Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your in for a treat......

Go down 
+4
kbullet
pooperscooper
Boston
Mini
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Your in for a treat...... Empty
PostSubject: Your in for a treat......   Your in for a treat...... Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 11:49 pm

Okay.. this damn fox.. is driving me nuts..

so tonight.. I got pics of him.. I was going to pull the pin on gunner.. to give you some action shots.. However, honkey pushed him out of the horse pen.. and he was in the far back cow pen..

The cows finally chased him out..

But here are some shots.. Sorry it is misting.. If he comes back in the bush.. I will pull the pin.. and shoot gunner chasing him.... But gunner is penned.. cause sadie is in the Barn... recouping....

Your in for a treat...... Jaw578

Your in for a treat...... Drc9eg
Fox meets sunshine.. just before sunshine.. decides to chase her out of the pasture
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Your in for a treat......   Your in for a treat...... Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 11:50 pm

Oh she's a cutie.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your in for a treat......   Your in for a treat...... Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 11:52 pm

ya a cutie.. thta would look good as a cap....

sorry.. this fox.. keeps trying to go after quackers........

it has been driving me crazy......... comes real close.. not scared at all.... and with weaning the kids.. I had to lock them up as they are vulnerable)
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Your in for a treat......   Your in for a treat...... Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 12:04 am

Your in for a treat...... 740501 me me for the hat. Your in for a treat...... 674383
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Your in for a treat......   Your in for a treat...... Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 11:23 am

I think the fox is cute but I understand the need to protect your herd. Sunshine is cute too.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your in for a treat......   Your in for a treat...... Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 1:55 am

well our friend came back again....

arggg.. And I am out some working dogs for at least another week.. Gunner goes in to get chopped on Monday.. Hubby took a shot at it today.. through the bush... hoping that will keep him away..

It would be nice if bosco would be able to go into the pastures. but the pastures our the pyrs territory and we have already trainned him and drake. do not enter the pastures even with an open gate.
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Your in for a treat......   Your in for a treat...... Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 2:04 pm

Nice pics. Some of the foxes around here are so bold, one will walk right by the dogs in their kennel. Sometimes i think he's teasing them.
Hope you can find a way to keep him away without shooting him.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your in for a treat......   Your in for a treat...... Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jun 2010, 2:12 am

so we thought the .22 going over his/her head would maybe do the trick. Only for a day.

Because just before the birthday started he was in the bush again. 10 feet from hubby. He also was in the bush during pony rides. What a fearless bugger he is.
Back to top Go down
RedyreRotties
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
RedyreRotties

PostSubject: Re: Your in for a treat......   Your in for a treat...... Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jun 2010, 9:22 am

Time for SSS, mini.
Back to top Go down
http://www.redyre.com
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Your in for a treat......   Your in for a treat...... Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jun 2010, 5:35 pm

We're having problems here now with foxes. Bad enough the coyotes are fearless. A guy I work with lost two of his Chinese geese and several breeding stock of chickens (silkies and barred rocks). People couldn't believe it when they heard it had taken not one, but two full size geese. The bugger was seen by a neighbor jumping the chicken pen fence
then heading right into the hen house (which is actually part of the basement), coming back out and scaling the fence
again with a bird in it's mouth.

He had to hire a trapper because of restrictions on gun use in the area, $75 a head to get both the male and female.
When the trapper weighed the male he topped 20 lbs, the female just under 17. Another weird thing.....the male was
black, the female grey. Makes you wonder where they are coming from or breeding with. Bad enough our coyotes are
part wolf.

They collapsed the den after he got both foxes, not a month later another pair had moved into the area and started
on the 'buffet'.........another $75 a head he had to pay to get rid of those two.

At this rate, any money he would make from selling what's left of his show birds will all be spent on getting rid of the
critters.

He'd be better off getting a trained dog to stay out with them or in the pen at night.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your in for a treat......   Your in for a treat...... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 1:33 am

rottnmom wrote:
We're having problems here now with foxes. Bad enough the coyotes are fearless. A guy I work with lost two of his Chinese geese and several breeding stock of chickens (silkies and barred rocks). People couldn't believe it when they heard it had taken not one, but two full size geese. The bugger was seen by a neighbor jumping the chicken pen fence
then heading right into the hen house (which is actually part of the basement), coming back out and scaling the fence
again with a bird in it's mouth.

He had to hire a trapper because of restrictions on gun use in the area, $75 a head to get both the male and female.
When the trapper weighed the male he topped 20 lbs, the female just under 17. Another weird thing.....the male was
black, the female grey. Makes you wonder where they are coming from or breeding with. Bad enough our coyotes are
part wolf.

They collapsed the den after he got both foxes, not a month later another pair had moved into the area and started
on the 'buffet'.........another $75 a head he had to pay to get rid of those two.

At this rate, any money he would make from selling what's left of his show birds will all be spent on getting rid of the
critters.

He'd be better off getting a trained dog to stay out with them or in the pen at night.

shit rotti.. I am down my working dogs at least for the next 14 days. Sadie blew a stitch long story.. and gunner goes in tomorrow.. to loose his manhood. So yeah.. we may have to take him out. I mean I have the little goats. and you can stare at him and yell at him.. He ignores you. Tonight when I got home.. I pulled the pin and gunner took off... but as of tomorrow gunner is out till he heals. I am pretty sure their is a den in my bush. cause no matter where he/she is chased they end up coming back.. hopefully once the cows are opened up to that part.. in the next week or so.. the fox if we haven't taken care of it. Will pick up and move
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your in for a treat......   Your in for a treat...... Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 11:42 am

One working dog back.. about 5 more days till the other one.... argg.. Stupid fox is driving me nuts. Hoping that we moved the cows into the dense bush. Maybe where his den is.. THey will push him out.... But once gunner is back.. I am just going to let them run.. enough is enough.
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Your in for a treat......   Your in for a treat...... Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 1:03 pm

Tidbits on Foxes....

The gray fox (if its a "true gray fox") should be able to climb trees

Now also foxes are territorial and a pair will occupy a radius of about 4 square kms.

If you are noticing the pair "more and more" often, they are probably trying to collect food for their young (which a liter can be on average 6) and happen usually late spring early summer.

Usually if a fox does NOT feel threatened they will continue to live around people.

Now my dad use to do a trick (which was super gross, but I never noticed foxes on our yard afterwards) and that was outlining the farm yard with urine soaked rags (human or dog, but as gross as this sounds it was human and his affraid)However my dad did state only male urine will work due to the pheromones in it. Now he gave me a bunch more info on that subject but no need to go on about it unless your interested in this route

:pale:
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your in for a treat......   Your in for a treat...... Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 1:23 pm

.. I am not too worried.. It was only cause I was down my dogs.. and when quackers follows the goats into their pasture he is litterally a sitting duck. When the dogs our out. NO worries. 5 more days..

we have had to make some adjustments. I ended up putting the alpacas with the goats in order to protect them and the duck from the fox
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: Your in for a treat......   Your in for a treat...... Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 1:30 pm

well at least its only 5 more days!

Just remember even if your dogs manage to get that pair to move dens another pair will move in if the den is left available.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your in for a treat......   Your in for a treat...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your in for a treat......
Page 1 of 1