Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Someone wake me from this nightmare!

Go down 
+6
SillyStorm
Bernermom
yorkiemom
BigBrownEyes29
Mini
smurry
10 posters
AuthorMessage
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

Someone wake me from this nightmare! Empty
PostSubject: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 1:12 am

Hubby lost his job today, WOW thought it couldn't possibly get worse, I am trying my best to be optimistic but it's one thing after another after another.
tantrum
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 1:13 am

smurry wrote:
Hubby lost his job today, WOW thought it couldn't possibly get worse, I am trying my best to be optimistic but it's one thing after another after another.
tantrum

oh my goodness sorry to hear about that smurry.. Is there any hopes of something else...... sometimes a better job will pop up
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 1:18 am

Mini wrote:
smurry wrote:
tantrum

oh my goodness sorry to hear about that smurry.. Is there any hopes of something else...... sometimes a better job will pop up

We thought this was the better job, hubby changed careers to get out of self employment was going to be a mechanic, his boss said he wasn't learning fast enough. He doesn't give up he'll find something I just hope it's real soon as we have rent to pay the 1st of Aug.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 1:24 am

I hope good things come your way... they have to...

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I know it is scary. But one thing I always say.. is you have your health and your family. Things will work out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 8:10 am

OMG that's terrible smurry. I know if he goes to a temp agency he can get work right away till he finds something else.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 9:05 am

Sorry to hear about your husband's job. I know I've asked this before, but have you considered moving out of the province or to a different town / city in your province where there appears to be hiring happening? It could just be for a few years until you and your husband can get financially comfortable.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 9:33 am

Smurry how awful for you guys,surely things have to get better for you very soon
Back to top Go down
Bernermom
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bernermom

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 9:59 am

oh no I'm so soory for you guys...
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 10:51 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Sorry to hear about your husband's job. I know I've asked this before, but have you considered moving out of the province or to a different town / city in your province where there appears to be hiring happening? It could just be for a few years until you and your husband can get financially comfortable.

I've thought about it but my parents have done so much for us and continue to do so much that I think it would kill my mom not to be able to see her grandkids, we spend so much time with them and my mom doesn't drive so she's basically alone all week while my dad works and she thanks me often for taking her out shopping and such because she doesn't see anyone else.

But it is in the back of our minds if it truly doesn't work out here we will have to move somewhere else.

Everything is hitting me like a ton of bricks, I thought we were going to come out of this debt free but that isn't the case anymore we will still have debt we will have to consolidate after the money gets distributed to everyone. I wanted to settle on my credit cards but that won't happen now because they made a claim against us and are going to put a lien on the house I intervened with a lawyer but he said as soon as they try to put a lien on the house they will see it is being sold and will not accept anything less than what we owe. Once they are paid there will be no money left.

When it rains it pours, and it's been raining a lot this summer!
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 12:33 pm

Are you in the city now.. or still where you were

Jamn made a good point about agencies as well.. Sending good vibes your way.... hopefully he finds a job soon. Not too sure about the market there and I do understand about moving away from family. They can be your strongest support network.
Back to top Go down
SillyStorm
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 1:14 pm

Smurry I'm so sorry things are going this way for you guys BUT that said sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask for a little help from social services if need be temporarily I mean. Think about it and maybe consider it a 'hand up' instead of a 'hand out' afterall that is excately what I consider it available for 'struggling families' as a temporary measure and it certainly applies for your situation.

Please don't shoot me for suggesting it I'm just trying to think of a way to help you through this situation so you can make the bills and put a little food in the cupboards too.

Also check into the 'service canada' (used to be called employment services offices) for some job listings/postings and sometimes they also offer paid training courses where hubby would be paid to learn a trade ... although I'm not sure whether or not they offer anything mechanical related it's certainly worth a try.

Last but not least I wish you strengh and patience to get through these 'rough patches' together and in tact. Realise that despite all these recent 'bumps in the road' you've still got each other and will with time bounce back. Good luck girl and try to keep laughter in your heart as it'll really help through the rough times.

Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 4:45 pm

Smurry I so feel for you right now. While hubby was our stay at home dad I worked full time to support the family. It was hand to mouth at the best of times until I discovered I had been working on a broken leg and ended up out of work for 11 months, recuperating from the break, then undergoing surgery to transplant a tendon and rebuild my foot. As SS mentioned, approach social services......I know without them we would never had made it. It wasn't easy or pleasant, but we got through. I soon learned it wasn't the end of the world, we had each other and that's what counted most. Don't be afraid or ashamed to reach out.........always remember that down the road you can 'pay it forward' when someone else needs a hand. In the meantime let us be your outlet to vent or friendly shoulder when you need it. (((HUGS)))
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 12:01 am

Hi Smurry

That really sucks, I am so sorry to hear about this run of bad luck. I would certainly be heading down to social services or the food bank if need be - that is what it is there for. I hope you guys can find some great jobs - maybe hubby getting fired was a blessing in disguise and next week he finds his dream job! You never know, it may all work itself out for the best Smurry.
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:25 am

Mini wrote:
Are you in the city now.. or still where you were

Jamn made a good point about agencies as well.. Sending good vibes your way.... hopefully he finds a job soon. Not too sure about the market there and I do understand about moving away from family. They can be your strongest support network.

We are in the process of moving back into the city, my dad gave my hubby some work yesterday and today to help us through, hubby has also been applying at places during the day, he's going to a few more today, he applied for many online the other night but so far no one has called back. I hope it doesn't take him long to find something it's very scary when 2 little ones depend on you. I'll see if we can get some help from social services and in the meantime I am trying to pick up extra shifts.

Thank you for the kind words, I so don't like being the complainer I just feel so lost right now I've been crying so much lately, my kids don't understand and when my husband came home the other day with the bad news he broke down, my son didn't like to see daddy cry, it doesn't happen very often, he feels so bad about it all and we just didn't see this coming. I don't have a lot of friends to turn to which is why this is one of the only ways to let it all out.
I'm sorry I'm such a downer on this forum but I thank you for the kind words it means a lot to me.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:49 am

Smurry,

I am so sorry for all that you are going through!! It is nice that your Dad is trying to help. I don't think you are a complainer or a downer. Keep your head up and don't give up...everything will eventually come together!

Someone wake me from this nightmare! 488766 There is light at the end of the tunnel...and it is NOT a train!!!
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:56 am

Don't ever feel like you are a downer on this forum.. We are all friends and see each other through everything. Please feel free to vent, cry, rage, or when it gets happy again, brag about what goes on in your life.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:59 am

kbullet wrote:
Don't ever feel like you are a downer on this forum.. We are all friends and see each other through everything. Please feel free to vent, cry, rage, or when it gets happy again, brag about what goes on in your life.

+1

Hang in there Smurry, it might not feel like it now but things will get better.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 11:04 am

kbullet wrote:

+2 We all need support and people to share the good and the bad with. As it says under the banner "A place to relax, kick back and talk about all the
little things in life. Positive or negative."
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:30 pm

hope things get better soon Smurry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone wake me from this nightmare!   Someone wake me from this nightmare! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Someone wake me from this nightmare!
Page 1 of 1