Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Petzlife Oral Products

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Petzlife Oral Products Empty
PostSubject: Petzlife Oral Products   Petzlife Oral Products Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 12:49 am

Here's the link...

http://www.petzlife.com/catalog/oral-care-products.html?limit=15

What do you think of the information supplied :?:
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Petzlife Oral Products   Petzlife Oral Products Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 10:46 am

Hmmm, sounds too good to be true. If it actually works like they say and is safe I'd be buying it myself.

They do list the natural ingredients, but what I would want to see is the order and % of each.

Also.......just like those 'lose fat/inches' pics.....doctored/blurred/over exposed comparison shots in most cases.

And it's taken this long to be discovered?

I'm too old and too skeptical
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Petzlife Oral Products   Petzlife Oral Products Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 1:06 pm

Tank uses his deer antler, it really does clear up plaque. I wish I had thought to take before and after shots, but I've noticed a difference.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Petzlife Oral Products   Petzlife Oral Products Icon_minitimeSat 08 Jan 2011, 12:24 am

My dogs ignore deer antlers oddly, even the boy. I was gungho to try this stuff but the only retailer in Canada is in Ontario. I e-mailed the manufacturer in the US and he offered me a 20% discount to help with the shipping. FFSakes even with the help the total is $43.00 for 8 ounces shipping included. Can't be shipped snail mail as it has to be refrigerated so needs to be flown. I hate paying more for shipping than the cost of a product. I'm nervous about what happens when it hits customs as I got a nasty surprise when I bought soap mold making materials from California that retailed for 24 bucks but it was taxed at the border and it cost $125.00 in total when it arrived. I really want to try it though. I have friends in the US that swear it works as well as promoted... :!:
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Petzlife Oral Products   Petzlife Oral Products Icon_minitimeSat 08 Jan 2011, 1:09 am

pooperscooper wrote:
I have friends in the US that swear it works as well as promoted... :!:

I'll have to check that out, see if there are any pet supply stores locally that sell this, and try some next month (curious to see how it works).

Pooper, I just checked their retailer site and they do sell it in Alberta.

http://www.petzlife.com/retailers/retailers/Alberta.php
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Petzlife Oral Products   Petzlife Oral Products Icon_minitimeSat 08 Jan 2011, 1:28 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
pooperscooper wrote:
I have friends in the US that swear it works as well as promoted... :!:

I'll have to check that out, see if there are any pet supply stores locally that sell this, and try some next month (curious to see how it works).

Pooper, I just checked their retailer site and they do sell it in Alberta.

http://www.petzlife.com/retailers/retailers/Alberta.php

Great, the retail store I clicked on that's really close to one of my horse boarders office sells a similar product Leba 3 that my US buddies also liked...I will buy that one and you get the petzlife and we will compair. Dammit you did way better than I did searching for this stuff...Yay! 👍
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Petzlife Oral Products   Petzlife Oral Products Icon_minitimeSat 08 Jan 2011, 2:23 pm

Pooper, the sad thing is when I was looking for the stuff for Ontario, the closest retail store is an hour and half drive from me. You would think there would be retailers in my city.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Petzlife Oral Products   Petzlife Oral Products Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 1:30 am

Not getting the Leba 3...found a source for the petzlife I think. Have to call in the morning but if they have it will be great as I need loads of other stuff from there. Whoohoo.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Petzlife Oral Products   Petzlife Oral Products Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 10:25 am

I might try the Leba 3 in a few weeks. I think I saw it in one of the pet supply stores in the city.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Petzlife Oral Products   Petzlife Oral Products Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jan 2011, 1:26 am

Finally made the trek to town and got my Petzlife...really excited to see if it works as well as they claim. Also bought some grain free Now brand dog food after much ingredient searching decided to try this brand. Both better not disappoint me...$200.78 for two items...frig I though Origin was pricey. Took the plunge as they will take back the dog food if I/the dogs don't like it and reimburse me...err hubby. He is really good about my whims with the critters and never bitches about our choices on money spent on the animals, I'm so lucky to have found him. Sounding like Mini again>>>

Crap...he volunteered to take the tractor out this afternoon when we got home to plow, yet again, the field for me and the dogs to have a decent path in this shit load of snow and got stuck, really stuck. Hours later with much swearing and a tad of digging "Tibor" finally broke free. Yes we have names for our farm equipment...and I think she was called bitch a few times...lol.

Unfortunately it was way too late when he working on getting unstuck to have any time afore dark for me to go back home and get the dogs, I left him and went to tend the horses. Come home and tell him what a great husband he is and how I have to run to take the dogs out "right now" because tis their poop time. Oh "Shit"...my fault because I left them behind because I had to do stable chores. He tells me not to hurry as he came home to a poopie on the floor in the house. How very humbling for me with my always statements that my dogs are soooo very well house trained. Sigh, I'm a bad pet owner...he picked it up and left it in the toilet for me to see it, not cause he was mad but because he knows I always inspect poop so he saved it for me. I'm anal...lol...about what goes in and what comes out. Man is well trained and dogs not as well house broke as I claim it seems. Shit happens...never will I mention that he ran over my replacement spruce tree for the one that died that I was babying all summer. Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Petzlife Oral Products   Petzlife Oral Products Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jan 2011, 9:29 am

I've heard good things about Petzlife but haven't used it yet. We've always just given our dogs raw bones and their teeth have been great. Unfortunately, Hector was our main carnivore, Holly never really cared for raw food all that much (too much work? Who knows) but she ate it because she didn't want Hector getting it, LOL. Now that he's gone she just nabs a turkey neck and wants to save it for... gosh, who knows how long. NOT acceptable to drag it all over the house, it stays on the mat or in the crate. So no raw bones in the winter until I get a commercial grinder or.... we wait for spring. Besides, now that we have Millie, big chunks of meat and bone are just not going to work with the "three-tooth-wonder-girl".

Anyway, the only thing that bothers me about the ad for Petzlife is that I find it a little bit misleading. Just add it to the water and "voila", clean teeth? Sure, that might work if your dog has pearly whites to begin with. Most people start looking for these tools when they notice their pet's teeth are looking a little groady. Petzlife will soften/loosen plaque and tartar, but it won't chip it off, you still need to brush your dog's teeth.

If you still have to brush anyway, may as well buy some decent enzymatic toothpaste and/or toss them a turkey neck every once in a while. I'll have to do a price comparison on that thought.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Petzlife Oral Products   Petzlife Oral Products Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 2:04 am

UnhingedMom wrote:
I've heard good things about Petzlife but haven't used it yet. We've always just given our dogs raw bones and their teeth have been great. Unfortunately, Hector was our main carnivore, Holly never really cared for raw food all that much (too much work? Who knows) but she ate it because she didn't want Hector getting it, LOL. Now that he's gone she just nabs a turkey neck and wants to save it for... gosh, who knows how long. NOT acceptable to drag it all over the house, it stays on the mat or in the crate. So no raw bones in the winter until I get a commercial grinder or.... we wait for spring. Besides, now that we have Millie, big chunks of meat and bone are just not going to work with the "three-tooth-wonder-girl".

Anyway, the only thing that bothers me about the ad for Petzlife is that I find it a little bit misleading. Just add it to the water and "voila", clean teeth? Sure, that might work if your dog has pearly whites to begin with. Most people start looking for these tools when they notice their pet's teeth are looking a little groady. Petzlife will soften/loosen plaque and tartar, but it won't chip it off, you still need to brush your dog's teeth.

If you still have to brush anyway, may as well buy some decent enzymatic toothpaste and/or toss them a turkey neck every once in a while. I'll have to do a price comparison on that thought.

My older dog is the one I am hoping to see some improvement with, her teeth aren't really bad but have some plaque and the others are youngsters with pearly whites. You don't add it to water but place it directly on the teeth and have to withhold water and food for a minimum of 1/2 hour before and after applying. It's only day 2 so of course I'm not sold on it so far. I'll give it 6 weeks and then decide it it's as good as they claim. twitch
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Petzlife Oral Products   Petzlife Oral Products Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 3:07 am

pooperscooper wrote:
UnhingedMom wrote:

My older dog is the one I am hoping to see some improvement with, her teeth aren't really bad but have some plaque and the others are youngsters with pearly whites. You don't add it to water but place it directly on the teeth and have to withhold water and food for a minimum of 1/2 hour before and after applying. It's only day 2 so of course I'm not sold on it so far. I'll give it 6 weeks and then decide it it's as good as they claim. twitch

Oh for pity's sake, I was thinking of the other stuff, LOL. Still not quite sure how that's going to work though, update us in a few weeks, will you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petzlife Oral Products   Petzlife Oral Products Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Petzlife Oral Products
Page 1 of 1