Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attention BBE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Attention BBE Empty
PostSubject: Attention BBE   Attention BBE Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 1:03 am

I know somewhere between forums we belong to you posted a thread with a print out for courses. I'm looking for the Rally O in Canada for CKC but I'm only finding the CARO ones, are they the same? Need a start to finish Novice course for CKC and the rules. I am not a google master. Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Attention BBE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention BBE   Attention BBE Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 3:07 pm

The steps in the CARO signs are the same as the CKC Rally. The only difference I've been told is that CARO is very hard, if you can do the CARO competitions and do well in them, then the CKC one is a breeze. Mainly hard because the judges are extremely tough on the judging. In CARO competitions though, they allow you to bring treats in the ring but they can only be given as a reward and not to be used as a lure. If it's used as a lure, I think it's a disqualification. Also you can't treat rewards after every obstacle, only 2 to 3 times I think. Not sure as I've never actually done one except for in class.

Her's the link to the rally signs. Even though it's a CARO link, the obstacles are the same in CKC rally.

http://www.canadianrallyo.ca/forms_signs.shtml

ETA: To bad you didn't live near by, it would be neat to see your Havs doing rally.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Attention BBE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention BBE   Attention BBE Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 12:00 am

Thanks yet again BBE. Maybe mom will tag along and take more vids...lol...and tell us what we are doing wrong. Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Attention BBE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention BBE   Attention BBE Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 9:45 am

pooperscooper wrote:
Thanks yet again BBE. Maybe mom will tag along and take more vids...lol...and tell us what we are doing wrong. Smile

:lol:
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Attention BBE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention BBE   Attention BBE Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 11:23 pm

Pooper, I lied but not intentionally. lol In Rally class, I walked in and noticed the signs were a little different. I questioned the instructor and she was telling me that they are the AKC signs (same as the signs used in the CKC). So I asked her where she downloaded them from and she said the AKC site.

Here's the link:

http://www.akc.org/pdfs/events/rally/new_rally_signs_2007.pdf

http://www.gincummings.com/exercisedescriptions.pdf

Only problem is that they do not have as many signs on their site like CARO does.

http://www.akc.org/pdfs/about/board_minutes/Rally_Regulations.pdf

Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Attention BBE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention BBE   Attention BBE Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 11:29 pm

Thank You once again BBE. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Attention BBE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention BBE   Attention BBE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attention BBE
Page 1 of 1