Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog

Go down 
+4
Unhingedmom
pooperscooper
Kewl Chick
J_Blackmon
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
yorkiemom

Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 6:53 pm

I am sure you can"secure" a spot but it will cost you "Megabucks",however if you are a really good "Speedracer" I am sure you can do it.I would first "secure" myself a lawyer,dr,and I am sure you already have a policeman as a friend
Back to top Go down
J_Blackmon

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 7:05 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
I am sure you can"secure" a spot but it will cost you "Megabucks",however if you are a really good "Speedracer" I am sure you can do it.I would first "secure" myself a lawyer,dr,and I am sure you already have a policeman as a friend

I appreciate the advise, but I think your refering to a Vet, and if you are i have one close to where I live that I trust exclusively for my 2 dogs I have right now, and a lawyer I could see that if I were having any issues with people or to look over a contract. I do have some police officers that I know but non of them are overly close to me so I am not sure where your headed that way but.... I am interested in working my own dog with a security company and having it trained professionally.

J_Blackmon
Back to top Go down
M'Fredrick
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 7:38 pm

J- Blackburn, I think you've misunderstood the comments made.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 7:41 pm

M'Fredrick wrote:
J- Blackburn, I think you've misunderstood the comments made.
I believe you are correct
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 7:49 pm

still strongly suggest that google is your best bet
Back to top Go down
M'Fredrick
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 7:50 pm

I'm not sure but I'm under the impression. The person or persons you are speaking of is pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 7:51 pm

If you are trying to ask a question at least be upfront about it
Back to top Go down
J_Blackmon

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 7:54 pm

Ok Yorkie, I will ask, since I saw both those names mentioned in a posting on the first page have you had any issues with trainers in the past? or are these just people who have left a bad taste in your mouth from previous posting issues??

JB
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 7:55 pm

M'Fredrick wrote:
I'm not sure but I'm under the impression. The person or persons you are speaking of is pretty bad.
  I believe I was speaking with m'fredrick
Back to top Go down
M'Fredrick
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 8:00 pm

Im just reading what's been posted. Which has something to do with a gingerly, megabucks and speed racer. I'm not sure what it's about but it must be bad.
Back to top Go down
M'Fredrick
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 8:03 pm

I hope I haven't crossed the line, by suggesting this.

Last edited by M'Fredrick on Fri 14 Jun 2013, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 8:04 pm

crossing the line here can certainly be done,but it takes more than a question to cross it for now
Back to top Go down
M'Fredrick
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 8:11 pm

Ok thanks. Although I do have a question? What did these people do? I've googled them but found nothing. Is there something i should attach to find more info
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 8:16 pm

I would suggest that you fine tune your google skills
Back to top Go down
M'Fredrick
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 8:24 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
I would suggest that you fine tune your google skills

Ok I am a bit illiterate in that area which I understand. There appears to be more to the story which a few of you wish to warn people of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 8:27 pm

J_Blackmon wrote:
Hey Nero:

Yeah, I know dogs can bite at any time, I have seen police dogs in action its not pretty, but thats why I want to be involved in the training so I can read my dog and I do not accidently overwork it to the point where either I am too tired and make a mistake which happens we are after all only human, or the dog is to tired and reacts badly to a begine situation and ends up having to be put down.

I have actually researched opening up a security company, it costs a lot of money to do, so I am looking for a company that may consider hiring me and a dog as a team, not supplying one that I do not know the commands for..

Many security companies have their dogs trained in english or other languages like french or german for safety reasons as you may know, well I want to be involved in that training so when the dog does something I know what its doing not just reacting to a situation.

J_Blackmon

It is illegal to work for a Security Company , with your Canine as a contractor ,You need a Agency License, to do that.
You can only work as a Employee by a Security company, but still have to be licensed as a Security Guard or PI by the Attorney General. If you don't you are liable for a big fine
Most dogs  are trained in German .  we don't train the dogs to attack the arms, but anywhere were they can bite, not to long ago a thief was at a car dealership,
and the guy had a knife, the guard told him to drop it , and the guy went at the guard with the knife, The dog got the command to "hit" and the dog went for the guys arm and the guy cut the neck of the dog, the dog pulled through, My husband trained all the company dogs, he used to train them for the CDN Armed forces, where he was a MP.
Anyway wish you good luck.If you need more information let me know.

Back to top Go down
J_Blackmon

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 8:46 pm

Nero:

just wondering what security company it is your talking about, I am familure with a number of them in Ontario, and there are very few still certified through the Ministry of Public Safety and Correctional Services that are still licensed as K9 operators?

also so I can possibly apply to them for work.

J_Blackmon
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 8:48 pm

Is this game of charades over yet? twitch
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 8:51 pm

I think not quite yet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 8:56 pm

J_Blackmon wrote:
Nero:

just wondering what security company it is your talking about, I am familure with a number of them in Ontario, and there are very few still certified through the Ministry of Public Safety and Correctional Services that are still licensed as K9 operators?

also so I can possibly apply to them for work.

J_Blackmon

yes your right not many have a canine license, I cant tell you on this board what the name is it will identify me.
And we have all the guards at this moment ,most of our people are with the company a long time.

You should  look in the phone book, for the area you reside in.

Good luck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 8:59 pm

Kewl Chick wrote:
Sorry , is this subject boring?
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 9:01 pm

Nero64 wrote:
Kewl Chick wrote:
Sorry , am I making you bored with this subject?

No Nero!!! I am sorry this was not directed towards you!! 
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 9:02 pm

Nero,the subject is not at all boring and nothing the mods have typed has been directed towards you
Back to top Go down
J_Blackmon

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 9:18 pm

Well I hope that wasnt directed towards me, I am just trying to find information from reliable sources.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013, 9:19 pm

Kewl Chick wrote:
Nero64 wrote:
Kewl Chick wrote:
Sorry , am I making you bored with this subject?

No Nero!!! I am sorry this was not directed towards you!! 

No Kewl chick, I am sorry for I thought I did it again,and made to many post on the subject, thank you.

Last edited by Nero64 on Fri 14 Jun 2013, 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog   Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Purchase of a Trained Protection Dog
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next