Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shelter Pet of the Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Shelter Pet of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 1:50 pm

I thought this would be neat to have since we don't have one for the pet forum section. What makes KibblesNBits better than other pet forums, is ours is not specific to dogs and cats. If you know of a cat, dog, horse, guinea pig, rat, mouse, etc... Any pet in need of a home, post a picture (if available) of the pet here along with the shelter / rescue contact information.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 1:55 pm

I've noticed this guy has been at the shelter for some time now. Even saw him at the shelter and he has the sweetest temperament.

Breed: Terrier, American Pit Bull/Mix
Sex: Male
Color: White

Note: This guy is grandfathered prior to the Pitbull ban and can be adopted out in Ontario.

More details with contact information in the link below:

http://www.petango.com/webservices/adoptablesearch/wsAdoptableAnimalDetails.aspx?id=10139464&css=http://test.petpoint.com/WebServices/adoptablesearch/css/styles.css
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 2:00 pm

I dunno why I do this but I was on pet-finder yesterday and Hank stole a piece of my heart. He is located in Stoney Creek and is currently being boarded and they are urgently seeking a foster home for him.

More info can be found in the following link:

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16462386
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 2:04 pm

Wanted to add, this is not only for shelter and rescue pets. If you know of anyone in a bad situation that has to rehome their pet, please post on here if you feel comfortable doing so.

Kewl Chick, he's a beautiful dog. I hope he finds a permanent home soon.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 2:08 pm

K here is the next one that I wanted to run out and rescue. Patience is located in Mississauga, ON and clearly needs some tender loving care. No dog should have to spend this long being without a home. She really made me sad and I have a soft spot for senior dogs. If my home wasn't overcrowded already she would be mine... Sad

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16008875
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 3:09 pm

I want the pitbull he is so cute.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16697144
Shelter Pet of the Day ON345.16697144-1-pn
This dog is in the St. Thomas Pound. The pound staff have her listed as a Shepherd/Pointer. But she is a Kelpie or a Cattledog. She is bright and friendly, a beautiful dog. But do NOT adopt a Kelpie without knowing the breed. They are high energy. They will herd and nip children, are incredibly smart, and need daily exercise. PLEASE do not adopt this dog unless you are committed to training and a sport such as agility.

This pound does not provide vet care. Please make sure you can afford heartworm test, spay and vaccines before you adopt.

To meet this dog, call the pound staff during their work hours at 519-631-7430.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 4:01 pm

Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 12:30 pm

I want a guinea...but the hubby says no more animals
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 1:25 pm

kbullet wrote:
I want a guinea...but the hubby says no more animals

I say if you have the room, then adopt her. Just tell the hubby that someone left her on your doorstep. :lol:

I wouldn't mind a guinea pig, but it the cats (the 3 younger ones mainly) that worry me about having any small animal (hamster, bird, guinea pig, etc..) in the house.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 4:59 pm

here is the pug from lakeshore

http://www.pugalug.com/aiden.html
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 8:55 pm

mcpug wrote:
here is the pug from lakeshore

http://www.pugalug.com/aiden.html

I am in love with Sebastian... why is he not up for adoption?
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 1:12 pm

They wait until they are 100% ready to go, looks like Sebastian still has a few pounds to loose LOL (which is pretty typical)

He is very cute though........

Pugs are like fine wine, they get better (and cutter) with age.

I think Betty is (was sadly she has passed away) the cutest pug on earth, she came into rescue at age 14 and was adopted by her foster mom and then passed away soon after. But MY GOD look at the face!!

Can you believe someone would give her up???
http://www.pugalug.com/betty.html
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 4:26 pm

She is adorable.

I am attempting to convince my husband to agree to a pug. My friend works at a vet clinic in Calgary and says they are plagued with problems... but thats really every breed.

I am also in love with Toffee...
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 6:15 pm

Capone

Shelter Pet of the Day ON44.16661602-1-pn

Capone is located in Toronto. He is new to CCRT. We are evaluating his temperament at at this time. for more information please visit our website www.ccrt.net

CAPONE is up-to-date with routine shots and spayed/neutered.

Sunshine

Shelter Pet of the Day ON245.16682687-1-pn

My favourite breed of bird Conures. Especially the Sun Conures.

Sunshine, a beautiful Sun Conure, was recently surrendered along with his best friend, a Goffin's Cockatoo named Snow. Sunshine and Snow came from a very devoted family who were devastated to have to surrender them. They are in excellent health and feather and can be handled by just about anyone. They must be adopted together. The only caveat is that both species are known for being quite loud, so they would not be suitable for someone in an apartment. Above is a generic photo of a Sun Conure. Please note that we cannot adopt to homes outside of Ontario.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16682687

Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 6:22 pm

kbullet wrote:
She is adorable.

I am attempting to convince my husband to agree to a pug. My friend works at a vet clinic in Calgary and says they are plagued with problems... but thats really every breed.

I am also in love with Toffee...

They do have lots of problems but its really their only downfall.

They are hilarious to live with, they love everybody (in general) they are just clowns.
Very easy keepers accept for the vet bills.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 4:42 pm

Daffy is approximately 5 years old. We do not have much background on this boy as he was picked up as a stray. He is a little shy at first but friendly once he gets to know his people. He will be a great addition to the right family. We have neutered and done Daffy dentistry.

Daffy is up-to-date with routine shots and spayed/neutered.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16625769

Shelter Pet of the Day ON209.16625769-1-pn
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 4:45 pm

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 1:30 am

Breed: Terrier, Yorkshire/Mix
Sex: Male
Color: Tan/Black
Housetrained: Yes
Site: Windsor-Essex County Humane Society

Shelter Pet of the Day Fc58c5a5-5b03-4c7e-b87e-46d7ce3fed99

http://www.petango.com/webservices/adoptablesearch/wsAdoptableAnimalDetails.aspx?id=10950414&css=http://test.petpoint.com/WebServices/adoptablesearch/css/styles.css
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 1:33 am

Hello. My name is Leila. I'm a 2 year old female Shepherd mix. I am searching for my forever family, is that maybe you? You think it may be! Let me ask you a couple of quick questions to make sure. Are you looking for a girl who knows lots of obedience commands? Well that's me! I know the commands sit, down, give a paw, and roll over (for belly rubs). I obey consistently and I am eager to please! Are you looking for a girl who enjoys playing? I especially love tennis balls! I am playful when I want to be. I don't like to be forced to play with toys, but sometimes after some gentle coaxing I can't resist and join in the fun! I can be vocal when excited, however for the most part I am quiet when left alone. I am a happy girl, full of personality! I would be happy in a home with respectful children of any age. I'd love to go to a home with a yard that way I have a place that I can play or relax in. I am here to bring a little sunshine into one special family's lives! So if you think that could be you come in and visit with me today!

Breed: Shepherd/Mix
Sex: Female
Color: Black/Tan

Shelter Pet of the Day 0d90e862-39bc-48de-91bd-31eda8db4b24

http://www.petango.com/webservices/adoptablesearch/wsAdoptableAnimalDetails.aspx?id=10931263&css=http://test.petpoint.com/WebServices/adoptablesearch/css/styles.css
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 10:31 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Hello. My name is Leila. I'm a 2 year old female Shepherd mix. I am searching for my forever family, is that maybe you? You think it may be! Let me ask you a couple of quick questions to make sure. Are you looking for a girl who knows lots of obedience commands? Well that's me! I know the commands sit, down, give a paw, and roll over (for belly rubs). I obey consistently and I am eager to please! Are you looking for a girl who enjoys playing? I especially love tennis balls! I am playful when I want to be. I don't like to be forced to play with toys, but sometimes after some gentle coaxing I can't resist and join in the fun! I can be vocal when excited, however for the most part I am quiet when left alone. I am a happy girl, full of personality! I would be happy in a home with respectful children of any age. I'd love to go to a home with a yard that way I have a place that I can play or relax in. I am here to bring a little sunshine into one special family's lives! So if you think that could be you come in and visit with me today!

Breed: Shepherd/Mix
Sex: Female
Color: Black/Tan

Shelter Pet of the Day 0d90e862-39bc-48de-91bd-31eda8db4b24

http://www.petango.com/webservices/adoptablesearch/wsAdoptableAnimalDetails.aspx?id=10931263&css=http://test.petpoint.com/WebServices/adoptablesearch/css/styles.css

The video of her playing so friggin cute. I loved the little back dance she was doing.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 2:25 pm

Shelter Pet of the Day ON345.16815730-1-pn

POUND ID#143

Asker is a young female black lab. She is in the St. Thomas City Pound. She is less than 2 years old, seems friendly, and is very bored in the pound. She is not spayed or had vaccines, and not heartworm tested. She is an owner surrendered dog, as they could not afford to keep her. She is very strong and ambitiuous, would be a great dog for anyone who appreciates the black lab breed.

To meet this dog, call the pound staff during their work hours at 519-631-7430.

If you are interested in fostering this dog or any pound dog, contact allbreedcaninerescue@sympatico,ca
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 2:27 pm

Shelter Pet of the Day ON59.16588956-2-pn

Belle is a lovely German Shepherd cross. She is on the smaller size about 18-20 kg. She is a loving dog and loves to be with her people. She came to us abandoned, starving and about to give birth. Now that she is healthy, happy and with her puppies long gone it is time to get Belle her forever home. Belle needs to be in a family that has people home a lot. She misses her family when gone for several hours she will start to cry for them. She is a very good girl and is happiest with lots of people around her to give her love and for her to give love back. She is currently in a house with teenagers and is loving every minute of the hustle and bustle of people coming and going all the time. If your the family for Belle, Please send in a bio on your family, home, type of yard you have, number of hours she will be left alone and how you will include her in your life. NOTE: Please send in any questions you my have about Belle with your Bio. No Phone calls Please! Thank you !

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16588956
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 3:45 pm

kbullet wrote:

The video of her playing so friggin cute. I loved the little back dance she was doing.

I didn't see her video yet, but she is a cutie. She has like coyote type look to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shelter Pet of the Day   Shelter Pet of the Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shelter Pet of the Day
Page 1 of 1