Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog Empty
PostSubject: My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog   My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 9:08 pm

Over the Christmas holidays I forgot to go to the townhall to get my dog's 2010 dog tags. Today during my lunch, I drove 25 minutes to the townhall to get it taken care of and one thing off my list. When I got there, the regular person who handles the dog tags and registration was most likely on her lunch but there was a backup person to help me out. I handed that administrator the application and she happened to notice that I scratched out a lot of the information they pre-filled out on the application and sent to me.

Administrator: "You don't have an English Bulldog"

Me: "Never owned one. The last two years that I've been registering my dog she's always been a Rottweiler"

Administrator: "Oh, that is strange."

Me: Thinking to myself - oh brother, I applied for a job here and didn't even get called in for an interview for some stinking administrator position. Even I know the difference between an English Bulldog and a Rottweiler. Yes, I was bitter for at least not getting called in for a stinking interview. But the way the position was advertised, a friend was telling me they probably already had a family member in mind to hire. Just legalities that they had to post the job posting.

Administrator: "Rottweilers are nice dogs, they look like Pitbulls and get a bad rap. A person really has to know their dog breeds in order to tell the difference."

Me: :roll: thinking to myself - No, the two breeds are very easy to tell apart. But instead I just smiled at her thanked her for her helped and high tailed it back to work since my lunch is only for an hour and quite a drive back to work.

Yeah, still bitter that I could have had any one of those jobs, paid attention to detail, and been making better money than I am now with a pension and better benefits.

Also still wondering where the $15 for these dog tag licenses goes to. Not that it's a lot of money, but would still like to know.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog   My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 1:05 am

lol

Would that money go to bring down animal control prices . I do remember reading on kijiji. I believe Cat lady was going into what the fees were put towards. Not too sure though.

They should have a one time fee. Instead of 15 dollars. But then again they wouldn't make as much coin off that avenue.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog   My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 1:41 am

That error would piss me off also. So glad we don't have to license and I think you should have gotten the job!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog   My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 1:43 am

IDK .. It might go to the animal control portion of the fees. The city animal control also goes out to the county. I was thinking it might go to the dog pound to cover some of their fees.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog   My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 11:45 am

ARg.... thanks for reminding me I have to go get that stupid tag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog   My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 3:22 pm

kbullet wrote:

+1...I knew there was something I knew I had to get done before Jan. 31, 2010 expires! Thx for the reminder!

BTW...maybe the money would be wisely spent sending some city administrators for a Dog Breed 101 class. Sorry you didn't get that job BBE...but really, working with someone like would just make you want to stick a pencil in your eye daily.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog   My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 9:12 pm

K-Flash wrote:
kbullet wrote:

+1...I knew there was something I knew I had to get done before Jan. 31, 2010 expires! Thx for the reminder!

BTW...maybe the money would be wisely spent sending some city administrators for a Dog Breed 101 class. Sorry you didn't get that job BBE...but really, working with someone like would just make you want to stick a pencil in your eye daily.

I have that type of job now. The townhall one paid a little more, so it would have been worth the aggravation of working with odd co-workers. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog   My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog
Page 1 of 1