Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pit Bull or not

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Pit Bull or not Empty
PostSubject: Pit Bull or not   Pit Bull or not Icon_minitimeThu 15 Dec 2011, 10:51 am

So a lady in Hamilton, ON buys a dog off kijiji, seller tells her its a mix of bulldog lab. Dog gets out of her yard through no fault of hers S.P.C.A. picks up the dog and tells her she can't have it back till SHE proves it is NOT a pitbull. They won't let her visit cuz it upsets the dog!!! Weird.... Anyway some lady is offering to do a D.N.A. for free for her to help her get her dog back. I'll be listening to cfrb to get any updates on this.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Pit Bull or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pit Bull or not   Pit Bull or not Icon_minitimeThu 15 Dec 2011, 11:51 am

what happened to you prove it is,instead of making the gal prove it isn't

Keep us updated
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Pit Bull or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pit Bull or not   Pit Bull or not Icon_minitimeThu 15 Dec 2011, 11:58 am

Sadly, she didn't have to prove anything to anyone until the dog got out of her yard.
(not saying that was her fault as I don't know what happened)
That other woman is very kind to pay for the test.
I hope she gets her dog back.
Back to top Go down

Pit Bull or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pit Bull or not   Pit Bull or not Icon_minitimeThu 15 Dec 2011, 12:15 pm

Apparently some guy being chased by the cops broke through her fence that's how the dog got out.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Pit Bull or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pit Bull or not   Pit Bull or not Icon_minitimeThu 15 Dec 2011, 12:29 pm

I would think in a situation like that the dog should have just been returned to the woman.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

Pit Bull or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pit Bull or not   Pit Bull or not Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011, 5:59 pm

The way the BSL is worded the burden of proof lies on the owner to prove the dogs breed.

And they only take certain purebred registries, otherwise if the dog looks enough like a pit they are legally able to take the dog.

The ban is also being reviewed by the canadian government right now and might be overturned.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2011/12/16/19135201.html#/news/london/2011/12/16/pf-19135201.html

Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Pit Bull or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pit Bull or not   Pit Bull or not Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011, 8:28 pm

I am glad we don't have this ban in NB..I think these bans are BS!
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Pit Bull or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pit Bull or not   Pit Bull or not Icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011, 9:37 pm

They should ban assholes, never mind dogs. Problem is, we'd have no politicians left. :o
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Pit Bull or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pit Bull or not   Pit Bull or not Icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011, 11:04 pm

they need to punish the deed not the breed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pit Bull or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pit Bull or not   Pit Bull or not Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pit Bull or not
Page 1 of 1