Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Little Dog Survives 4 weeks in BC Forest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Little Dog Survives 4 weeks in BC Forest Empty
PostSubject: Little Dog Survives 4 weeks in BC Forest   Little Dog Survives 4 weeks in BC Forest Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010, 9:20 am

The article can be read here:
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/100720/canada/canada_britishcolumbia_bc_missing_dog_back_home

I am amazed, Honey is one lucky dog!!
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Little Dog Survives 4 weeks in BC Forest   Little Dog Survives 4 weeks in BC Forest Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010, 9:59 am

That is one very lucky dog.

posted the story to the link below:

Tue Jul 20, 11:59 PM

A dachshund from West Vancouver, B.C., is lucky to be alive after spending four weeks lost in the woods.
ADVERTISEMENT

Denise Beirnes's dog, Honey, went missing while walking off-leash on a trail near the Capilano River in June.

"I looked around [and] Honey was gone, and I immediately called him and called him and called him and it was just in a matter of seconds, really."

Beirnes made 50 posters, which she put up around the North Shore, offering a $1,000 reward for Honey's return. She also enlisted the help of friends and other dog walkers, who scoured the woods for Honey.

After several weeks, Beirnes started to lose hope, fearing Honey could have been carried down the river or attacked by a predator.

"I just thought, 'He's gone' and I really have to accept this no matter how devastated I was because it just would have kept going on and on for me," Beirnes recalled.

But four weeks later, Beirnes received a phone call telling her Honey had been found in a ravine near the Capilano River.

"I immediately went into shock. I couldn't believe it, I just couldn't believe it," she said.

"He was so weak and he was so skinny and I picked him up and he just looked at me and gave me this little weak look, which was all he could do."

Beirnes said the fact that Honey, who has heart problems and needs medication, survived is a miracle: "I took him to the vet and they said there's no reason he should have survived."

Honey is slowly recovering from his adventure.

He sleeps more than usual, Beirnes said, and is also starting to put on some of the weight he lost while being stranded in the woods for four weeks.

Beirnes said she never got the chance to properly thank the people who found Honey because she was in shock. She's hoping they'll contact her so she can express her gratitude.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Little Dog Survives 4 weeks in BC Forest   Little Dog Survives 4 weeks in BC Forest Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010, 10:37 am

That's really something that he survived... cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Dog Survives 4 weeks in BC Forest   Little Dog Survives 4 weeks in BC Forest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little Dog Survives 4 weeks in BC Forest
Page 1 of 1