Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Update on the fur kids with pics.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Update on the fur kids with pics. Empty
PostSubject: Update on the fur kids with pics.   Update on the fur kids with pics. Icon_minitimeSat 04 May 2013, 12:16 am

If you are on facebook sorry for the repeat. Ex Plluba folk will recall everyones "favorite person" coining the phrase..."dragging dogs around in circles while wearing dresses". That's what we have been up to minus the dragging portion. So far I've had only two out and the judges are liking them. They are just babies still and showing in the 6 - 9 month classes and once that is finished they compete with the older dogs. It's been a lot of fun except for the early mornings and time on the road with all the snow and ice we had to deal with but it's all melted now...YAY. The photos are all casual as I don't have the show photos yet.

The boy...
Update on the fur kids with pics. IMG_0054_zps4dcf5d23

Arara...

Update on the fur kids with pics. IMG_0003re_zps78268881

Summer...

Update on the fur kids with pics. IMG_0012re_zpsd59c166b

Arara and I before packing up for home

Update on the fur kids with pics. IMG_0149_zpsf153226d

And Araras haul to date...not bad for a six month old puppy. The boy has a few more pink Reserve Winners and all blue ribbons. We are only doing one show a month and I'll likely debut Summer in August. Not taking any of it too seriously so it's just for fun. Health testing isn't til they are two years old and if that goes well then we'll think about Regionals and Nationals. They are really enjoying getting out and showing and we have tons of people who follow us back to our benching area to take photos of them and enquire about the breed and enjoy puppy kisses. The shows have been busy with breeding , grooming, nutrition, health etc. seminars and we have met some top notch pro exhibitors and judges that have said some very nice encouraging words about them and their show future. Ran into some fellow competitors that ran them down too. Life's like that, everyone has an opinion. Meanwhile they are loving their first spring and getting dirty running in the hay fields, everything is new to them and we are still enjoying them immensely watching what they think about rabbits, birds and bugs. Way too much fun. Last word...if you are against breeders and people who show... stfu

Update on the fur kids with pics. IMG_00011re_zpsadcdbc5c
Back to top Go down
K-Flash
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

PostSubject: Re: Update on the fur kids with pics.   Update on the fur kids with pics. Icon_minitimeSat 04 May 2013, 12:32 am

Update on the fur kids with pics. 33couas

...ok...so the Golden is still and forever will be my heart breed, but unfortunately the breeder that I was in contact with, didn't have a male. So thus, I turned my attention to this boy. He will become my next Search & Recovery partner. He has great drives + a great nose. I'm not stepping out on the GR's, just experiencing a different flavour (so to speak). I'll have dogs, until they pack me away in a pine box, so I still have a few years Smile!
Back to top Go down
K-Flash
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

PostSubject: Re: Update on the fur kids with pics.   Update on the fur kids with pics. Icon_minitimeSat 04 May 2013, 12:36 am

Sorry pooper!...I think I inadvertently posted in your thread. For some reason, I thought I was posting in a generic fur kids thread. My bad! Doing this on my iPad late at night, perhaps wasn't the best idea. :/
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Update on the fur kids with pics.   Update on the fur kids with pics. Icon_minitimeSat 04 May 2013, 12:38 am

Beautiful pics Pooper. You seem to be doing very well with your pups!

K-Flash. What a sweet little guy he is! I didn't know you did search and recovery. Very neat.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Update on the fur kids with pics.   Update on the fur kids with pics. Icon_minitimeSat 04 May 2013, 12:43 am

No problem...tee hee I am navigation challenged too sometimes. He's a cute pup and I truly hope he does well with S and R. I like Goldens also and this new guy although a different breed should serve you well. He's so little. Smile I'm with you dogs forever.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Update on the fur kids with pics.   Update on the fur kids with pics. Icon_minitimeSat 04 May 2013, 12:57 am

K Flash this might interest you...in future but you likely already know about it or could teach it.Smile

July 6th & 7th, Sherwood Park
This seminar will teach you how to train and prepare for A CKC Tracking Dog Trial.
No previous training or experience is required!

Instructor: Roseanna Gullekson BFA, CPDT-KA

Seminar Outline:
Scent Theory
Track Laying
Track aging
Canine Body Language
Use of Rewards
Line handling
Equipment
Trial Rules and Regulations
Hands on Track
Laying
Hands on dog handling
Corners
Problem Solving
Article Indication

Working Spots are limited!

For more information check out www.thedogtrainingcompany.ca
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Update on the fur kids with pics.   Update on the fur kids with pics. Icon_minitimeMon 06 May 2013, 1:06 am

Pooper -- Beautiful pics! They're all adorable but that Arara is my fav. Congratulations!

K-Flash -- That is an cute GSD. Have you got a name picked out for him?
Back to top Go down
K-Flash
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

PostSubject: Re: Update on the fur kids with pics.   Update on the fur kids with pics. Icon_minitimeMon 06 May 2013, 12:24 pm

Gorgeous pics pooper! Wishing you continued success. It's interesting, I've observed some of the best dog handlers, come from the show ring. Thanks for the link! I'll definitely be putting some tracking on this boy, but having said that, I hope he maintains some "air-scenting" skills too. Sometimes the hard-core trackers miss human scent, because they don't get their nose off the ground. He's definitely a work-in-progress, but of course, at 8 weeks, he's still learning to navigate a new environment.

@BBE...his name is Daxx. The "D" and the "A" = "Dominance Arising". I'm hoping to sharpen my handling skills with this boy. He's definitely testing my mettle, but I'm also learning from him too.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Update on the fur kids with pics.   Update on the fur kids with pics. Icon_minitimeSat 11 May 2013, 12:04 am

Thanks for your encouraging replies everyone they are a all dream come true. Little Darth was placed to a pet home as his bite was level and wasn't perfect. I had an amazing amount of people who wished to adopt him from our waiting list and had to do a lot of soul searching as to who would be the perfect pet parent for him. Hubby and I decided that we would go against tradition and placed him with an older lady who is deaf and was in mired down in a long term deep depression after losing her husband and had spent time in the hospital for her depression issues. If needed he will be returned to me should he out live her but he has already enriched her life to such a scale that I haven't second guessed my choice for him. He is her ears and her constant companion, her son says she's a different person now no longer depressed and housebound. She's now out and about with him as she promised...visiting other people in hospitals with him. On the multiple pre purchase visits with him she had expressed that when she was feeling bad and in the hospital dog would have cheered her up, she cried when she related the loneliness of her experience there. For a breed that is a companion dog he's doing his job...and well. Very Happy Her family and friends keep in close contact with me and it's always such positives they share about how the "not perfect" little dog is making such a big difference to so many lives. I am really proud of him he is perfect after all. cheers
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Update on the fur kids with pics.   Update on the fur kids with pics. Icon_minitimeSat 11 May 2013, 7:10 am

pooper, heartwarming doesn't come close to describing what you have done for that woman. To give a 'well seasoned' person the opportunity she likely wouldn't get from many due to her age and hearing ability and to recognize that she needed him so much more than other, much younger and active applicants is a testament to you as a breeder and a person. You have given this woman a new life and created a bond that will only grow deeper and will last a life time......something you can never put a price on. Bless you for listening to your heart and hers, and being there for her each step of the way.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Update on the fur kids with pics.   Update on the fur kids with pics. Icon_minitimeSat 11 May 2013, 11:35 pm

Crying or Very sad Thank you so much for your kind words. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on the fur kids with pics.   Update on the fur kids with pics. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update on the fur kids with pics.
Page 1 of 1