Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We lost another one....

Go down 
+6
BigBrownEyes29
Mini
yorkiemom
Jerseyfivedogs
Snitty
Mousey
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

We lost another one.... Empty
PostSubject: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 7:11 am

Sad that's the second one in a week....

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan - A Canadian soldier who was scheduled to conclude his deployment in Afghanistan in a few days has been killed by an improvised explosive device in a volatile region of southern Afghanistan.

Pte. Kevin McKay from the Edmonton-based 1st Battalion of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry died in an IED blast about 15 kilometres southwest of Kandahar city.

The 24-year-old native of Richmond Hill, Ont., was on a foot patrol in the Panjwaii district village of Nakhonay at 8 p.m. local time Thursday at the time of the explosion.

Col. Simon Hetherington, the deputy commander of Task Force Kandahar, said McKay embodied the gritty spirit of the typical Canadian soldier.

"He was the type of soldier that Canadians must think of when they think of their army in Afghanistan -- the tough, courageous infantryman, living in austere conditions and doing incredibly difficult work," Hetherington said Friday.

"His platoon brothers and friends will remember Kevin, better known as 'Mickey' to his buddies, as a generous man, dependable, with a quick wit and a great sense of humour that was exemplified by his awesome moustache."

Hetherington spoke on behalf of Brig.-Gen. Dan Menard, who is on leave.

He said McKay -- known as "Mickey" to his friends -- was short in stature but had no trouble dishing it out to his bigger military comrades.

"While not a tall man, he had no difficulty in poking fun and taunting those less vertically challenged platoon mates," Hetherington said.

McKay is the sixth Canadian military member to die in Afghanistan this year and the 144th killed as part of the Afghan mission since it began in 2002.

Two civilians -- diplomat Glyn Berry and journalist Michelle Lang -- have also died.

The Canadian military didn't say whether anyone was injured in Thursday's blast as it no longer releases information on those wounded on the battlefield.

McKay's death comes as hundreds of people prepare to gather in Halifax to remember the first Canadian sailor to be killed in the Afghanistan conflict.

A memorial service will be held for 37-year-old Petty Officer (second class) Craig Blake, who was killed by an IED on May 3, also in the Panjwaii district.

The entire district, the cradle of the Taliban, has been a bloody battleground for Canadian troops since they arrived in the province of Kandahar in strength four years ago. Villages and towns have been repeatedly cleared, only to see the Taliban reassert itself by stealth.

Mini can we get a saluting emoticon?
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 7:26 am

R.I.P Pte. Kevin McKay
We lost another one.... V2bTHOJg10904163

This one is bigger but has a stupid grin on its face...
We lost another one.... Military_salute_smileyM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 7:40 am

Sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 7:41 am

Sad
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 9:29 am

It is always so sad when we lose another soldier,I cannot thank them enough for what they do for us and our freedom
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 9:30 am

The first one is good, any way to add it to the box?
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 9:30 am

Fuck is all I have to say.. He was leaving in 2 friggin days..... those are our boys right now.

RIP.. I will always remember you.. God speed, your mission is done. You are now Free. Thank you for being who you were and for all you have done. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:20 am

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:30 am

I put it in Mousey. You may have to click OK beside view more emoticons to see it though.

salute
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 5:30 pm

Thanks fleas. Your the best.
Back to top Go down
Smoosh
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Smoosh

PostSubject: Re: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 6:06 pm

Read this morn. How sad. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 6:08 pm

It doesn't matter how many times we hear it ,it is still like a shock wave everytime
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 6:26 pm

Every time a soldier dies the poem that comes to mind is

The Charge of the Light Brigade
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 6:54 pm

Tookey wrote:

Don't think I know that one.
Back to top Go down
Tookey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Tookey

PostSubject: Re: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 10:38 pm

Mousey wrote:
Tookey wrote:

as my daughter would say

GOOGLE IT

lmfao
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 10:32 am

Tookey wrote:
Mousey wrote:
Tookey wrote:

as my daughter would say

GOOGLE IT

lmfao

lol..smartass..hey where did my pic go Shocked
Back to top Go down
cureforboredom
Settling in
Settling in
cureforboredom

PostSubject: Re: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 12:43 pm

And they are so young too... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We lost another one....   We lost another one.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We lost another one....
Page 1 of 1