Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Baby Drop Off at Hospital

Go down 
+6
Mini
kbullet
yorkiemom
Kewl Chick
Snitty
Amomma
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

Baby Drop Off at Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Baby Drop Off at Hospital   Baby Drop Off at Hospital Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 12:24 am

So, in keeping along the same lines as the abortion discussion, has anyone read that a hospital in BC will be accepting babies for drop off? The idea is that rather than birthing alone and then killing the newborn, as some young disturbed females are doing, there will be a safe "baby drop". The woman can drop the baby off, it will be cared for immediatley, and she will not have to fear police involvement.

They do this in some European countries. I think it is a great idea, if it can prevent one of these boneheads from killing their newborns.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Baby Drop Off at Hospital   Baby Drop Off at Hospital Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 5:45 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baby Drop Off at Hospital   Baby Drop Off at Hospital Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 7:40 am

Excellent idea every hospital should do this!
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Baby Drop Off at Hospital   Baby Drop Off at Hospital Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 8:12 am

I read about this a few weeks back and I think it is an excellent idea and I hope that people actually utilize this option and that the word gets out and this program is duplicated elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Baby Drop Off at Hospital   Baby Drop Off at Hospital Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 8:23 am

They had that law in Nebraska not that long ago,Nebraska was not age specific and that was the downfall of the program,children from states all around them were dropping off children from 0 months to teens and preteens.

I believe they have now revamped the law and become more age specific
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Baby Drop Off at Hospital   Baby Drop Off at Hospital Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 10:17 am

I thought that you could do that regardless. I was under the impression that you could drop your unwanted child off at a hospital or the fire station with no repercussions.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Baby Drop Off at Hospital   Baby Drop Off at Hospital Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 10:27 am

I do believe their is an unwritten rule ( I heard) that you can drop off your infant at any firehall/ RCMP if the child is unwanted as well.

It is sad that such a place is needed, but if it cuts down the amount of infant murderes, child abuse ect.. I am all for it
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: Baby Drop Off at Hospital   Baby Drop Off at Hospital Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 11:04 am

I think it's a great idea, but I bet hospitals would take in an abandoned baby anyway. I guess it's all about getting that information out though.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Baby Drop Off at Hospital   Baby Drop Off at Hospital Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 11:19 am

A very good idea.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Baby Drop Off at Hospital   Baby Drop Off at Hospital Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 12:10 pm

I think it's a great idea also. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Baby Drop Off at Hospital   Baby Drop Off at Hospital Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 6:51 pm

I also agree it's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby Drop Off at Hospital   Baby Drop Off at Hospital Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baby Drop Off at Hospital
Page 1 of 1