Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'

Go down 
+5
HoodieCrow
yorkiemom
Mousey
kbullet
ivegotfleas1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Empty
PostSubject: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 11:08 am

Not even sure what to say......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-10725024

A beer served in bottles made from stuffed animals has been criticised as "perverse" and "pushing the boundaries of acceptability".

The End of History, made by BrewDog of Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire, is 55% and £500 a bottle.

The bottles have been made using seven dead stoats, four squirrels and a hare, said to have died of natural causes.

However, Advocates for Animals and Alcohol Focus Scotland both condemned the marketing.

BrewDog claims the beer is the world's strongest and most expensive.

Its co-founder James Watt said: "We want to show people there is an alternative to monolithic corporate beers, introduce them to a completely new approach to beer and elevate the status of beer in our culture."

Advocates for Animals policy director Libby Anderson told the BBC Scotland news website: "It's pointless and it's very negative to use dead animals when we should be celebrating live animals.

"This seems to be a perverse idea.

"It's just bad thinking about animals, people should learn to respect them, rather than using them for some stupid marketing gimmick."

She added: "I think the public would not waste £500 on something so gruesome and just ignore it."

Barbara O'Donnell, director of services at Alcohol Focus Scotland, said: "This is another example of this company pushing the boundaries of acceptability all in the pursuit of cheap marketing tactics."

Controversial BrewDog has previously been criticised for 32% and 41% strength beers.

Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 11:31 am

So you spend that much money on a bottle that you are going to pour your beer out of as you won't be drinking directly from the bottle as thats gross. What a screwy concept and completely disrespectful to these animals that have died.... It would be like taking your Uncle Fred and turning him into a puppet for entertainment purposes.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 11:52 am

What's a stoat?
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 11:54 am

some kind of an ermine I think and the whole concept is disgusting to me
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 11:55 am

While I don't personally agree with this... how is it any different/'perverse' than wearing a fur coat or taxidermy??
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 11:57 am

I don't have a fur coat and taxidermy I find disgusting,although I do own several leather purses
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 11:59 am

yorkiemom wrote:
I don't have a fur coat and taxidermy I find disgusting,although I do own several leather purses

It wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just the media hype.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 12:41 pm

Did anyone look at the picture in the link? It's kinda creepy thinking of drinking from one of those.

Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' _48446989_brewdog_end_of_history_464
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 12:46 pm

I make a lot of things out of dead animals and I do dabble in taxidermy. I don't find it disgusting at all...I rather like them, they look well done and I would collect one. I don't kill any healthy animals but bugs and see nothing wrong with using natural materials for artistic and functional purposes that would otherwise rot. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 12:49 pm

pooperscooper wrote:
I make a lot of things out of dead animals and I do dabble in taxidermy. I don't find it disgusting at all...I rather like them, they look well done and I would collect one. I don't kill any healthy animals but bugs and see nothing wrong with using natural materials for artistic and functional purposes that would otherwise rot. Smile Smile Smile

off topic. I may ship you out a skull... for painting.

I agree with Pooper....

THe animal is already dead and it is recycling in a sense. Do I think that these critters should be killed just for the sake of this art. No.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 12:50 pm

ivegotfleas1 wrote:
Did anyone look at the picture in the link? It's kinda creepy thinking of drinking from one of those.

Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' _48446989_brewdog_end_of_history_464

Creepier than wearing this?

Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Best_stone_martin_scarf_greg

Or stepping on this:

Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Crocodile-rug

Or looking at this every time you walk into your den?

Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Calebs_doe
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 12:53 pm

I wouldn't have any of those things in my home. No kiss the squirrel beer either, but to each their own.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 12:57 pm

pooperscooper wrote:

Exactly. I collect parts of dead things (skulls/bones) and see nothing wrong with taxidermy on animals that have been killed by natural causes. Within reason, of course... I personally prefer if the bodies are used as educational aides in museums and nature centers, and mounted tastefully. Parts in art and function are also fine with me, as long as the creature is already deceased.

I don't like head mounts or rugs, personally... usually because I know these animals have been killed as trophies.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 12:58 pm

ivegotfleas1 wrote:
I wouldn't have any of those things in my home. No kiss the squirrel beer either, but to each their own.

:lol:

Nor I.

I just think it's kind of strange that the media is so worked up over this, and there are things just as 'shocking' going on all over the place and have been for centuries.
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 1:03 pm

Ummmmmm, how many animals can they find, in suitable condition, that died of "natural causes"?
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 1:05 pm

UnhingedMom wrote:
Ummmmmm, how many animals can they find, in suitable condition, that died of "natural causes"?

I wonder this too. Hopefully they'd be required to provide proof.

Then again, I can't really see this taking off on any great scale. Razz
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 1:40 pm

Me either at 500 british pounds per beer that's aproximately $1,025.00 Canadian. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 3:03 pm

kbullet wrote:
So you spend that much money on a bottle that you are going to pour your beer out of as you won't be drinking directly from the bottle as thats gross. What a screwy concept and completely disrespectful to these animals that have died.... It would be like taking your Uncle Fred and turning him into a puppet for entertainment purposes.

I don't have an uncle Fred.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 3:04 pm

ivegotfleas1 wrote:

That would so freak me out, even more so after I was drunk and thinking some critter was after my beer Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'   Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dead animal beer bottles at £500 each 'perverse'
Page 1 of 1