Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Earthquake...

Go down 
+5
mcpug
Unhingedmom
Mini
BigBrownEyes29
Bernermom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bernermom
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bernermom

Earthquake... Empty
PostSubject: Earthquake...   Earthquake... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 1:52 pm

Did any of you feel the quake in southern Ontario just now???
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Earthquake... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earthquake...   Earthquake... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 1:54 pm

Bernermom wrote:
Did any of you feel the quake in southern Ontario just now???

Hahaha, I just did a thread the same time as you. No, I didn't feel it it was a little further up North.
Back to top Go down
Bernermom
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bernermom

Earthquake... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earthquake...   Earthquake... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 1:56 pm

Im in the Barrie area.
Freaky...its been years since I felt that
and there is storm warnings with the possibility of tornados too Shocked
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Earthquake... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earthquake...   Earthquake... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 1:58 pm

It does feel like tornado weather down this way, that calm humid weather before a freak storm starts. If that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Earthquake... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earthquake...   Earthquake... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 2:00 pm

I have a feeling this is just the start

Crazy weather all over the country

southern alberta and saskatchewan had to close down the transcanada due to flooding... Up here in the North.. we are in drought conditions. Hot.. and windy..

I have a feeling mother nature is getting pissed at us for screwing up for so long

Earthquakes... floods.. forest fires.. drought... and the summer is just getting started
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Earthquake... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earthquake...   Earthquake... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 2:03 pm

I agree Mini.

We're only half way through 2010 and there have been so many floods, tornadoes, and earthquakes throughout the world. Early this year there was an earthquake in Illinois (I think the Chicago area), an odd place even for a place like Ontario to get an earthquake.
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

Earthquake... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earthquake...   Earthquake... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 2:05 pm

I didn't feel it, weird. I tell you though, the lady on the Weather Network is making me nervous. I have to go to work, darnitall.
Back to top Go down
Bernermom
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bernermom

Earthquake... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earthquake...   Earthquake... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 2:08 pm

Just comfirmed that it was a 5.5 quake

my stepdaughter is trying to freak me out and saying it the beginig of the end...2012
she's grounded, lol just kidding
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Earthquake... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earthquake...   Earthquake... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 2:11 pm

5.5 quake, that's pretty big for this area.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

Earthquake... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earthquake...   Earthquake... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 2:45 pm

Didn't feel it ....

But wish I did
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Earthquake... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earthquake...   Earthquake... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 2:48 pm

I was in the license bureau and felt something and even the lady behind the counter seen the desk move. I am in St. Catharines so apparently it must have been a good jolt.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

Earthquake... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earthquake...   Earthquake... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 2:49 pm

mcpug wrote:
Didn't feel it ....

But wish I did

Same here, Then again if I had of felt it i most likely would have yelled for the kids to stop jumping they were shaking the place :suspect:
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Earthquake... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earthquake...   Earthquake... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 2:56 pm

Snitty wrote:
mcpug wrote:
Didn't feel it ....

But wish I did

Same here, Then again if I had of felt it i most likely would have yelled for the kids to stop jumping they were shaking the place :suspect:

Giggle Same here (except yelled at my kids about jumping around).
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Earthquake... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earthquake...   Earthquake... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 4:58 pm

Snitty wrote:
mcpug wrote:
Didn't feel it ....

But wish I did

LOL :bounce:
Back to top Go down
SillyStorm
Settling in
Settling in

Earthquake... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earthquake...   Earthquake... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 9:46 pm

I felt it ... like a weird wave and at that moment I had just sat down at my desk to write a last minute 'grocery list' before headed out to grab hubbies script and a few last minute things ... it's his birthday tomorrow. In fact I was thinking of giving hubby shit for bumping the desk so weirdly and when I looked over he wasn't touching the desk so I said Holy shit wth was that? LOL

Apparently everyone felt it here in my highrise as people, some half naked might I add went running out of our building onto the street and or balconies it was certainly a weird moment.

Shocked :lol:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Earthquake... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earthquake...   Earthquake... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Earthquake...
Page 1 of 1