Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Preschool rates

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Preschool rates Empty
PostSubject: Preschool rates   Preschool rates Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 12:06 pm

Okay this is a vent, plus it is something to get your thoughts on as well. I am in the process of writting a letter and making waves.. LOL.. Wait to you see my other thread I have to write.

SO our preschool is divided up into 2 semesters. Well, we received a letter this past thursday. The registration is for the new semester is this week.

They have more then doubled their fees. Now, I have no problem in increasing fees due to running a program. BUt I do have a problem with doubling their fees.

In there letter, they have said that they have struggled for several of years. I can understand this point. But why double the fees half way through the school year. WHy not discuss these issues at the beginning of the year during the parent meeting. They also did not say anything about beint in deficient of their budget. They said they wanted to be in comparable to other programs. Then they used the excuse that they should be inline with childcare. IMO this is not childcare. This is a program where my son goes 2 hours a day for 2 days a week.

They then use the new CHild tax benefit as one of their reasons. Parents can use this credit. My thoughts is.. if I get a raise then my mortgage should increase.

They also have force fundraising. What this means you don't have a choice to fundraise. They deem how much product you need to buy. SUch as a case of chocolate bars for 80 dollars. If you don't want the chocolate bars you have to provide them with a check for 70 dollars.

This program is run by a parent counsil, this has nothing to do with our school year. I wish that I became a part of the parent counsil.. but I wasn't sure if I could dedicate the time for this.

However, I have requested a copy of their budget. They were taken back by this. I also did say, that increasing fees and not given the parents enough time to make an educated choice was wrong. We are given less then a week. We have to say no, or our children our automatically registered.

It is a very good program, do not get me wrong. BUt as an ex project manager. I do understand budgets and forecasts. This is where my issues lies. After enrollment in august. They shouldve had their forecasts completed. If money was short, it shouldve of been brought to the parents attention then. And not less then a week prior to registration. If they have been struggling this shouldve of been addressed in the parent meeting in august. In august they were not in the red for their budget. They had a surplus from last year. So I do not understand. THe rents in the classroom have not changed. The enrollment this year for this program has increased by 30 percent as they had to add 2 more classes.

So what are your thoughts.... I am in the process of writting a letter. ( they still haven't given me a copy of the budget)

Thanks...
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

Preschool rates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preschool rates   Preschool rates Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 6:56 pm

I am sure they have a budget like all schools.

I can't see how they can raise their rates now when they were fine 4 months ago.

Doesn't seem right to me.

Maybe if you all protest and throw a bitch...what are they going to do about it?
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Preschool rates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preschool rates   Preschool rates Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 8:21 pm

Mini wrote:
It is a very good program, do not get me wrong. BUt as an ex project manager. I do understand budgets and forecasts. This is where my issues lies. After enrollment in august. They shouldve had their forecasts completed. If money was short, it shouldve of been brought to the parents attention then. And not less then a week prior to registration. If they have been struggling this shouldve of been addressed in the parent meeting in august. In august they were not in the red for their budget. They had a surplus from last year. So I do not understand. THe rents in the classroom have not changed. The enrollment this year for this program has increased by 30 percent as they had to add 2 more classes.

Definitely send them a letter requesting a copy of their budget, and make the other parents aware of this. If they're taking their sweet time getting you a copy of this, it sounds like someone or some people are mismanaging the money, and trying to cover it up. If you don't receive a copy, I would not register your son for the next semester. There are things that to me just don't add up, one being forced fundraising. Never heard of that or having to fork out more money because you choose not to sell a minimum amount of chocolate bars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Preschool rates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preschool rates   Preschool rates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Preschool rates
Page 1 of 1