Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ORIJEN and ACANA

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

ORIJEN and ACANA Empty
PostSubject: ORIJEN and ACANA   ORIJEN and ACANA Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 7:52 am

I finally find a food all my pets do well on and they had a fire at the plant loosing 40% of there kitchen production area and will be discontinuing some products and there will be shortages of all at pet stores so I decided to switch mine now. Hopefully they will be up and running full capacity in the New Year.
Apparently people were complaining of the smell of the plant so they installed a new venting/chimney system which then caught on fire. Sad
I switched all mine to ACANA when the Kirkland brand had their recall.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

ORIJEN and ACANA Empty
PostSubject: Re: ORIJEN and ACANA   ORIJEN and ACANA Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 8:00 am

I read this

The following food will NOT be effected by the fire...

Orijen
Adult
6 Fish
Regional Red
Cat/Kitten

ACANA
Wild Prairie
Grassland
Pacifica
Ranchlands
Chicken Burbank
Adult Large Breed
Senior
Lamb & Apple

If your food is not on this list it will be effected by the fire.

I tried Kirkland a long time ago but I found that every couple of bags the dogs got sick.
It was like I'd get a bad batch or something.
Too hit or miss for me.

Back to top Go down

ORIJEN and ACANA Empty
PostSubject: Re: ORIJEN and ACANA   ORIJEN and ACANA Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 9:40 am

The guy at the pet store I go to said they will probably have issues with keeping up with stock for awhile. I have the card for buy x amount get one free so didn't want to chance it.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

ORIJEN and ACANA Empty
PostSubject: Re: ORIJEN and ACANA   ORIJEN and ACANA Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 9:45 am

I have to buy a bag of something for one of my dogs.
Raw isn't working for him.
I was thinking GO.
What do you think?
I was going to go with the ones you just mentioned but if I am going to have a hard time getting them, no point in trying it now.

Have you tried any of these?

http://www.petcurean.com/

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

ORIJEN and ACANA Empty
PostSubject: Re: ORIJEN and ACANA   ORIJEN and ACANA Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 12:43 pm

I'm going to have to switch my dog either back over to Orijen, Acana, or Go. She on Kirklands Nature's Domain but I've noticed possibly from allergies to food as it's a brand I just switched her over to a couple months ago. Think I might just go back to Orijen as she does well on it. I don't like to stick to more than one brand, just in case for whatever reason the store runs out and I need a backup brand.

Jersey, I heard Go was good and not as costly as Orijen.
Back to top Go down

ORIJEN and ACANA Empty
PostSubject: Re: ORIJEN and ACANA   ORIJEN and ACANA Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 1:51 pm

I had all mine on Kirkland and thought it was good till I saw major improvement in my one cat when I switched to ACANA wild prairie.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

ORIJEN and ACANA Empty
PostSubject: Re: ORIJEN and ACANA   ORIJEN and ACANA Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 2:07 pm

jamn53 wrote:
The guy at the pet store I go to said they will probably have issues with keeping up with stock for awhile. I have the card for buy x amount get one free so didn't want to chance it.

Panzer is on Acana, we have the buy x amount and get one free card too.
Back to top Go down

ORIJEN and ACANA Empty
PostSubject: Re: ORIJEN and ACANA   ORIJEN and ACANA Icon_minitimeSat 13 Oct 2012, 1:41 pm

I sent the company an e-mail and they said they'd be back in full production in December so I will start buying it again. I was amazed of the difference it made in my cat"s fur and the mal doesn't seem to be shedding as much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ORIJEN and ACANA Empty
PostSubject: Re: ORIJEN and ACANA   ORIJEN and ACANA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ORIJEN and ACANA
Page 1 of 1