be euthanized.

Police said Thursday they had located the dog's owner.

©️ Copyright (c) The Windsor Star
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)   Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic) Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 11:18 am

what the hell is wrong with people?
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)   Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic) Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:54 pm

Another update on this story. The Canadian justice system really sucks.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/windsor/story/2010/05/14/wdr-dog-abuse-court-100514.html

Abused dog's owner charged in Windsor, Ont.
'These poor, defenceless animals,' says woman who started Facebook group
Last Updated: Friday, May 14, 2010 | 3:04 PM ET

The owner of a dog that was put down after it was found sexually abused near a school in Windsor, Ont., has been charged, in a case so shocking that it has the community in an uproar.

Anjalo Abeywickrema, 51, has been charged with one count of permitting unnecessary pain, injury or suffering to an animal.

City workers on Monday found the black Lab mix with severe genital injuries, lying in the grass on Louis Avenue near the back of Immaculate Conception Catholic Elementary School in downtown Windsor. The school is not far from Abeywickrema's house on Cataraqui Street.

The dog, named Tyson, was unable to move and in a lot of pain.

Humane society veterinarians had to sedate the dog to treat it and later euthanized the otherwise-healthy animal.

Part of the police investigation included fingerprinting a condom and a bicycle inner tube used in the assault.

Police arrested Abeywickrema on Thursday. They said he had been given the dog by a friend a few months ago.
Accused convicted in 2005 death

Abeywickrema was on parole when he was arrested Thursday, but that parole has now been revoked, said Windsor police Sgt. Brett Corey.

Abeywickrema was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in 2007 and sentenced to seven years in prison in the 2005 stabbing death of Tomislav Cepo. He had been initially charged with murder.

Abeywickrema had lived with Cepo at a rooming house after Abeywickrema fled war-torn Sri Lanka and arrived in Canada 21 years ago.

During his trial, court heard that Tamil Tigers raided the village where Abeywickrema's wife and children lived and that he believes they were murdered.

Abeywickrema had been left permanently disabled after being attacked by muggers.

He is in police custody at Hôtel-Dieu Grace Hospital with an undisclosed illness. His bail hearing has been set for Wednesday.

He faces what is known as a dual procedure offence, meaning that the maximum possible sentence for a conviction would depend on whether the Crown views the charge as a summary or an indictable offence.

If convicted, Abeywickrema could receive up to five years in a penitentiary or 18 months in prison and a $10,000 fine.
Community calls for punishment

Tips about the case began pouring in to police and Crime Stoppers almost immediately after the case became public on Tuesday.

Community reaction online quickly swelled a Facebook group dedicated to finding the abuser to more than 4,500 members in less than two days.

Tammy Deslauriers started the group to get people talking about stiffer penalties for animal abusers.

"My dog was with me, and I just peered over at her — I was in a state of devastation," Deslauriers told CBC News.

"These poor, defenceless animals. How does this happen?"

While many of those chatting online expressed anger and hinted at vigilantism, Deslauriers has removed posts from people promoting vengeance.

"It's OK to be angry, OK to be emotional. We're all upset," she said. "But let's take the positive and really make a movement with this."

Deslauriers's group, which she named Windsor Dog Abuser Sought, has organized a march for animal rights for Saturday at noon at Dieppe Gardens on Windsor's riverfront.

Deslauriers is asking people to wear red and bring their pets along.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)   Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic) Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 8:02 am

It is going to be a very scary day when this sick bastard has served all of his time and gets released again .
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)   Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic) Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 10:40 am

My husband and his brother would like some good old fashioned vigilante justice to be brought down on this man.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)   Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic) Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 11:11 am

What I don't understand is in the article it states "Abeywickrema had lived with Cepo at a rooming house after Abeywickrema fled war-torn Sri Lanka and arrived in Canada 21 years ago." Which means it's possible he is a refugee from Sri Lanka, why wasn't ordered to serve his silly sentence of 7 to 8 years, then deported back to Sri Lanka.

For those who live in Windsor and remember the incident where some teenagers from the middle east (not Canadian citizens), murdered a middle eastern taxi driver over a family feud that happened back in their country between the two families. The teens were sentenced to server a number of years in prison, then upon release they are to be deported back to their country.

The thing that I find mind boggling was, why wasn't this man ordered to serve his full sentence in prison, then after serving his sentence deported. I'm sure the Tamil Tigers would like to have a go at him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)   Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windsor dog abuser sought (warning kind of graphic)
Page 1 of 1