Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are your thoughts on...

Go down 
+2
rottnmom
Kewl Chick
6 posters

Should this be legal in North America?
yes
What are your thoughts on... Vote_lcap0%What are your thoughts on... Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
no
What are your thoughts on... Vote_lcap25%What are your thoughts on... Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
hell no
What are your thoughts on... Vote_lcap50%What are your thoughts on... Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
go back to your home country
What are your thoughts on... Vote_lcap25%What are your thoughts on... Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

What are your thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: What are your thoughts on...   What are your thoughts on... Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 9:55 pm

Arranged marriages?

I just came across this article and I was wondering what some of you think of the idea of arranged marriages whether the union is accepted by both parties or if it is by force.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2012/11/08/man-woman-charged-after-edmonton-woman-confined-to-house-for-refusing-arranged-marriage-cops
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on...   What are your thoughts on... Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 12:01 am

That ranks right up there with child labour and slavery. Disgusting and inhumane
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on...   What are your thoughts on... Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 12:21 am

only if I say so LOL
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on...   What are your thoughts on... Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 12:24 am

I think if both parties consent then I see no problem with it. I have a problem when it's by force.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on...   What are your thoughts on... Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 6:30 pm

I used to work with two girls from India who had arranged marriages, both husbands were older but also had money so they seemed to be doing just fine. However in the case in the news no way Jose. cool
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on...   What are your thoughts on... Icon_minitimeMon 19 Nov 2012, 12:47 am

I think I read somewhere that the divorce rate was lower world wide with arranged marriages. Not sure if that is true but over all I wonder if marriage even has a purpose in society any more. Values have changed so much that other than a good party at the start so many don't last. Not a judgement but an observation... living in sin sounds so much more fun without the divorce costs but still all the benefits. And yes I am bitter because... being married I don't get a GST cheque...government bastards, but the smart girls who cohabitate do. lol! I'm just being jealous. Giggle
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on...   What are your thoughts on... Icon_minitimeMon 19 Nov 2012, 1:05 am

I would never marry again,but I would live with the right man
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on...   What are your thoughts on... Icon_minitimeMon 19 Nov 2012, 1:14 am

I also heard the divorce rates are lower. A few friends and acquaintances of mine from East Indian, Middle Eastern, Italian (just one person I know of), and Chinese cultures, have an marriage. You don't marry for love but for social class status. Even though the divorce rates are much much lower, I have to wonder how much higher the suicide rates amoung the females are. When they are forced to marry someone who is not pleasing to their eyes, or someone who is physically and emotionally abusive towards them, it can cause that person to go into a depression. Divorce in their culture would cause the wife's family shame and she would either be disowned, or murdered (or as they would like to call it honor killing).

I would never marry, nor would I have him live with me. I would prefer my own house and him to have his own house. I work way to hard for the little I have to have to split it 50/50 and start over again if the relationship doesn't work out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on...   What are your thoughts on... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your thoughts on...
Page 1 of 1