Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is / are your favourite book(s)?

Go down 
+6
MikaKeara
HoodieCrow
Mousey
pooperscooper
Snitty
BigBrownEyes29
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

What is / are your favourite book(s)? Empty
PostSubject: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 11:38 am

Without giving away all the juicy details, just a brief summary on what the book(s) is / are about?
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 4:06 pm

I thinks someone is bored today :lol:

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 4:10 pm

Snitty wrote:
I thinks someone is bored today :lol:

:lol: Is that a good book. :lol:

Yes, I'm dragging my work out here and counting down the next two days before I get a 5 day long weekend. Smile Still trying to think of a favourite book or at least one that I really liked.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010, 4:13 pm

One of my favourite books is based on a true story. It's about a Canadian soldier who warned the world about genocide taking place in a country in Africa. No one believed him and the government sad on their butts, but he was persistent.

ETA: Title of book: "Shake Hands with the Devil"

Last edited by BigBrownEyes29 on Tue 29 Jun 2010, 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 12:37 am

One of my favs is a series of 4 friggin huge books 1000 plus pages about time travelling, romance, sex and Scotland. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 7:02 am

Umm Titles please?? i have always enjoyed Catcher in the Rye. and anything written by Stephen King!!
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 8:29 am

pooperscooper wrote:
One of my favs is a series of 4 friggin huge books 1000 plus pages about time travelling, romance, sex and Scotland. Smile Smile Smile

Outlander? ;)
Back to top Go down
MikaKeara
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
MikaKeara

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 10:38 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
One of my favourite books is based on a true story. It's about a Canadian soldier who warned the world about genocide taking place in a country in Africa. No one believed him and the government sad on their butts, but he was persistent.

I had to read this in fench for university, and I think the french aspect of it turned me off.. lol. Way too difficult to read, but I hear it is excellent!
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 10:45 am

MikaKeara wrote:
BigBrownEyes29 wrote:

I had to read this in fench for university, and I think the french aspect of it turned me off.. lol. Way too difficult to read, but I hear it is excellent!

The English aspect was good, not fluent in French but if I was would be interesting to read. Also saw the movie, but like all movies they are never as good as the book version.
Back to top Go down
tootles
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
tootles

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 10:46 am

Green Eggs and Ham What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_study

What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_redface can you tell i'm a mom!?
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 11:36 am

tootles wrote:
Green Eggs and Ham What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_study

What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_redface can you tell i'm a mom!?

Didn't you read before the kids came along?
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 11:50 am

My fave reads are K and B forum, Steelerfury forum, and ESPN forum. Shocked

I used to read a lot of Stephen King and Dean Koontz before the internets.
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 11:57 am

ivegotfleas1 wrote:
My fave reads are K and B forum, Steelerfury forum, and ESPN forum. Shocked

I used to read a lot of Stephen King and Dean Koontz before the internets.

oohhhh I like Dean Koontz too.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 12:32 pm

HoodieCrow wrote:
pooperscooper wrote:

Outlander? ;)

Yup, great reads. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 12:34 pm

The Thornbirds is an oldie but a goodie. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 12:58 pm

pooperscooper wrote:
HoodieCrow wrote:
pooperscooper wrote:

Outlander? ;)

I've only been through the first. I'll eventually get to the others. :lol:
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jun 2010, 1:12 am

HoodieCrow wrote:
pooperscooper wrote:
HoodieCrow wrote:
pooperscooper wrote:

Outlander? ;)

I've only been through the first. I'll eventually get to the others. :lol:

K I won't ruin it for you...good series though and now there's more. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jun 2010, 10:05 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:

That one's on my wish list. Why is it my husband NEVER reads over my shoulder when I'm reviewing my online book wish list near my birthday or Christmas?

I don't really have a "favourite" book, my favourite is usually the one I'm reading at the moment. Right now it's "The Passage" by Justin Cronin. Pretty good up until about halfway. I've invested this much time (really long book!) so now I'm hoping the last half redeems itself and gets better.

Next up is "Pride And Prejudice And Zombies" & "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" by Seth Grahame-Smith, just because the titles are funny.
Back to top Go down
Trinnity
Trinnity

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jun 2010, 2:10 pm

I haven't even finished the book yet and I'm in love with Neil Gaiman's, American Gods.

Quote :
Shadow is a man with a past. But now he wants nothing more than to live a quiet life with his wife and stay out of trouble. Until he learns that she's been killed in a terrible accident.
Flying home for the funeral, as a violent storm rocks the plane, a strange man in the seat next to him introduces himself. The man calls himself Mr. Wednesday, and he knows more about Shadow than is possible.
He warns Shadow that a far bigger storm is coming. And from that moment on, nothing will ever he the same...

Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jun 2010, 11:39 pm

Trinnity wrote:
I haven't even finished the book yet and I'm in love with Neil Gaiman's, American Gods.

Quote :
Shadow is a man with a past. But now he wants nothing more than to live a quiet life with his wife and stay out of trouble. Until he learns that she's been killed in a terrible accident.
Flying home for the funeral, as a violent storm rocks the plane, a strange man in the seat next to him introduces himself. The man calls himself Mr. Wednesday, and he knows more about Shadow than is possible.
He warns Shadow that a far bigger storm is coming. And from that moment on, nothing will ever he the same...

Possibly one of the best recreational reads I've ever had. I ADORE Neil.
Back to top Go down
Trinnity
Trinnity

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 2:54 pm

HoodieCrow wrote:
Trinnity wrote:

Quote :

Possibly one of the best recreational reads I've ever had. I ADORE Neil.

I finished it! I loved it! I bought Chris a short story book by Gaiman,
apparently there is one about Shadow. It takes place after American Gods!
Right now I'm readin Max Brooks The Zombie Survival Guide borrowed it from Bullets hubby.
And I also just read the short stories by Charlaine Harris on Sookie Stackhouse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is / are your favourite book(s)?   What is / are your favourite book(s)? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is / are your favourite book(s)?
Page 1 of 1