Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In two more years

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

In two more years Empty
PostSubject: In two more years   In two more years Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 12:04 am

my oldest son will be graduating high school and starting university. Time flies too quickly. I was sitting here with him at the computer discussing his courses for September 2010 school year that he has to have signed up for online by the end of this month. I don't know if he's going to stay in a dorm room, as the idea of having a room mate sounds like nothing but a big headache. So will be scouting some universities this summer and see if there are any bachelor apartments nearby the universities and the rent fees. Though I think it's going to be a good experience for him, I can't help but worry and be a little nervous about this.
Back to top Go down

In two more years Empty
PostSubject: In 2 more years   In two more years Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 3:13 am

Well Mother Hen - its time to let go as hard as that may be - you've raised a good boy now its time for him to experience life for himself - the good and the bad - you can't protect him forever. I would be inclined to go with Dorm living - even if he has a room mate - it will be a good experience for him. Dorm living does have some rules and adult supervision - usually a live in Dean. A Bachelor Pad (or apt) is only a magnet for the party crowd.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

In two more years Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two more years   In two more years Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 11:26 am

personally I think a dorm would be the better route at least for the first year, then if he decides he doesn't like it he can start looking for a cheap apt to rent.

It's scary to think there is only 6 more years (5yrs for oldest) before both of mine will be 18 and moving out, nothing like your babies becoming adults to make you feel old Shocked :lol:
Back to top Go down

In two more years Empty
PostSubject: In 2 more years   In two more years Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 11:42 am

Actually its when your baby starts poping out the grandchildren that you suddenly come to the realization that you've gotten old - your a senior now, and you can expect the Grim Reaper to be knocking at your door any day. Better stop here and now before I send BBE into the land of Depression.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

In two more years Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two more years   In two more years Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 12:12 pm

mcauley wrote:
Actually its when your baby starts poping out the grandchildren that you suddenly come to the realization that you've gotten old - your a senior now, and you can expect the Grim Reaper to be knocking at your door any day. Better stop here and now before I send BBE into the land of Depression.

:lol:
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

In two more years Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two more years   In two more years Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 1:34 am

mcauley wrote:

This September he will be starting his grade 11 year. Seems like yesterday, I was putting him on the school bus. I was nervous then about him starting his first day of school and first day of high school. Yeah, I know I'm a Mother Hen. :lol: This feeling will pass, like the other ones have. He has two more years before university, but where did the time go.
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

In two more years Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two more years   In two more years Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 9:10 am

BBE, I know just how you feel. My son went off to school at UWL this fall. It did almost feel like the first day of school when we took him to move into his dorm. I was excited for him but it was hard on me and I cried when it was time to leave. He's only a little more than an hour away so that makes it easier. He had almost a month home at xmas break, it was almost like going through it all over again when he went back.

I was married and had two children by the time I was 18 so thats been my whole life really and the empty nest syndrome hit me hard! Its getting easier now, I did stop calling him everyday when he gently told me I was calling him to much!
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

In two more years Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two more years   In two more years Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 10:18 am

rotncorso wrote:

I was married and had two children by the time I was 18 so thats been my whole life really and the empty nest syndrome hit me hard! Its getting easier now, I did stop calling him everyday when he gently told me I was calling him to much!

Same here, Mine are 12 and 13 right now its scary to think they'll be out on their own so soon, then there is also the fear they will turn out like their dad and want to live at home till they are 25 :lol:
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

In two more years Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two more years   In two more years Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 4:23 pm

D, I knew we had something in common!
Way to young, but it does make my day when I get mistaken for the older sister!
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

In two more years Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two more years   In two more years Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 7:08 pm

rotncorso wrote:

I can't be mistaken for the older sister yet because mine are forever whining "mom, can i get this? Mooooooooooommmmy"

Some days the days until they are old enough to move out seem to be taking forever to get here Shocked
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

In two more years Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two more years   In two more years Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb 2010, 10:33 pm

.D. wrote:
rotncorso wrote:

I can't be mistaken for the older sister yet because mine are forever whining "mom, can i get this? Mooooooooooommmmy"

Some days the days until they are old enough to move out seem to be taking forever to get here Shocked

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In two more years Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two more years   In two more years Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In two more years
Page 1 of 1