Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Computer question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Computer question Empty
PostSubject: Computer question   Computer question Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 7:39 am

Since my husband is a turd and not very helpful, I thought I'd ask people who are actually nice to me for some help.

I have all my pictures on his computer. (the one I use everyday but I realize that it is his and I'm not to fuss with much on it)

How do I get all of my pictures on to a disc?
Do people use discs?

I guess my question is I want to save all my pictures onto something I can carry with me when the ship sinks-lol
His answer to me was, "People just cry when they lose their pictures."
I thought that was mean but I'm not surprised.

I have so many pics and I'd love to be able to save them.
Sad
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Computer question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer question   Computer question Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 8:14 am

Jersey it is rather easy to put pictures on a disk.

Are they in sorted albums? If you can put them in folders it makes it a bit nicer and easier to navigate. I prefer to use DVD's because there is so much more space than disks.

Go to your photos
Click the edit tab up top of the page - Select all
You will see they get a little highlight to them
right click on any one and you will see a send to and your disk drive should show up there

Then poof you will see them start to save and your computer will prompt automatically to name and write the disk. If worse comes to worse and you need me to talk you through it email me and I can call you and help that way. Its been too long since I heard that cute voice of yours anyway.

I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Computer question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer question   Computer question Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 8:17 am

Awww, thanks Kewl.

They are sorted into folders. (by months)
Don't laugh but what is the difference between a disc and a DVD?
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Computer question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer question   Computer question Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 8:26 am

They are the same thing basically but the DVD's have much more space than a single disk. If you already have cd's then I would just use them.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Computer question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer question   Computer question Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 8:30 am

I don't have anything yet.
I am asking all the questions so I know what to buy.
Do you buy DVD's at Wal mart or is there a better place?

Thanks for your patience Kewl.
I'll feel awful if I lose all my pictures.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Computer question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer question   Computer question Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 8:40 am

Dollarama baby!!
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Computer question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer question   Computer question Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 8:43 am

LOL

I can do that.

I'll let you know when I get them and then if you have time, you can talk me through it.
Thanks again Kewl.
cheers
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Computer question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer question   Computer question Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 12:06 pm

If you want an easier way, buy a few thumb drives. It'll cost a bit more, but I prefer it myself.
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Computer question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer question   Computer question Icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 12:00 am

ivegotfleas1 wrote:
If you want an easier way, buy a few thumb drives. It'll cost a bit more, but I prefer it myself.

This is much easier or if you live near a Walmart or Costco, you can purchase a 250GB portable hard drive for around $60 to $70, maybe even a little less and just copy all of your photos over to the portable hard drive. Some one may be selling one on Kijiji for cheaper and more hard drive space.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Computer question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer question   Computer question Icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 5:34 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
ivegotfleas1 wrote:

This is much easier or if you live near a Walmart or Costco, you can purchase a 250GB portable hard drive for around $60 to $70, maybe even a little less and just copy all of your photos over to the portable hard drive. Some one may be selling one on Kijiji for cheaper and more hard drive space.

Another fine idea.
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
Sponsored content

Computer question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer question   Computer question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Computer question
Page 1 of 1