Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quirks- you all have them

Go down 
+6
Boston
yorkiemom
Mousey
BigBrownEyes29
MikaKeara
Mini
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 9:06 am

feathers wrote:
Leighvitalone wrote:
I feel soooooo much better about my OCD. Grin

Mika, seriously, how do you keep the dog smell out? I bath four of my dogs every month (except the fifth one, she's not a fan of baths). I vacuum daily, frebreeze, even those automatic air fresheners....nothing. My house still smells like dog. I even thrown out furniture every 6 months cause I can't take the smell.

I use Murphys Oil soap to clean with keeps a clean fresh smell in the house . I vacuum the furniture and wipe it down with a damp rag with the Murphys oil soap 1 -2 times a week .
Works really good for me . Never had any luck with ferbreeze .

i've always wanted to try Murphys oil....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 9:06 am

feathers wrote:
Leighvitalone wrote:

Mika, seriously, how do you keep the dog smell out? I bath four of my dogs every month (except the fifth one, she's not a fan of baths). I vacuum daily, frebreeze, even those automatic air fresheners....nothing. My house still smells like dog. I even thrown out furniture every 6 months cause I can't take the smell.

I use Murphys Oil soap to clean with keeps a clean fresh smell in the house . I vacuum the furniture and wipe it down with a damp rag with the Murphys oil soap 1 -2 times a week .

Can you get that anywhere?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 9:39 am

Leighvitalone wrote:
feathers wrote:
Leighvitalone wrote:

Can you get that anywhere?

I get mine at Wal-Mart , and our Dollar Stores sales it to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 9:57 am

⭐

Last edited by Dinkers on Thu 26 Nov 2009, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 10:04 am

Dinkers wrote:
I believe I'm the most sane one here Shocked

Silly girl. It's obvious we are the norm....that would make you....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 10:07 am

⭐

Last edited by Dinkers on Thu 26 Nov 2009, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 10:08 am

Thanks Feathers. I will pick some up tonight.

Oh another quirk...and I know this bad. But I buy disposable mop heads. I use one a day. I can't stand using a dirty mop to wash the floors Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 10:13 am

⭐

Last edited by Dinkers on Thu 26 Nov 2009, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 10:18 am

Dinkers wrote:
Leighvitalone wrote:

Oh another quirk...and I know this bad. But I buy disposable mop heads. I use one a day. I can't stand using a dirty mop to wash the floors Embarassed

I can't stand mops at all, a bucket with a rag to wash and a rag to dry.

That's what I do on the weekends. 'cause then I can get all the corners.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 11:42 am

Dinkers wrote:
Leighvitalone wrote:

I can't stand mops at all, a bucket with a rag to wash and a rag to dry.

Ditto, I wash my floors on my hands and knees.
Back to top Go down
MikaKeara
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
MikaKeara

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 12:08 pm

I use a steam mop.. lol

And the cover gets cleaned after every use..

I love how it gets ever corner..

Though in the bathroom I wash with my hands cause there's too many little spots to get like around the toilet..

I thought I was insane..lol

My dogs are not aloud on any furniture.. I steam mop my floors once a week, wash my bedding once a week.. clean the litter out completly every second day. I have bags for the litter box. Just have to take it, and take it out in the garbage, wipe and replace..
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 1:43 pm

LMAO

wow.. I thought my quirk with the socks.. HA HA HA HA was bad

I guess I am usually pretty laid back....and not alot bothers me.... lol....I believe in a tidy house.. but a neat freak I am not.. between hay straw mud that gets dragged in on a daily basis. lol..

the only thing that I am anal about.. Halter, saddle blankets.. ect.. have to be stored properly.. all medicine has to be labelled.. needles for pencillian are in their own baggy.. and it all goes in a locked cabinet...

Other then that.. oh well..... I don't sweat the small stuff usually....
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 5:52 pm

have to sleep with covers not tucked in.

I flip my pillow all the time to get the cool side.

I have to eat with the small silverware, I hate eating with a big fork or spoon.

That's all I can think of..
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 5:54 pm

MMGirl~~Skittles wrote:

I have to eat with the small silverware, I hate eating with a big fork or spoon.

I do the same thing. The big ones just seem so HUGE.
Back to top Go down
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 5:55 pm

Boston wrote:
MMGirl~~Skittles wrote:

I do the same thing. The big ones just seem so HUGE.

Way to big..
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 6:42 pm

After a two hour search for my jigsaw I remembered another one of mine.

If you use my tools, put them back where they belong!! Mad

I have everything sorted. If I need a wrench it's with the wrenches, a screwdriver same thing. All my painting gear is together, etc. Hubby figures putting away means making it invisible in the most convenient place from where he was using it last. :roll:
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 8:05 pm

MikaKeara wrote:
My dishes have to be rinsed clean, before I put them in the soapy water. I dont do dishes when my water is filled with food. Thats gross to me.

:o I do the same thing. :lol:

I also vacuum the dog. Embarassed Is it weird that she loves being vacuumed.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 9:32 pm

I have a few quirks...believe it or not. Grin

I don't like it when people drop by unexpected.

I do not like phones.

Don't eat anything that someone I don't know has prepared (or even some that I do know)

I like clear glass dishes with no pattern and my food must not touch on my dish.

If I am the only one eating I'll eat out of the pot...less dishes.

My home is my sanctuary and I rarely invite anyone in.

Only eat food with ketchup on it when it is hot, once cold it disgusts me.

All garbage has to be separated for recycle or the burner.

I like throwing the occasional huge outdoor bash.

Don't care for other animals or humans around my animals.

Have a radio on except for when I am sleeping.

Don't "do toilets"...they are the mans chore. No public washrooms for me either.

Hate anyone in my stuff.

Very little patience for aggressive religious types.

Hate heights, biting bugs, and sharp knives...all give me the willys.

Not a huggy kissy person unless it's a furry friend and then the rules change.

Have to have long painted nails, polish chips are not acceptable.

...that's all I can think of but I know there's more. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009, 12:19 pm

I always saddle my own horse and check and recheck my girth often.
I always groom and braid my own horse for a show. I do not like help with these things at all.
I have to be in charge of feeding all the animals. Drives me nuts if someone else does it.
Have to sleep with the TV on.
I cry when I watch my kids do something exciting.
The worst thing I do, and so do other family members is...laugh when someone gets hurt. I hate this and its not a "its so funny laugh" its a"you scare the shit out of me laugh". Horrible family trait that even my grandma had.

Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009, 10:48 pm

I have to have my own tube of toothpaste.....I can't use one that's been touched by another toothbrush. I also won't put my toothbrush in a multi-toothbrush holder....too much chance of brushes touching.

Feet creep me out......weird since I have such a fascination with socks.

Chewing noises make my skin crawl......if I can hear you chewing, I'll most likely leave the room.

I faint at the sight of blood, my own included. And don't tell me your stories of bloody injuries.....that will probably make me faint too.

I know there's more....just too tired to think.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 1:04 am

Twisted Angel wrote:
I have to have my own tube of toothpaste.....I can't use one that's been touched by another toothbrush. I also won't put my toothbrush in a multi-toothbrush holder....too much chance of brushes touching.

Same here with the tube of toothpaste and not keeping my toothbrush in a toothbrush holder in the bathroom. Not only that but if someone takes a massive dump, I don't want any stink particles landing on my toothbrush. You will never see a toothbrush or toothpaste in the bathroom at my place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 1:11 am

I refuse (if possible) to touch door handles in public places...especially restrooms.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 2:44 am

Same here Sweet...I hate going into a public washroom that requires you to pull the door open. Now I bring a piece of paper towel to pull open the door. Yup I am strange 🐰
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 2:57 am

stillwood wrote:
Same here Sweet...I hate going into a public washroom that requires you to pull the door open. Now I bring a piece of paper towel to pull open the door. Yup I am strange 🐰

well then, we're both strange...I usually use my sleeve if nothing else is available.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 3:05 am

sweet charlotte wrote:
stillwood wrote:

well then, we're both strange...I usually use my sleeve if nothing else is available.

Me too Very Happy and I open the stall door and flush with my foot :lol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quirks- you all have them
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: