Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Facebook HEADS UP !!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Facebook HEADS UP !!! Empty
PostSubject: Facebook HEADS UP !!!   Facebook HEADS UP !!! Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 5:21 am

Just found this note this morning and wanted to let you all know............just as it was sent to me.

"Your Private PHONE NUMBERS ARE NOW ON FACEBOOK!! Go to the top right of your screen, click Account then Edit Friends. Go to the left side of your screen and click Phonebook. Everyone's phone numbers are now being published. Please repost to let your friends know this is happening so they can remove their phone numbers!!! Do this by changing your privacy settings. Privacy Settings, Phone, Customize, Only me! "

I was horrified to see the phone numbers of everyone on my list (mine included) and don't think any of them realize this. Have posted the same warning on my FB for all of them to see. Please follow the instructions and post as well!!
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Facebook HEADS UP !!!   Facebook HEADS UP !!! Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 7:31 am

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Facebook HEADS UP !!!   Facebook HEADS UP !!! Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:17 am

How are they getting these phone numbers? Are people posting them in their profile prior to this security breach happening?
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Facebook HEADS UP !!!   Facebook HEADS UP !!! Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:50 am

People are posting their private numbers on facebook so that their friends can see them... which is why there is this issue.. If you just don't post it, ever, you'll never have to worry.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Facebook HEADS UP !!!   Facebook HEADS UP !!! Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:57 am

kbullet wrote:
People are posting their private numbers on facebook so that their friends can see them... which is why there is this issue.. If you just don't post it, ever, you'll never have to worry.

FB is nice post things for friends and family to see, but I just don't get why people would post things like their address, phone number when they could easily just email that information to someone if they wanted them to have it upon request. I never trusted FB's security as you always have to check your settings to make sure their admins didn't fuck it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Facebook HEADS UP !!!   Facebook HEADS UP !!! Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 1:14 pm

My phone number is in the phonebook. I checked my FB and only one person's number was there.
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Facebook HEADS UP !!!   Facebook HEADS UP !!! Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 9:33 pm

facebook has had the "phone book" for quite some time now actually. If you list your number on your profile and under settings have it set for "only friends" then only friends will see it and will be put into "your facebook phone book" . If you do not set the security setting to what you want it to then it will be visible to all that visits your profile. However the phone book thingy is for whom ever is on your friends list that have their phone number visible to friends (or all).

(hopefully I made sense there if not, blame the cold meds as I am currently STILL on them lol)

Best advice to give about facebook is check your settings at least once a week, as facebook is a networking site in which it changes as often as one changes their underwear!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facebook HEADS UP !!!   Facebook HEADS UP !!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Facebook HEADS UP !!!
Page 1 of 1