Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...

Go down 
+2
Jerseyfivedogs
Kewl Chick
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Empty
PostSubject: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 9:03 am

My nephew has been involved with an initiative to create awareness regarding Diabetes in the Aboriginal community. There is a group of youth who have created a hip hop, R&B CD. I ask you guys and gals to check it out.

http://www.reverbnation.com/ReztorePride

My nephew's song is Let's do this by Bugg!!! Please check it out and let me know what you think!! (Please be kind, this is my boy!!)
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 9:16 am

Here is all of them yesterday in Toronto. This girl ran in front of me and cut out my nephew so I will see if I have any others in my phone.

I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... ReztorePride
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 9:22 am

That is wonderful!!
Your nephew is really talented.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 9:31 am

I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... ReztorePride2
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 9:34 am

Thanks Jersey, We are all very proud of him. It seems that he has found a productive outlet too so this can only mean good things.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 9:38 am

That was what I was thinking.
It is nice to see young people being so productive.(I sound old)
What a great message too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 9:47 am

It was really kewl, yesterday after they were done performing they handed out t-shirts and CD's and this one old guy came up and almost had me in tears saying he was diabetic and has many issues with his feet and even some eyesight loss and he really was impressed with their message even though it was not his type of music genre. He appreciated their messages and gave them some astounding feedback. Not that it matters but he wasn't even Aboriginal so to me they have succeeded already.

It was a great moment to witness and the health minister who wouldn't support this initiative was there yesterday and he plans of creating a ten year plan around this project so it was a success all the way around. I am very proud of all of these young men and 1 young lady for their bravery, courage and wisdom!!
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 12:32 pm

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
RedyreRotties
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
RedyreRotties

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 12:47 pm

My FIL passed away due to complications from Diabetic disease this past spring. We miss him so.

Thanks so much to your nephew for getting the word out about Diabetes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.redyre.com

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 2:33 pm

I liked it and think the idea of making a cd is great!
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 6:12 pm

Well I just got home from his performance at Gage Park in Hamilton and it was AWESOME!!! I'm hoping to get some video from my sister-in-law to post. What a great day!!!

Well the word is out there and between yesterday and today they passed out about 400 CD's and about the same number of shirts.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 9:31 pm

Listening to it as I type.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 9:36 pm

Your Bugg is wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 9:48 pm

Aww, thanks Jersey, I can't tell you just how much that means to me. I am very very proud of him and I have to admit I was getting worried about him for a bit and this is just the positive outlet that he needed.
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 12:45 am

Thats great. I have seen War Party perform.
Back to top Go down
SillyStorm
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 8:10 am

Thanks for sharing Kewlchick thier music rocks,the issues they represent are totally awesome too. My Nephew (also totally Indian) could've used a positive influence this way too but is the perfect example of just the opposite. Crying or Very sad

We've quite a bit of experience with Diabetes in our family as well but seeing my BIL whom has it and has made great strides in his weight loss since last time I seen him worried me to be honest. BIL has aged so much in 5 years but not only that I got an instant awareness of him looking sickly, just a gut instinct but seriously soon as I felt it I remembered that I had also sensed that with a previous friend and I was right then too.

Regardless thanks for sharing and it's refreshing to see such positive influences with great goals being achieved and pushed forward. Please keep us all up-dated on thier progress and thanks again ...

Now where's my CD? LOL :face:
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 8:21 am

SillyStorm wrote:
Now where's my CD? LOL :face:

If you go to http://www.soadi.ca/rezstorepride/Reztore_Pride.zip you can download the CD.

copy and past into your browser to download Reztore Pride in MP3 format

Includes CD cover art Artists Bios, Lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010, 8:25 am

Amomma wrote:
Thats great. I have seen War Party perform.

Rex Smallboy formed War Party!! There is two of his tracks on the CD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...   I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...
Page 1 of 1