Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The worlds strangest Laws

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

The worlds strangest Laws Empty
PostSubject: The worlds strangest Laws   The worlds strangest Laws Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 1:08 pm

I read this, and it had me laughing here is a few of them..

In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants – even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet

In Iowa, USA, it is against the law to kiss for more than five minutes.

In Alberta a released convict is entitled to a gun and a horse to ride out of town on. ( good to know - I can go postal and still get a horse)
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The worlds strangest Laws   The worlds strangest Laws Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 1:15 pm

Okay I am copying this..

LMAO this is for all the Canadians

These are some of the most ridiculous laws that Canada ever came up with and put into the books. These are real laws which all exist here in Canada to this day.

1. In Nova Scotia a person is not allowed to water their grass when it's raining. Not like someone would do this, but it's against the law in Nova Scotia!

2. In Cobourg, Ontario if you have a water trough in your front yard, it must be filled by 5:00am!

3. In Guelph, Ontario, the city is classified as a no pee zone!

4. In Toronto, Ontario, where I lived, it's illegal to drag a dead horse down Younge St on a Sunday!

5. In Montreal, Ontario you are not allowed to wash your car in the street or park your car in a way that it blocks your own driveway!

6. In Ottawa, Ontario you are not allowed to eat ice cream on Bank St on a Sunday!

7. In Beaconsfield, Canada it's considered an offense to have more than two colours on your house; and you are not allowed to own a log cabin!

8. In Uxbridge, Ontario it's illegal to have an internet connection faster than 56k!

9. In Kanata, Ontario, believe this, it's illegal to have a clothes line in your back yard!

10. Finally, in Oshawa, Ontario it's illegal to climb trees!

11. This is one of the more unbelievable laws I came across. Did you know that in Fort Qu'Appelle Quebec it is illegal for a teen to walk downtown main street with his shoes untied? Its true. Who comes up with these laws?

12. Get this, it is illegal anywhere in Canada to pay for a 26 cent item in all pennies. The limit is 25 cents. If you are paying for your item in nickels, then its illegal to pay for it in nickels if its over $5. Its also illegal to pay for something over $10 dollars in all dimes. Wild!

13. Did you know that Canadian law states that every 5th song on the radio must be by a Canadian born citizen? Well believe it or not it is true!

14. In Alberta back in the day, it was the law when a prisoner was released from jail that he would be given a gun and horse to ride out of town or city.

15. Through out Ontario the average speed limit is 80 km/h for cars, BUT bicyclists have the right away.

16. No one in Canada is allowed by Canadian law to watch or listen to encrypted broadcast which is not licensed by the Canadian Government. This basically means that its illegal to use US satellite systems like "Direct TV".

17. I don't know how true this one is since I live on the opposite side of the country but supposedly its illegal to buy cigarettes for minors (Under 19), but you can supply them with cigarettes as long as its not in public places. I know here where I live outside of Toronto, its illegal period to give cigarettes to children and teens.

18. Here's a law I found that kind of surprised me. In London, Ontario it is against the city by-law to allow your grass in your front yard to grow any taller then a inch and a half. If you do, the city will come by and cut it for you then give you a fine for $200. Crazy!

19. Now I couldn't find a date for this law but its so off the wall it must be from around the late 1800's or early 1900's. There's a law on the British Columbia books that states if you're a bankrupt drunk who got thrown into jail, the law requires the jailer to bring you a bottle of beer on demand. Nuts!

20. Quebec law states that all business signs must be in French. If the owner wants English on the sign then the French print has to be twice as large as the English print.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
*~Skittles~*
Warmed up
Warmed up
*~Skittles~*

PostSubject: Re: The worlds strangest Laws   The worlds strangest Laws Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 1:20 pm

In France, it is forbidden to call a pig Napoleon. Shocked

In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://amandamariewescott.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The worlds strangest Laws   The worlds strangest Laws Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The worlds strangest Laws
Page 1 of 1