Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

would you call CAS??

Go down 
+13
Unhingedmom
rottnmom
HoodieCrow
yorkiemom
SillyStorm
Mousey
Kewl Chick
kbullet
BigBrownEyes29
Snitty
RedyreRotties
Boston
mcpug
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

would you call CAS?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: would you call CAS??   would you call CAS?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 11:51 am

Well I just talked to the owner of the house and they are being evicted, apparently they have not paid rent for months and months.

Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: would you call CAS??   would you call CAS?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 12:08 pm

mcpug wrote:
Well I just talked to the owner of the house and they are being evicted, apparently they have not paid rent for months and months.

Hopefully when they move, they move next to people who care like you did.. otherwise I fear for that child's life.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: would you call CAS??   would you call CAS?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 2:32 pm

since you made the initial call,I am thinking you might want to inform CAS about the impending move
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: would you call CAS??   would you call CAS?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 9:03 am

mcpug wrote:

But decided to get a dog, go figure :roll:
Back to top Go down
MikaKeara
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
MikaKeara

PostSubject: Re: would you call CAS??   would you call CAS?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 9:30 am

I would of 10000% have called CAS..

My niece is 2, and we would never EVER leave her alone. My sister still has the monitor and if she's up, my sister gets up. I think thats the only thing that should be done, if you cant be responsible for a 2 year old, what the hell are they going to do when she's a little older? At 2, they are still babies for crying out loud. Knocking on the door to get in? Honnestly if my 2 year old would not be outside without me.. If I was in, then so would the baby.

I could see it happening once, but mulptiple times?

These people dont deserve to be parents. Maybe some mental issues that need to be adressed and cared for. Your did the right thing calling CAS, hopefully they will get the help they need.
Back to top Go down
Twisted_Angel
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Twisted_Angel

PostSubject: Re: would you call CAS??   would you call CAS?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 10:21 am

This story really frightened me....kudos to you for making the decision to call CAS. As I read this I pictured my niece Grace who will be 2 in a little over a month.....the thought of her wandering the street, naked or otherwise, sent a wash of panic through me....and that would be the day she would be left outside alone and unsupervised....she is rarely even left alone in the child proofed & gated living room because no matter how much you child proof, they will always find something to get into. Hopefully something is done about this...and fast. Sad
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: would you call CAS??   would you call CAS?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Aug 2010, 5:51 am

mcpug wrote:
I have NEVER called CAS on someone before but I am strongly thinking about it

Let me tell the story in point form so I don't get carried away....

- About 8 months ago a new neighbor moved in next store, the two houses to the left of min are both rentals owned by the same person.

- They very much keep to themselves and we really don't have any contact with them

- its a couple with a 2 year old girl, they both also have older children who visit every other weekend.

- The 2 year old has escaped the house at least 4 times, twice she knocked on my door asking for her mother, once she was across the street and an elderly neighbor brought her to our door because he didn't know who she was... Twice she got out at 10pm or later and she is always either naked or only in a diaper.

- She is always outside alone, again either naked or in a diaper. I have seen her standing on their shed, on their air conditioner, screaming to get inside and nobody comes to the door ect ect. The yard is fenced so she can't get out but she is out there for hours and hours with nobody else in sight.

- They just got a dog 2 weeks ago off kijiji (a big black dog not sure what it is) ,I had a brief conversation with her about it because she asked to borrow a leash, she told me the dog was an X service dog...... well yesterday the little girl was at the fence with my kids (my kids were blowing bubbles to her through the fence) my husband reached over the fence to pet the dog and it bit him (not hard but he pulled away and it got his pinky finger).

- So now this little girl is alone in the backyard with this dog all the time and it makes me SO nervous, just now she had this giant ball and kept hitting the dog with it, the dog kept moving away, but she kept on going. No supervision what so ever.

Should I call?

This post was a couple of weeks ago and I am just now reading this story, but I have to respond.

YES McPug, you made the right choice to call CAS. It was the only choice. I was very relieved to read that you made that call! Do not ever second guess that you made the right decision in a situation like that. I can understand where some people might not want to make that phone call. Sometimes they fear retaliation if the parents found out who made the phone call to CAS or the police. They also don't want it on their conscience if the children are taken away from biological family. I could live with myself for making a call to help children to be free of neglect, but I could never forgive myself if something happened to a child, knowing I may have saved their life but chose not to get involved.

Those people do not deserve to have that child at this point and time because they do not know how to properly care for a child. I may have taken the child back to their house the first time if I didn't sense any harm or neglect, but I guarantee I would not have returned her the second time. I also would not have observed her time and time again, hour after hour alone in the yard, with or without a dog. (The part about the dog is a whole other part itself). I would have been on the phone to CAS immediately, no question about that. That is bad parenting and that is neglect!! A child of that age is NEVER left alone, except when sleeping in their own room in their own bed. When your child is awake and up, you are awake and up. If you need a nap, you nap when your child naps. If your child is outside playing, you are outside with them 100% of the time. That's how it works.

There are baby gates and even alarmed ones that prevent your child from exiting a room without your knowledge. There are also hundreds of different kinds of exterior door locks to prevent your child from opening the door, let alone being able to get out the door. And a child's door, regardless of age, should NEVER have a lock on it, especially from the outside. If there was a fire, chances are a child would never make it out alive. There is not one reason any child should ever have a lock on their door. NEVER!

There are many horror stories of children in similar situations as this little girl you have described. It's not about a child being an escape artist. It is about the parent(s) not doing their job. Too often leaving the child alone in the house while they are in their own bedroom passed out or sleeping. The child is alone and lonely and that door and the huge world looks mighty inviting and they have to explore. Maybe they'll find someone next door or down the street who will give them the attention their parents don't seem to have. I've heard it all and it sickens me.

Thank you for making that phone call and again, don't ever second guess your decision.
Now lets just hope CAS gets these parents some help they desperately need and the kids are now in a safe and loving home!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: would you call CAS??   would you call CAS?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

would you call CAS??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2