Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I hate the waiting game

Go down 
+2
Boston
Mini
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

I hate the waiting game Empty
PostSubject: I hate the waiting game   I hate the waiting game Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 10:53 pm

As some of you heard.. We lost 4 soldiers today.

Just to give you a glimpse in the life of a military spouse... We sit here and wait.. till the names get released. At this time.... it is if it is one of our friends. My phone hasn't rang yet. When hubby was over there.

It was a waiting game.. to see if the military car would pull in the drive way.

It is a weird feeling. Hard to put into words.

Right now I have what is called survivors guilt. Knowing my hubby is safe at home and thanking my lucky stars he is here right besie me.. because these are his boys over there. He should be there. Knowing that someone has lost someone close to them in the name of peace.

Now my family waits. To find out the names or the phone call.. to find out if it is someone we love and care about.........

and we wait.. and wait..

R.I.P.. may god speed.. Your mission is done. May you go knowing that you did your country proud
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: I hate the waiting game   I hate the waiting game Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 11:36 pm

Thinking of you, your family and your friends tonight.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: I hate the waiting game   I hate the waiting game Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 4:10 pm

I can only imagine how hard the waiting game is for family and friends of those in the military. Every time I see the news and they show an segment of a soldier coming home to surprise his children, it does bring tears to your eyes that this mother or father made it home safe and sound. Some don't even tell their children they are coming home until they arrive at their house. Which makes sense.

Keeping you, your family and friends in my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: I hate the waiting game   I hate the waiting game Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 9:22 pm

Your post made me teary eyed Mini.

I know how a person would feel to have someone knock on their door with horrible news that their loved one has died.

The waiting game for military family and friends would be awful. Just awful. Makes my heart ache.

Thinking of you Mini.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: I hate the waiting game   I hate the waiting game Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 11:18 pm

RIP Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hate the waiting game   I hate the waiting game Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 11:30 pm

Has Mini posted today? My prayers go out to the families and friends.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: I hate the waiting game   I hate the waiting game Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jan 2010, 12:14 am

For those who wait, our thoughts are with them. For those who get word, our hearts break. What meaning does the season of Peace and Joy have for these families. Prayers for all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate the waiting game   I hate the waiting game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I hate the waiting game
Page 1 of 1