Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES Empty
PostSubject: Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES   Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 3:32 pm

Sadie will be getting spayed tomorrow..

THANK goodness... Then her boyfriend is next...

I have amazing working dogs.. this was a tough decision. but I choose not to breed again....

For alot of reasons..

But the main one

IS heat is a pain in the ass.. with working breeds.. and I am sick of it.. LMFAO....
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES   Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 11:35 am

Don't get me wrong.. I LOVE MY VET

so we go to drop sadie off.. I told her that she had to be the first dog in and the first dog on the table.

KEEP in mind my dogs are not social.. dogs.. They are not your average lets lick your face. They are not socialized with strangers.. people.. with the exception of us and close family friends. That's it. They are a working breed.

So Hubby goes there at the right time, and her office is packed with dogs.. ARGGG and people... another arggg.... good thing that sadie is submissive to us.

Dennis weighed her.. and my vet gave her sedation right away...

My poor baby.... probably doesn't know what the heck all those dogs are....
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES   Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 11:38 am

Forgot to add.. the worst dennis said..

Is because we do have gorgeous dogs.. Everyone wanted to pet her.. and love her..

Dennis said he felt so rude.... and Our vet was trying to explain to her other clients.. That this is a working dog.. and not a pet... arggggg
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES   Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 3:01 pm

At least your vet got involved.. most would just have the client battle it out.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES   Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 3:01 pm

Mini, I thought for sure because they will be getting up there in age (Sadie and Gunner) that you would want to carry on those lines, add new additions to help with coyote control on your farm.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES   Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 3:40 pm

You know BBE... I had to think long and hard in regards to that......

But seriously...... it was too much trouble..

When she was in heat.. I was down an LGD dog. She would bring them in ( coyotes) and that would put gunner at more of a risk. She went into heat 3 times a year..... so she was kenneled most of those times.

Down the road.. if I need more Pyrs.. I know the lines.. and where I can get a superb working dog from.. Right now.. Life is so busy.. and I need them more then ever. as a team

Plus in a couple of years.. I will be giving Gunner to my mom.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES   Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 12:40 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Mini, I thought for sure because they will be getting up there in age (Sadie and Gunner) that you would want to carry on those lines, add new additions to help with coyote control on your farm.

BBE... I asked Mini the same question last year and she had already been contemplating ending her breeding program for the reasons she listed. It was an interesting informed talk as I also thought perhaps it was a waste of good working dog lineage but she knows what she's doing!!! Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES   Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 1:05 am

Mini, That's understandable. The main reason I spayed my dog at 10 months old instead of waiting 24 months. She was attracting coyotes onto the property, and it was bad enough they use my property as a cross walk and a place to lounge in broad daylight sometimes.

pooperscooper wrote:
BigBrownEyes29 wrote:

BBE... I asked Mini the same question last year and she had already been contemplating ending her breeding program for the reasons she listed. It was an interesting informed talk as I also thought perhaps it was a waste of good working dog lineage but she knows what she's doing!!! Smile Smile Smile

I know she knows what she's doing, I just like you surprised. Smile We may have to talk her into getting more donkeys.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES   Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 1:37 am

LOL...no Welsh ponies not more dam stubborn donkeys. Better looking and protect as well as hee haws. Besides she swears no more animals...

What do you thinlk she will aquire next. Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES 134967
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES   Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 12:23 pm

pooperscooper wrote:
LOL...no Welsh ponies not more dam stubborn donkeys. Better looking and protect as well as hee haws. Besides she swears no more animals...

What do you thinlk she will aquire next. Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES 134967

Giggle Giggle Giggle Mini says no more pets, but we all know the truth, if there is a pet in dire need of a home, he / she will be going to live with Mini.

I think she might get more alpacas. That's what I've been trying to talk her into getting. :lol:
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES   Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 8:43 am

I hear Ram is planning on dropping some donkeys off at Mini's farm in the cloak of night in the fall...
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES   Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 12:26 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Mini, That's understandable. The main reason I spayed my dog at 10 months old instead of waiting 24 months. She was attracting coyotes onto the property, and it was bad enough they use my property as a cross walk and a place to lounge in broad daylight sometimes.

pooperscooper wrote:
BigBrownEyes29 wrote:

I know she knows what she's doing, I just like you surprised. Smile We may have to talk her into getting more donkeys.

ahh guys.. I know.. I was contemplating one more litter.. But really.. the amount of work I put into my working litters. Honestly it wouldn't be fair to them as life is pretty hectic right now.. with trainning the other dogs. It takes alot of work. Far more then raising the pugs.... and alot of people have no idea how much work actuall goes into them. Well if you do it properly. Like I said.. because I am gone and working... I need them as a team so much more.. Then before I was home.. and could help gunner out when he needed it. The lines would be carried on.. as one of the previous pups.. will be bred. I am mentoring her.. as we speak... I still contro the breeding aspect of my lines. And the owner is more then happy to give me the reins.. LMAO.. When the time comes. I will welp them here. Because I can pen her bitch.. and temperment test.. and still have my working dogs. The predators are far too great this year......it is amazing how many are out there... and with the new foal.. and the new baby goats.......I need my dogs.. as drake is getting on in his years. Plus.. well having problems with bosco and drake.. put things in a huge loop. Plus I hope with chopping gunners balls.. My weight issues may be resolved. Plus This fox.. which I will post about.. is driving me loopy. Normally, it is a fox.. I don't care.. but he has his eyes on my babies.. and that doesn't fly.

FURTHER more.. No more animals.. well.......... maybe.. My other vet.. LMFAO. wants to give me a Jack... we are still debating that..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES   Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say good bye to my pyr PUPPIES
Page 1 of 1