Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strange Turn Of Events ~ Warning Farm Talk

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Strange Turn Of Events ~ Warning Farm Talk Empty
PostSubject: Strange Turn Of Events ~ Warning Farm Talk   Strange Turn Of Events ~ Warning Farm Talk Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 1:03 am

This year haymaking started off badly with the huge amount of rain we had. The front portion of our hay field I was contemplating plowing and reseeding in May but I didn't want to invest the time money or energy to do so thinking it would be another drought year so I didn't. The hay that was cut weeks ago and was under water is total garbage and luckily it was from the portion of the field that's pretty much crap anyways. Bad thing is once you cut it you still have to bale it as it can't stay there in swaths.

We cut again last week because we had to finish knocking down the weeds again in the front part, this is hay I usually give away to my neighbor who picks it up, just to get rid of it because it's got the weeds in it and it's a pain in the ass to run over the field again...fuel costs and time, to pick the bales up with the stacker. Hubby's out baling when a person stops by to ask if he can purchase a few bales for his petting zoo. Hubs says yes, take them and the man knocks on my door with his travelling zoo in a trailer behind his truck. Soooo much cuteness ...rabbits, chickens (not so cute), miniature goats and sheep with babies and mini ponies and likely a few other species I missed because the baby goats were right at the back of the trailer and really were adorable. Anyways the zoo owner loves the hay off the field with no rain that I call crappy and bought them all, picked them up and they are gone...whoohoo.

Yesterday we baled the black garbage stuff, they literally are black and I advertised them an Kijiji for free. Believe it or not but people are actually picking the dam things up for non feed purposes. Lifes good...my email is busy from people wanting them and cleaning up my field. Smile

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Strange Turn Of Events ~ Warning Farm Talk   Strange Turn Of Events ~ Warning Farm Talk Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 2:52 pm

That would have been neat to see the traveling zoo.

What do people use the black garbage stuff for?
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Strange Turn Of Events ~ Warning Farm Talk   Strange Turn Of Events ~ Warning Farm Talk Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 1:32 am

I did enjoy the zoo. People use junk bales for covering septic tanks for the winter for insulation, backings for archery targets, building outdoor animal shelters for dogs and cats and for crash barriers for sports like auto racing and motocross. Come fall people will be looking for straw for dog houses also.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Strange Turn Of Events ~ Warning Farm Talk   Strange Turn Of Events ~ Warning Farm Talk Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 8:26 am

Hey pooper any idea what your traveling zoo guys name was?

Just curious if it was Johnathan
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Strange Turn Of Events ~ Warning Farm Talk   Strange Turn Of Events ~ Warning Farm Talk Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:45 am

yorkiemom wrote:
Hey pooper any idea what your traveling zoo guys name was?

Just curious if it was Johnathan

The zoo is called Chicken John's and his name is John Posthuma...is that your Johnathan?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange Turn Of Events ~ Warning Farm Talk   Strange Turn Of Events ~ Warning Farm Talk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange Turn Of Events ~ Warning Farm Talk
Page 1 of 1