Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic Empty
PostSubject: WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic   WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 1:47 pm

This has been the biggest story in the headlines lately. What are your thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic   WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 2:47 pm

I think that heads are going to roll
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic   WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 3:08 pm

I'm on the fence with whether the WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange face charges over leaks. When it comes to the reports posted online about the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, I think he should. Now I realize it's not top classified information but still enough to put the troops at war. I'm not concerned with the government as I am with those serving in the military (whether it be in the U.S. or Canada).
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic   WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 10:17 pm

Okay can someone give me the low down.. I pleed ignornance in reference to any news value. I tried googling.. and way too much reading... lol
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic   WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 11:03 pm

Mini wrote:
Okay can someone give me the low down.. I pleed ignornance in reference to any news value. I tried googling.. and way too much reading... lol

I'll try give the abridged version. LOL

WikiLeaks is a whistle blowers site, the publishes leaked documents on site of government and corporate misconduct. The site owner of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange (an Australian) got a hold of some confidential but not top level security U.S. government documents and published them on his site.

Now in these documents, some things were not damaging but embarrassing. Things the U.S. government said about Kings and Presidents of other countries. But there were some documents that IMO could fuel the fire even more in the middle east. In one of the documents but I haven't been able to find (haven't looked really) online is where the King of Saudi Arabia is putting pressure on the U.S. government to go after Iran, because of the nuclear program. Another document published, talks about an alleged Yemeni government cover-up. Where Yemen’s President states to US General David Petraeus that his government would “continue saying the bombs are ours, not yours”. Referring to some missile strikes that took place in the South of Yemen.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic   WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 11:16 pm

Holy Hanna.. are these people idiots... they are worse then our members of parliament.

When will people realize that we are our own worst enemy- all of this for a buck and who cares the after effects of said actions.....

Alas- freedom of speech comes to play- but that same freedom may send us into another ww III if we "westerners" I know he isn't from the western. But countries which thrive on stuff like this- few all free nations as "westerners"
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic   WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 11:29 pm

A link that describes it better than what I could ever word it:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/29/wikileaks.reaction/index.html?hpt=T2

Mini, I fear if things don't settle between North and South Korea, that we will be heading towards a WW III.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic   WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 11:30 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
A link that describes it better than what I could ever word it:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/29/wikileaks.reaction/index.html?hpt=T2

Mini, I fear if things don't settle between North and South Korea, that we will be heading towards a WW III.

That I do know and am watching that a little more closer... I don't think this world is ready for another war. It isn't like it used to be. Where it is fought soley with men and woman and guns... I don't think any of us are ready for what can happen if things don't calm down.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic   WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010, 9:45 am

I have never even looked...I'm kind of nervous about peeking. If we even access it at work we would probably be in trouble so I stay away.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic   WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010, 9:48 am

As a civilian I'm afraid to look so I can understand your fear Mousey.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic   WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010, 11:08 am

Mousey (Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:45 am) wrote:
I have never even looked...I'm kind of nervous about peeking. If we even access it at work we would probably be in trouble so I stay away.

In a news article, they were saying that at some jobs (I'm assuming government jobs) employees could get in big time trouble if they go onto the wikileaks site.

Though I will admit, I'm curious to know what the government is up to with our tax dollars, not at the risk of costing the Canadian & U.S. military troops their lives.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic   WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WikiLeaks - Share your thoughts on this topic
Page 1 of 1