Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Got my scrubs and other stuff

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Got my scrubs and other stuff Empty
PostSubject: Got my scrubs and other stuff   Got my scrubs and other stuff Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jan 2010, 8:40 pm

First of all.. I got some really really good shoes.

IN ALL OF MY YEARS. I have never paid 170 dollars for a pair of running shoes.. OH MY GOODNESS... Went to the running room. BUT OH MY GOODNESS. I mean I pay that for my cowboy boots and stuff.. BUT running shoes.. argg.. BUt on the reverse side. I put them on my feet and I swear they are the most comfy shoes I have ever had the pleasure to grace my princess toes.. LMAO

Then we went to get scrubs.. HA HA HA HA H... So many too choose from.. So I got all bright and cherry colors.. and cartoons.. and COUGH.. yes I even got PINK PANTS. I was talking to hubby and he said.. HMMMM those scrubs hmm show off some curves.. LMFAO.. He said.. ya the old folks home mens pace makers are going to do double time.. HA HA HA HA HA HA.. He is such a jerk sometimes.. and then sometimes he can say the sweetest things...

Edit.. my stupid spelling
and stuff..

on more thing.. I hate going into edmonton.. Argg.. rude rude people..
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Got my scrubs and other stuff   Got my scrubs and other stuff Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jan 2010, 9:22 pm

The most comfy shoes I have ever bought were those darn ugly crocks. Not the ones you get at a dollar store or Walmart. The ones at the mall kiosk. Expensive but so comfy, until dogzilla punctured holes in them. The only shoes she would chew. I guess because they had that rubbery kong feeling to them. :lol:

A decent pair of running shoes for a job where you'll be on your feet all day are going to cost quite a bit. But they won't wear as easily as a cheap pair, so well worth the money spent.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Got my scrubs and other stuff   Got my scrubs and other stuff Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jan 2010, 9:37 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
The most comfy shoes I have ever bought were those darn ugly crocks. Not the ones you get at a dollar store or Walmart. The ones at the mall kiosk. Expensive but so comfy, until dogzilla punctured holes in them. The only shoes she would chew. I guess because they had that rubbery kong feeling to them. :lol:

A decent pair of running shoes for a job where you'll be on your feet all day are going to cost quite a bit. But they won't wear as easily as a cheap pair, so well worth the money spent.

See I am the one that will spend or buy the walmart special.... I have no problem spending money on my kids but I am usually the last one I spend money on. It does drive the hubby crazy.

Hubby buys his shoes from there because he runs all the time..

But when you walk in there.. they get you to do all sorts of things.. It was pretty intense.. Didn't realize so much went into what kind of support is good for you.... ( Ya I am a little bid of a redneck) I choked when I was told the cough. We saved a little because they have military discount. LMAO..

But since they are just being used for work.. I am hoping they LAST a very long .. long.. long... long... time
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Got my scrubs and other stuff   Got my scrubs and other stuff Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jan 2010, 9:41 pm

The shoes are essential when on your feet all day. Trust me, regular runners will not cut it. My plan with my first pay is to get a decent pair of shoes. A hint. Only wear the shoes during work, wear a pair in, change into the work shoes, and change back out at the end of your shift. This prevents the extra wear and tear plus, you won't be bringing home any possible communicable diseases.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Got my scrubs and other stuff   Got my scrubs and other stuff Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jan 2010, 9:46 pm

kbullet wrote:
The shoes are essential when on your feet all day. Trust me, regular runners will not cut it. My plan with my first pay is to get a decent pair of shoes. A hint. Only wear the shoes during work, wear a pair in, change into the work shoes, and change back out at the end of your shift. This prevents the extra wear and tear plus, you won't be bringing home any possible communicable diseases.

Thanks bullet.. I didn't think about the communicable disease part... BUt they are only going to be used for work..
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Got my scrubs and other stuff   Got my scrubs and other stuff Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jan 2010, 9:55 pm

No problem.. it wasn't something I thought of either.. my instructors told us it would be a good idea if you are working in the community setting where you see multiple patients in their homes.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Got my scrubs and other stuff   Got my scrubs and other stuff Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 12:38 am

Ack, yup shopping sucks and so do trips to Edmonton. Funny you are speaking of feet and shoes because I have been complaining about my feet the last week or so. I am convinced my problem is wearing the last thread off my socks. When I thought about it the problem was wearing socks with holes in them at the heels...the wool ones. Was literally run off my feet today with trips to the farm to load bales for customers...calculated and it was 3 plus miles. Now I know why a cell phone might be handy, not that I think I will ever get one, but people get lost with the best directions and when they are about an hour late then I walk home to see if they called from being lost...and they did...GPS's don't work where I live and soooo many people rely on them, we're off the map. Gah... tantrum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got my scrubs and other stuff   Got my scrubs and other stuff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got my scrubs and other stuff
Page 1 of 1