Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yorkies Thread

Go down 
+8
Unhingedmom
*~Skittles~*
Boston
Kewl Chick
rottnmom
ivegotfleas1
yorkiemom
Jerseyfivedogs
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 6:41 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
Why are you being a pain in the ass Bullet? Not like you at all whats up?

I trained her well cool

Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Smiley12
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 6:50 pm

Where is the damn trophy emote,you earned it for your teachings
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 7:33 am

Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 9:26 am

Good Morning

Where is everybody?
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 9:31 am

I was right above you silly. Smile
You just never said hi to me. Razz
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 11:14 am

I'm around, just not in the posting mood.

After 4 years and almost $5000, junior has decided she wants to quit karate for good. Wifey was in tears, I wasn't far myself. 4 months from potentially getting her blackbelt, and she just quits. We can force her to go, but if she doesn't want to be there, she wont try anyway.

Anyway, I'll get over it and be back to normal soon I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 11:30 am

What happened Fleas that she wants to quit?
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 11:41 am

When my Maggie quit Dance (and she had been in it since she was 3) we found out that the other girls' were teasing her about her weight.
I know Jr. doesn't have that issue but I'm wondering if something like that might have happened to her?
Maggie only had a few months left as well.
Sad
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 11:58 am

She's been hesitant when it's time to go to get ready, and I think because of the heavier workload she doesn't want to go. In 4 months, IF she does get her belt, she basically can go when she feels like it until she is 16. Other than that, I have no clue. She goes with wifeys friends daughter, and they seem to get along alright, so not really sure.

The other possibility is that she thinks she might fail to get her belt this year, which is fine with us, but she might think she would be letting us down. We've definitely been pushing a little harder lately, I just didn't think THAT hard. I'm not sold on her quitting yet, because SHE has to tell the woman at karate she wants to quit. She's an older woman who has a couple of sons that went through this (one is the head sempei at the place we go), and I'm hoping she knows what to say to bring junior around.

We shall see I guess. Sad
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 12:41 pm

You know what? She's NOT quitting. I went through this when wifey was going to her PSW course, and I wouldn't let her quit either, and look at her now. So fuck it, she will go whether she likes it or not, and when she has completed what we paid for, she can make her own decision. Fleas is laying down the law! Mad
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 12:52 pm

That would be my decision if she was my daughter.
I would tell her this part that you said here though...

The other possibility is that she thinks she might fail to get her belt this year, which is fine with us, but she might think she would be letting us down.

I'd talk to her about that.
Kids are funny, failing at something when you try your best does not let us down, quitting on the other hand with no real reason is very disappointing.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 1:14 pm

In all honesty, I completely expect her to fail this year for her black. She's trying hard and can always get it next year, so it's not a failure to us. We've never done anything like what she's doing, so I can imagine it isn't easy at this point, I just don't want her to quit because of us. If she wants to quit after her black, more power to her, I just want her to finish what she started. I don't care if it takes 5 years, but if she really wants to give it up, she will get it done asap.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 1:50 pm

When I was about 9 I wanted to take clarinet lessons.
It was very expensive at the time I remember but my parents said yes and paid the money.
Halfway in, I wanted to quit.
My mom told me how it was important to complete what you started and that quitting would make me feel, well, like a quitter.
My mom being the smartest mom in the world said the decision was mine to make and that she knew I'd make the right one.
Well, you know what I decided...I HAD to keep going or the guilt would have eaten me alive.
I was told that I was responsible enough to make my own decision but I knew what she wanted me to do.
I had to make the responsible decision and keep going because she gave me the feeling of being grown up enough to make it.
Did that kinda make sense?

I just remember feeling like I'd never be allowed to make a decision for myself again if I let her down and quit.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 3:01 pm

That sounds better Fleas,you go!!!!!!!!!!
A good lesson in you don't quit something you started for her
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 4:39 pm

She's been told. I'm not letting her quit until the goal has been reached, and if she doesn't like it, too bad.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:12 pm

Aww poor Junior, tell her she can do this...at her own pace but quitting isn't an option. She is a very determined young lady, heck she made it this far. I'm rooting for her and I hope that no matter what you do just reinforce how proud you are as parents and how much you both love her.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 10:01 pm

Thanks to all of you. I can't let her quit, or she becomes ME! I've started many things and given up, which has lead me to my epic fail of a life. She can't start her early years the way I did.

Go Junior!
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 10:05 pm

Fleas, please don't be so hard on yourself. We are all young once and maybe we don't make the best choices but we make the best of it. To me, you are doing everything that needs to be done. You are showing Junior what it means to be a good parent!!!
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 10:09 pm

I second what Kewl said. (and she said it so well)
Smile
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 11:00 pm

It teaches them commitment Fleas and that is a good thing
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012, 8:29 am

Good Morning

Fleas you must be working fairly regular,don't see you on here much

School is out here in 5 days,my kids are going to the beach for a month,according to them it is so I can have a vacation.
I assume that means I can do all the lawn mowing,housework,and whatever else while they sun on the beach "sigh"
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012, 11:34 am

Haven't worked at all since the weekend, but I've got one helluva cold. If they call, I'm going...but it isn't going to be easy.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012, 12:14 pm

UGH,for me cold fx clears mine up everytime Fleas.
Get yourself feeling better
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012, 8:54 pm

Get better soon Fleas!!
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012, 9:00 pm

Seems to be getting somewhat better, and I get to work the weekend again! Screwed up my pay, paid me for 2 days instead of 4. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yorkies Thread
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next