Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you won 55 million in the lottery ...

Go down 
+9
smurry
ivegotfleas1
kbullet
RedyreRotties
SillyStorm
Snitty
rottnmom
Unhingedmom
BigBrownEyes29
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Empty
PostSubject: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 9:35 am

what would you do with the money?

I got to thinking about this as this weeks Lotto Max draw goes up to I think 55 million dollars. If you won 55 million dollars, what would you do with all that money? Sometimes it's nice to dream. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 9:43 am

Holy Crap, think about it...... What couldn't you do if you had that insane amount of money! I mean, if you invested wisely you wouldn't have a chance in hell of running out of money. A million, I could run through that in a year or so, but not 55 million.

After I recovered from my heart attack I'd take myself off to an uber-private island resort in an area NOT known for earthquakes, tsunamis, or hurricanes at this time of year. I'd take my family and financial adviser and spend a good month or two just planning for our future. I'm not sure exactly what I'd "do", but my bucket list would sure as hell be hugely inflated, LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 9:59 am

I wouldn't work anymore.
I would help family pay off debt.
Buy a beautiful house in the country.
That's about it, I don't like to travel.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:01 am

Yeah, that is an insane amount of money. First thing I would do is pay off anything I have owing. Then I would buy a house further out in the country, with more land. I would give my mom 10 million, my two kids each 10 million but put it in trust where they couldn't touch it until 30 years old, give my sister 2 million and my cousin, aunts and uncles each $500,000. With the exception of one uncle that I would just buy him stuff instead of give him the money. I would put 12 million away for myself and just live off the interest. Then take the rest and use the interest and some of that money to donate a nice amount yearly to charities. I wouldn't live my life like I was a millionaire, I would have the average house nice but nothing fancy, I would still drive the same vehicle I have now but have one of those square type vans for when I adopt or buy 2 more dogs, since it is a 3 dog bylaw limit where I'm at. Though I do like to shop 2x out of a year for clothing for myself, I would still shop at stores like Walmart, Cleos, Reitmans, nothing fancy but would have to control my obsession with buying purses. :lol:

ETA: Most importantly I forgot, I would quit my job. Not into traveling either, unless its the type of traveling where I can buy one of those bus type trailers and travel around North America. This way my dog can come vacation with me and no having to stay at any hotels.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:03 am

Argghhhhh!! I DON'T want to work another Friday night. The lotto sales were NUTS!! People who had never bought them before, shocked at how much they cost, still forked it over. Some buying $50-60 worth and even more. That was three weeks in a row of HELL at work. And of course with the number of tickets lotto was offline here until 12:30, which meant all my counting, balancing and paperwork had to wait until the damn truck came in, I had huge pallets to unload and the store was hopping crazy! People were at the door before we opened wanting the printout of the numbers.....geez people if no one can get online, why get pissy with us??

I see 30 of the 45 $1,000,000. prizes went.......16 to Ontario and 11 to Quebec. Wonder where the other 3 ended up.

Personally I would rather have seen them combine it all and then have had 95 single million $$ prizes. Everyone could use a 'spare' million........no one needs $50!!!

I won $10 !!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:30 am

I'd go to bingo... and never leave.
Back to top Go down
SillyStorm
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:50 am

About 10 years ago one of my friends won 350,000.00 on the encore ... instantly her family became 'assholes' and started making claims as to "you should pay off your Mom's house" what? They'd slaved and each worked (2 jobs) over 13 years to get into thier first home purchase,were only 2 months in and struggling to adjust,had credit union debts etc etc ... So they gave Mom 10,000.00 and old car, payed off house & debts and started over in a good place. Steph laughed at me cus' when she told me I argued "bullshit" with her per as usual and eventually we changed the subject ... I refused to believe her until she showed me the pictures/cheque from OLG lol but I was her biggest supporter through that family chaos LOL

Myself ... That kind of money well of course the new but not fancy family home, sharing good chunks to our families but most important would be trust funds for our kids futures and charities ... I'd love to get my family involved not only donating but hands on too and I have a long list of things I'd find joy in supporting.

Reminds me of this annomaous (sp?) donor that was on the news a few weeks back, his profile was protected but I think the name was Mr. Bicycle or something like that. Apparently he's been donating brand new bikes to kids for over 20 years and I thought ya I'd like to be that kind of person.
Back to top Go down
RedyreRotties
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
RedyreRotties

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:58 am

My husband and I have discussed this, as we play the lottery on a regular basis.

We would:

Pay off all our debt.
Pay off our family member's debt

Sit on the rest for at least 12 months before doing anything major.

Might buy new vehicles, but that's about it. I would want to think about that money long and hard before deciding what to do with it.

With that amount, philanthropy would be pretty high on my list.
Back to top Go down
http://www.redyre.com
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 11:31 am

My first order of business is to purchase the house next door and turn it into my husband's dream studio. Then our debt would be paid off as well as getting my education that I want paid for (the hubby's too). Then we would send both of our extended families on vacation and finally have the honeymoon we want.

After all that, we both decided we would continue to work so that our future children see the value in working and not thinking everything will just be handed to them.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 12:15 pm

I'll explain to you why I rarely buy lottery tix anymore.

Every week, my mom buys me a ticket for the Nascar race. Basically you get a # between 1 and 43 and your driver must finish in the top 2 to win either 86 or 43 big ones :lol: . Yesterday I had Marcos Ambrose.

Mr. Ambrose is a professional race car driver and I'm assuming he has done this for years.

Anyway, Marcos is leading the race, 2 seconds ahead of his closest competitor, with 7 laps to go or somewhere thereabouts and he is pulling away. In my head, the only way he loses this is if he crashes because only one guy was even close and he was starting to fall back. Basically, I can't lose.........BUT WAIT!!!!!!!!! There's a caution. The only way this guy can get passed on a caution is if he makes a pit stop. He didn't, so I made a quick run to the boys room and when I come back, he is in 6th or 7th place.

How is this possible? He didn't pit and you can't pass any other way on a caution, so I thought. Turns out this professional racecar driver stalled his fucking car while under caution and 5 or 6 cars passed him. He STALLED HIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The announcers couldn't believe it.

Anyway, that is an example of my luck and that was for 86 bux. Do you really think I have to worry about how I'll split up my 50 million? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
RedyreRotties
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
RedyreRotties

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 12:24 pm

The way I look at it, SOMEONE is going to win that money sooner or later.

I got as good a chance as anyone else as long as I am holding a TICKET.
Back to top Go down
http://www.redyre.com
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 1:01 pm

ivegotfleas1 wrote:
I'll explain to you why I rarely buy lottery tix anymore.

Every week, my mom buys me a ticket for the Nascar race. Basically you get a # between 1 and 43 and your driver must finish in the top 2 to win either 86 or 43 big ones :lol: . Yesterday I had Marcos Ambrose.

Mr. Ambrose is a professional race car driver and I'm assuming he has done this for years.

Anyway, Marcos is leading the race, 2 seconds ahead of his closest competitor, with 7 laps to go or somewhere thereabouts and he is pulling away. In my head, the only way he loses this is if he crashes because only one guy was even close and he was starting to fall back. Basically, I can't lose.........BUT WAIT!!!!!!!!! There's a caution. The only way this guy can get passed on a caution is if he makes a pit stop. He didn't, so I made a quick run to the boys room and when I come back, he is in 6th or 7th place.

How is this possible? He didn't pit and you can't pass any other way on a caution, so I thought. Turns out this professional racecar driver stalled his fucking car while under caution and 5 or 6 cars passed him. He STALLED HIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The announcers couldn't believe it.

Anyway, that is an example of my luck and that was for 86 bux. Do you really think I have to worry about how I'll split up my 50 million? :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO Giggle
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 1:06 pm

kbullet wrote:
My first order of business is to purchase the house next door and turn it into my husband's dream studio. Then our debt would be paid off as well as getting my education that I want paid for (the hubby's too). Then we would send both of our extended families on vacation and finally have the honeymoon we want.

After all that, we both decided we would continue to work so that our future children see the value in working and not thinking everything will just be handed to them.

I would definitely quit my job, but do something that I would enjoy doing and it wouldn't matter if I got paid for it because it would be something that I would enjoy doing (ie. volunteering at a shelter and helping out with their fund raisers, fostering dogs and doing the basic training on them so that the next forever home they go to it will be easier on the new owners with a dog that has the basics of obedience down pat).

The reason I mentioned I would put the money I would give to my kids in a trust fund until age 30, is because I want them to learn what it's like to work hard to save up for the things they want. Not that they don't appreciate what's given to them, because they take really good care of their possessions and are not destructive. But I don't want them to forget that there are people out there that don't have it as easy, and I don't want them to develop that "I'm better than this person because I now have money". My oldest son wants to go to university and major in physics (he has the grades to do it) and I don't want him to not pursue this goal / dream of his because life is all of a sudden going to be easier for him financially.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 1:06 pm

Snitty wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 5:05 pm

I'd buy a house!!
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 5:18 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Snitty wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was serious Shocked

If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Pin10
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 12:22 am

Last edited by Amomma on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 1:00 am

Spend, spend , spend...on a personal shopper, I hate shopping. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 5:01 pm

If I won this amount of money..............first order of business buy my big ass piece of land with a house and a pool :lol: I would also build onto our home "another mini home" for my daughter since she'll never be able to live on her own!

I would then build a "barn" style building which would be the "dog house" in which would then be used for rescues that can NOT find homes or "long term residence"

I then would build a dog park in one section of my land (play structures, fire hydrants and their own little kiddie splash pool so forth so on)

My kids would each have their University paid for, plus depending on which field they are going into I'd help to "start their business" example my daughter wants to be a Vet. I'd pay for her schooling and help her start her own business.

I would build a dirt bike track on another section of land and have enough land for a "wooded area" in which I could use as an ATV trail (for my daughter that has down syndrome)

After that I'll be too tuckered out to even think of spending the rest lmfao

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010, 3:06 pm

Just a reminder, if you haven't bought your ticket yet don't forget to.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010, 3:23 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:

Ok, you've convinced me Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010, 3:43 pm

ivegotfleas1 wrote:
BigBrownEyes29 wrote:

Ok, you've convinced me Very Happy .

If I win big, the first thing I'm doing if moving closer to the city where other internet options are available. :lol:
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010, 4:10 pm

You could just have your own internet company Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010, 4:16 pm

ivegotfleas1 wrote:
You could just have your own internet company Very Happy .

Even better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jun 2010, 5:56 pm

rottnmom wrote:
Argghhhhh!! I DON'T want to work another Friday night. The lotto sales were NUTS!! People who had never bought them before, shocked at how much they cost, still forked it over. Some buying $50-60 worth and even more. That was three weeks in a row of HELL at work. And of course with the number of tickets lotto was offline here until 12:30, which meant all my counting, balancing and paperwork had to wait until the damn truck came in, I had huge pallets to unload and the store was hopping crazy! People were at the door before we opened wanting the printout of the numbers.....geez people if no one can get online, why get pissy with us??

I see 30 of the 45 $1,000,000. prizes went.......16 to Ontario and 11 to Quebec. Wonder where the other 3 ended up.

Personally I would rather have seen them combine it all and then have had 95 single million $$ prizes. Everyone could use a 'spare' million........no one needs $50!!!

I won $10 !!!! cheers

I know for sure that 2 of them went to BC ......

But it wasn't us Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you won 55 million in the lottery ...   If you won 55 million in the lottery ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you won 55 million in the lottery ...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next