Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anybody remember these??

Go down 
+5
smurry
Mousey
yorkiemom
kbullet
rottnmom
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember these??   Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 3:25 pm

bullet yours are on the way too, not sure how long it will take though, I sent them regular mail.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember these??   Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 3:46 pm

Thanks smurry, I'll let you know when I get them. If its within Canada should be by the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember these??   Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 3:42 pm

kbullet wrote:
Thanks smurry, I'll let you know when I get them. If its within Canada should be by the end of the week.

"To dream.......the impossible dreeeammmmm!"

👍
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember these??   Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 7:21 pm

:lol: rottn
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember these??   Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 8:08 pm

rottnmom wrote:
kbullet wrote:

"To dream.......the impossible dreeeammmmm!"

👍

In my head you are a really good singer! 👍
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember these??   Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Nov 2010, 1:27 pm

I got them today! I don't have a chance yet to do some head modeling.. but I'll try and get it done today some time.

Thank you Smurry, you rock.
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember these??   Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Nov 2010, 8:42 pm

kbullet wrote:
I got them today! I don't have a chance yet to do some head modeling.. but I'll try and get it done today some time.

LOL Your very welcome that didn't take too long then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember these??   Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Nov 2010, 9:13 pm

smurry wrote:
kbullet wrote:

LOL Your very welcome that didn't take too long then. Very Happy

Not at all.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember these??   Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 9:44 am

Come on bullet....you've had since Friday to take some modeling shots. Where are they??? 😕
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember these??   Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 11:04 am

Dammit... Fine.. I'll do it now and post them in a few.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember these??   Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 11:09 am

The orange one...

Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 100_3810

The black sparkly one. If you look closely you can see my disdain for taking pics of myself

Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 100_3811

The other ones look the same as the orange one but different colours.. MP fave is the sparkly one.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember these??   Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 11:31 am

Not sure if the ones I sent have the little knobby things on them or not,the only thing those ever did
was try to eat my head LOL
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember these??   Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 11:31 am

OMG!! :lol: Love the tongue thingy going on!!!
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember these??   Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 10:27 pm

WHOOT!!! Yorkie, they were in my mailbox when I headed for work today!! Called the kid and she was some excited.....guess she didn't believe that they actually still exist AND they were coming from Kansas Giggle

Found out that not only had she been looking for them for herself, she also wanted to get one (no laughing now)......for her man.

Until a few years ago he had always had a ponytail. Then a bad car accident took his arm.......shoulder and all. Since then he's had to keep his hair short (along with all kinds of other adjustments) She is always trying to find things that will help him do the things he used to do. She knows he misses having his hair the way he used to, the beard he can manage, but getting his hair back and into an elastic is impossible. As he lost the shoulder along with the arm, he doesn't have as much dexterity with his prosthetic arm as someone who has a stump and shoulder to stabilize the arm. So she's hoping that if she has these for her hair, he may be able to use it to put his own hair back and then be able to get it into some sort of fastening.

She's thrilled that these might give him that much more independence......he hates asking her to do anything for him, yet he treats her like a queen and would do anything for her.

She has also promised you'll get to see one on her .......... as she gets up at 3:30 am for work, messing with her hair is not a top priority and work is not too thrilled with her head scarves .......having them will make things easier for her......and make the boss pleased too!

Here's a shot of her man.........making her one of the Inukshuks that he builds for her everywhere new that they visit. He's even built her one in their front yard (she has always loved them and what they signify). He does this all one handed......as well as cook incredible meals every day, and does more yard work than many two armed men. This on top of putting in a 10-12 hr work day.

Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 25022_386534560020_552350020_5324327_3237126_n

The one he built for her in their yard.......

Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 IMG_2167-1

Thanks again ever so much........if there's anything I can do or find for you don't hesitate to ask. Both I and them really appreciate you doing this.

Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember these??   Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 10:46 pm

rottn,you are more than welcome and if they work for him and they need more just
let me know and I will be happy to track down some more,they are not as plentiful as
they used to be,but I can still find a few. Sorry the colours were dull,but it is that or nothing

Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember these??   Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 1:08 am

rottnmom, he sure sounds like a keeper. I have never thought about it before, but I sure wish my husband built me Inukshuks everywhere we went! Your daughter sounds very lucky.

Now I need to think of something my husband can do that would be equivalent to the Inukshuk idea. He looks after my car, gasses it, cleans it, etc, but that is not quite as romantic as building Inukshuks, now is it?

kbulllet - If you look closely you can see my disdain for taking pics of myself kbullet you are so funny I bet your colleagues just love you to pieces.

I am fairly certain I have seen these hairclip things at Wal-Mart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember these??   Anybody remember these?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody remember these??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: