Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BBE ~ from the Isolated Blurps

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

BBE ~ from the Isolated Blurps Empty
PostSubject: BBE ~ from the Isolated Blurps   BBE ~ from the Isolated Blurps Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 1:05 am

Julio, Arriba and Cailleach are doing mighty fine, thanks for asking. Can't resist the urge to join in on the theme of sometimes wanting to tell people to fuck off...there I said it...lol. CKC is dicking around as usual on their tardiness...I'm a tad pissed at them. Sent my membership fee at the first of the year and all I received back from them so far was a receipt for the fee and no number needed to enter the shows I had planned on...grrrrrr...the first one is this weekend coming up and we won't be there as without the documents required I'm waiting for so I couldn't enter. I can pay a $5.00 entry fee (I think) to show up as an "exhibitor only" if they are offering a doggy eye doctor for the CERF eye test needed though. FFS Arriba championed "last year at this time" and we still haven't got the paperwork back from CKC of verification we were supposed to get.

I do think we have found the perfect considered matches for Arriba for her future offspring provided all the other health testing goes well for her. I know so many people think Westminster shows are a joke after that "Pedigree Dogs Exposed" that so many watched but the two candidates considered are the offspring of winners at that show and international champions. As most everyone knows all dogs have faults and IMO Arriba has a longer back than I would like to see in her offspring I would like to produce even though she championed really fast, as in no contest, but to me improving the breed means to correct slight flaws so I am only interested in shorter coupled sires. There's really nothing wrong with her conformation according to breed standard, she's fully within the range and their backs have to be longer than their wither height. One boy in particular I am really interested in using, stud fee is a big one, but he's produced many champion dogs and he's short in the back. Health test need to be done first but shopping for boys has been interesting...lots of time left to decide. :!:
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: BBE ~ from the Isolated Blurps   BBE ~ from the Isolated Blurps Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2011, 11:48 pm

Don't blame you for being pissed at CKC. Hopefully they get off their butts and get your paperwork to you, so you won't miss any other shows. I love watching Westminster, though I'm lost when it comes to other breeds breed standards. I can imagine researching for the perfect match stud can give you a migraine. Whatever dog you choose for stud for Arriba, they are going to produce some beautiful puppies.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: BBE ~ from the Isolated Blurps   BBE ~ from the Isolated Blurps Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011, 1:01 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Don't blame you for being pissed at CKC. Hopefully they get off their butts and get your paperwork to you, so you won't miss any other shows. I love watching Westminster, though I'm lost when it comes to other breeds breed standards. I can imagine researching for the perfect match stud can give you a migraine. Whatever dog you choose for stud for Arriba, they are going to produce some beautiful puppies.

A migraine for sure and I sure hope for some really good pupsters in the future. I look at color last but both these boys are black and I love black dogs, never know what one will get from a litter as Reebees dam is mostly white. Likely they could be more like the Julio. Anyways...the CKC....grrrrr. Thought I could be a smart ass and phone for the number but that didn't work nor did the online contacting them. Seems they only have options for "members only" that can contact them...FFS...to access your membership you need the dam number I am waiting for. LOL...the trip to the mailbox daily is getting frustrating, never anything for ME.

I did the stupidest thing...the handling classes I was so excited about back in November have never happened and keep getting put off as the instructor is so busy showing he has hired other handlers to show in places he can't be at so I did home training for the Competitive obedience classes. Laugh your ass off...I am really a right hand side person and after decades of showing horses which are always on your right side I had been training these guys to work on the right. Ah Utube... a month ago I was watching vids and saw the dogs were on the left, thought...that must be US showing practice but looked specifically at Canadian vids and realised I was doing it all wrong.

Apparently I can't read either as it specifically says...dogs on the left. I must have read that 20 times before I started and missed it completely previously. They have switched to the left but "I" haven't adjusted well I still almost always hang the treat bag on my right side before we start training and often don't notice "I" am doing things wrong until I see them where they are on my left where they are supposed to be. Old habits are hard to break, gads I hope I don't mess up when we finally do get to a few shows. It's important to me to get some working dog titles before I breed even though my breed is a companion dog basically but with the horses it was my goal so like I said old habits are hard to break. Bwahaha..sadly so far my dogs are smarter than I am when it comes down to who pays attention and they can't read either. Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: BBE ~ from the Isolated Blurps   BBE ~ from the Isolated Blurps Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011, 10:47 pm

LOL ... Pooper, are you left handed? I notice that some of the dog handlers in the beginner's obedience classes, who favour having their dog in the heel position on the right, tend to be left handed.

I had to train my dog to heel on left and right, as I live in a neighbourhood where there are no sidewalks. Just narrow gravel strips on the sides of the road, and for when I train for tricks in freestyle. Makes coming up with a routine easier when the dog can heel on the left and right side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BBE ~ from the Isolated Blurps   BBE ~ from the Isolated Blurps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BBE ~ from the Isolated Blurps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Pets and Animals :: Dogs-
Jump to: