Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack

Go down 
+2
mcpug
Mini
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack Empty
PostSubject: Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack   Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 7:47 pm

A three-year-old Alberta girl is recovering at the Stollery Children's Hospital after she was attacked by a dog earlier in the week.

Grande Prairie RCMP say the girl was playing with some dogs Monday night at a park when one bit her face.

The little girl had to undergo reconstructive surgery on Tuesday.

The girl's father says she was watching her family play baseball at the park when a rottweiler attacked.

"It's not something that should be able to even happen," said the girl's father Rodney King. "It's a family-oriented place, it shouldn't even have dogs."

Police say witnesses told them the girl was seen playing with two dogs, which were tied up near the baseball diamonds.

Investigators say the girl reportedly had fallen on the larger dog, and that's when it's believed the animal bit the girl's face.

The dog is now under a 10-day quarantine to ensure it doesn't have rabies.

"Not sure what happen if the dog wheeled around and met face-to-face and there was a bite. It's not like these dogs were roaming around hunting children or anything," said Sgt. Gord McMahon with the RCMP.

The girl's father says perhaps the dog wasn't trained properly, or maybe it was a freak accident.

But he says he doesn't want officials to risk this dog attacking another child, as he waits for his daughter to recover.

Doctors say little Caidynce will have some scars. The little girl turns four on Monday and the King family hopes to have a small gathering to celebrate.

If the dog checks out from the quarantine, it will have to muzzled if it comes into Grande Prairie. The dog will also have to be on a leash at all times.

There is no word at this point if the dog's owner will face charges

Okay Where do I begin

1) The dog was tied up- Why would the father sit there and watch his little girl play with dogs that are tied up. What happened to asking the owners

2) the dog is restrainned wasn't running around- But here is a parent trying to lay blame on someone else- other then on where it should BE.. HIM.. HIM... HIM... HIM

oh I have so much more to say
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack   Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 8:00 pm

Exactly what I was going to point out mini.

My son brought home a "bite prevention" sheet from school the other day and one of the big issues was never to approach a dog who is tied or chained, never give a dog a hug, and be a tree if a strange dog approaches you (cross your fingers in front of you, plant your feed in the ground and watch your feet grow (IE no eye contact with the dog)).

I would never let my children play with a strange dog let alone my own dogs if they were tied up, I won't even let my kids pet a strange dog..... even if the owner says its ok. Its not fair to the dog or child to "set them up" for something like this to happen, because both child and dog suffer when a child gets bit.

But of course this is a rottie so the dog will be blamed Mad
And targeted for being an aggressive breed when its totally the little girls parents fault that this happened.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack   Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 8:09 pm

This makes me so friggin MAD

As you all know.. I own large breed dogs..

If my kids have friends over. My dogs are penned. Bosco is penned and tied.
No reason they love kids..

BUt Bosco is still a puppy and he wouldn't bite them or anything like that. But I will not set any of my dogs up for failure. I have all the confidence in the world of them..

Just like the neighbors who run past my house with their dog- no chain. Their dog comes on our yard. Chased my horses in the front pasture. THank goodness my pyrs happened to be penned ( ear infection with one) Because they would deem that dog unsafe. We went over there and explained it to them. We said if your dog is leashed going past our place. My dogs would ignore. If you let your dog run.. and he comes onto our property- and starts spooking the herd. My dogs will work. It happened a couple of more times. It was their teenage daughter. So we went over there again. They said. The dog is used to be in the city.. ARGGGGGGGGG even more reason to leash the dog. I do not socialize my dogs ( big ones) with outside dogs. Only the crew. But if I keep my dogs from roaming.. WHY The heck should I always have to pen them.. so the neighbors dog can roam free..

Stupid People.. ( RANT over) LMAO
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack   Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 8:45 pm

I am the same way with my dogs, they are crated or inside if there are strange children around, children who are not used to dogs have a funny way of expressing there feelings, and its not fair to my dogs to put them in the situation.

--- I am still waiting for pictures of Bosco 8)
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack   Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 8:54 pm

mcpug wrote:
I am the same way with my dogs, they are crated or inside if there are strange children around, children who are not used to dogs have a funny way of expressing there feelings, and its not fair to my dogs to put them in the situation.

--- I am still waiting for pictures of Bosco 8)

LOL.. okay.. Bosco and Drake our another story.. had some nice friggin dog fights lately.. argg.. Pain in the butts they are..

But will do.. I will take some updated pics this weekend.....
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack   Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 10:23 pm

I agree with you guys,what the hell was the dad thinking,strange dogs,big dogs,tied up dogs,child is roaming free,what an ass to risk his own child,you know he was thinking she was entertained and he didn;t need to watch her.Wrong,now who pays the child and the dog
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack   Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 12:16 am

I agree with all of the above statements and it sucks that the dog had to be a Rottie and due to the fathers errors will be another added case to get the general public up in arms about more bans. Poor kid... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack   Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 7:32 am

Actually all the adults are responsible as far as I can see the parents and the owners of the dogs . You don't just tie your dogs up in a public place where any one can come up to them and leave them unattended , and you sure don't let a 3 year old run loose to go hear and there doing as it pleases . It could have been a child molester instead of a dog grab that little girl up .

PEOPLE just don't think !
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack   Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 9:54 am

The dog owner and the parent who brought the child to the park are both equally responsible. A well socialized dog should not injure a child that accidentally falls on them. Hell, I posted how a few weeks ago, my dog tripped me in agility class and I fell on her, and had her in a head lock when I fell. Not once did I get bit, my youngest has taken a tumble and landed on her, not once has he gotten bit. If your dogs are not used to young children or strangers, they should not be out in public in places where there are events that attract large groups of people. As for the father of this child, who in hell allows their child to play with strange dogs. When a child comes over that my dog is not familiar with or I'm not 100% familiar with the child's parent, then my dog is either crated or leashed to me. When will some people learn.
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack   Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 1:35 pm

I agree that both the parents and the dog owners are at fault. Poor little girl. I also wish that people would teach bite inhibition to pups.
If a dog does bite it could mean the difference of a nip and something like this.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack   Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 4:34 pm

Any further news on the little girl or the fate of the dog?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack   Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little girl recovering in hospital after brutal dog attack
Page 1 of 1