Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quirks- you all have them

Go down 
+6
Boston
yorkiemom
Mousey
BigBrownEyes29
MikaKeara
Mini
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Quirks- you all have them Empty
PostSubject: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 2:51 pm

some of my quirks are:

I hate socks.. Hate them. THe only time I wear socks is in my cowboy boots. Or when it is -30 outside in my work boots..

I go through alot of sneakers... LOL.. I could live in sandals.....

Some of my other quirks..... is making beds. ( I know it is bad- even more so with a military man- who has different opinions)

I hate making beds. What is the point. You are just going to mess it up in a little while. I do throw the sheets up and the comforter back on.... But to make it all neat and tidy.. hmmm Nope..
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
MikaKeara
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
MikaKeara

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 8:11 pm

I used to hate socks till I realise I stink bad when I wear none in shoes..lol

Another quirk is.. im not sure if it is, I am not very lady like.. haha! I dont wear heels (can't do it, dont know how), no makeup if Im at home, pony tail most of the time and not always proper LOL

Another thing that annoys the hell out of my fiancee is the house needs to be spotless before I go on with my day. Vaccum, dusting, beds, dishes.. I hate coming home to a dirty house!
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 8:28 pm

:lol: I can write a novel on my quirks, I have a lot but am also very anal.

* I sleep with the tv on.

* Wearing shoes in the house or having company come over and not taking off their shoes.

* Don't take any food or drinks in the bathroom.

* Don't like anyone sitting on my pillows (not even myself).

* I also have to sleep under a comforter, regardless of the weather.

* People who don't wash their hands prior to handling food. Whether it's their own food or someone else's. I am constantly washing my hands, even after petting my pets.

* Human hair or pet hair anywhere in the kitchen.

* When I go to public restrooms and after i wash my hands, I use that towel to open the door.

* I love to eat hamburg and steaks, on the rare occassion but can't stand the smell of them being cooked in the house.

* Don't like my personal space being invaded. I have a co-worker who will talk to you with her face right up in yours. I had to mention to her one day that she was invading my personal space and to respect the 2 foot rule when talking to me. She forgets sometimes but we can laugh at it, and she steps back to give me space.

* One majorly irritating thing that really annoys me. At work, people who come to talk to you or are talking by your desk and feel the need to sit on my desk. Go get your arse a chair, my desk isn't one.

* Don't like being in large crowds.

* I don't like to clean anything (wipe up spills, clean the counter, etc.) with the same towels I take a bath with. I keep a separate set of towels just for cleaning.

* I don't like for servers to reach over me when placing food on the table.

* If I leave a opened bottle of water on my desk, and leave for the day, I will not drink it when I return.

* I don't like to eat at buffets.

* No one is allowed to go into my purse......not even my silly kittens the one time they were sniffing for a pack of gum in my purse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 9:27 pm

⭐

Last edited by Dinkers on Thu 26 Nov 2009, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 9:36 pm

I Know I have lots but can't think of a lot right now

-I need my personal space
-I hate clutter
-I hate people hovering over me while I work
-I can't sleep without my little pillow
-I hate people constantly asking me if I'm o.k. because I'm not talking. I don't talk if I have nothing to say.
-Hate pet hair on furniture (I will not sit down)
-I get stressed if my house is dirty
Back to top Go down
MikaKeara
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
MikaKeara

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 9:43 pm

haha..

Im the same, I have my towels to us, and cleaning towels..

I hate drinking out of Anyones drinks.. Its grosses me out.

I hate talking on the phone, I'd rather text.

I will not use the public washroom either unless I really really have to.

I MUST take a shower every morning, if not I dont feel good, and will not go anywhere.

I hate people that talk in my face.. Please back up!!

I absolutly hate rude people. Can't stand them, and lose all respect.

I dont really get people that dislike animals.. Its weird to me.. LOL
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 9:49 pm

oh i hate talking the phone too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 10:21 pm

I hate mouth breathers.... I mean for no good reason, they have this slak jaw thing going on... wtf ?

Public washrooms, would rather go in the bush.

My food touching ..... except gravy

I hate close talkers and touchers. I hear you, and you do not need to touch me to speak.

People that want to talk only about themselves, thinking that no one else in the world matters.

Narrow-minded or blind thinking. Judgemental buffoons who know shit but feel the need to spout off about everything and anything. + add people that use big words but have no clue what they mean.

Conceited look at me attitudes, shallowness.

Picky or itchy clothing.

The sound of someones teeth scraping their fork - drives me nuts.

I dislike people who try to make themselves look good by putting everyone else down. Ladder climbers, and bottom feeders.

I should stop now - but thank you, I feel better.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 12:44 am

-------------------------------------

Last edited by yorkiemom on Sat 28 Nov 2009, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 12:53 am

- Must have a clock on my side of the bed

- Always flip my pillow to the cold side

- Food on my plate cannot touch

- can't stand biting apples instead of cutting them

- Socks

- Dislike people eating off my plate

- Hate people reading over my shoulder

- Must sit on the left side of the couch

- Must sleep on the left side of the bed

- I hate closet doors being open

- Can't stand candles.

I'm sure I'll think of more but that is all I've got for now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 7:22 am

I hate socks. I think they are evil. I don't wear them not even in boots or -30 temperatures. (I spray my feet with deodorant.)

I hate pet hair in my kitchen. I am constantly cleaning and washing the counters for that very reason. I even put all the dogs outside when I am cooking.

I am obsessed with washing my hands and teeth. I will wash my hands so much they are sore some days (especially at work or out in public)

Toothpaste makes me gag.

I wont touch a shopping cart with my hands. My husband automatically pushes the cart.

I cannot stand a messy house. I will get up to clean before work. Even though I am aware I will have to do it all over again when I get home.

I wash my floors about 3 times a day. I use bleach. Must have to do with my whole bare feet thing.

I will change a litter box 2 or 3 times a day because I can't stand the smell.

I don't like cups of anything....juice coffee. I like lids or cans(I even have plastic lids for my cans of pop. If it doesn't have one and I don't drink immediately I throw it out. I always wonder if something went in it.

I have an issue with fingernails. When I see someone with long ones. I know how many germs are under them. I get grossed out if I know they are cooking for me. I can't watch them touch the food. I keep mine filed all the time.

I hate feeling lazy. If I spend an evening on the couch or lazying around. I feel unaccomplished and like a big blob. I have to go outside and do something or clean something. I have to be active.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 8:26 am

Anyone notice a pattern ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 8:43 am

Lily wrote:

We are all nuts and suffer from OCD? Cause that's rude Lily. Grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 8:53 am

Lily wrote:

OMG .............Started reading and was like dang there are People like me .

Is this where we all end up ? You know most of the world doesn't understand why we are the way we are . LOL

It made me feel like someone had read my Diary !

Ditto on all except the socks I wear them but have a plastic bag to change if they get sweaty .

Also will not get in my truck until I use Hand Sanitizer keep it in the door.

Oh and I wont flush the toilet with the lid open makes me upset if some one uses mine and I notice they left the lid up . The whole bathroom has to be cleaned when they leave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 9:49 am

You forgot ...... :nutbar:

...sometimes it isn't easy being nice, just embrace me for I am just like you.. Oh lookie, time for my meds !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:17 pm

Lily stole my emote. tantrum

We are now in an official forum fight. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:26 pm

Oh fine take it back ... I really am waiting to use this one .... :cunt: < who is this for ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:28 pm

Lily wrote:
Oh fine take it back ... I really am waiting to use this one .... :cunt: < who is this for ??

That's Boston...ummmm I mean Boston's emote.

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 12:12 am

A couple items I saw and should have added to my original list are:

Don't like to drink from plastic cups, it has to be glass, bottle, or can. Can't drink coffee from a thick porcelain mug, it has to be thin. If I go to a restaurant and I see they have plastic cups to serve drinks in, I pass on the drinks.

I also wash my hands so many times per day that in winter they are extremely raw and dry. No amount of lotion can help.

Even if I take a shower before I go to bed, I have to take one in the morning before I go to work. Otherwise I just don't feel clean and can't work.

When I go grocery shopping I like to pack my own groceries, I have a system with the way I want them packed, and when the packer does not do it the way I would, I get irritated. But don't say anything to the person packing my groceries, after I pay for them I re-arrange them the way I like them to be. It can be quite insulting to the person who just took their time thinking they were helping me to pack them.

When grocery shopping, I don't like to place anything, not even my purse in the seat part of the cart. Kids in their poopy diapers have been sitting in that part of the cart. Even though my stuff is in bags, it's still disgusting.
Back to top Go down
MikaKeara
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
MikaKeara

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 12:27 am

BBE, I think you may have some OCD..lol. haha.. I totally have it..

Seriosuly, I have 2 huskies, and If I see fluff it drives me insane. Ask anyone that comes to visit, they cant beleive how clean it is.. or how it really doesnt show that I have 2 dogs and a cat. My place doesnt smell like animals, or cat litter.. When I go to bed, my place needs to be tidy.. I think it comes from my mom. She used to clean, and clean, and clean. She also used to iron anything including bedding.

My dishes have to be rinsed clean, before I put them in the soapy water. I dont do dishes when my water is filled with food. Thats gross to me.

If I have the option of a glass or pop can at the restaurant, ill take the can, and wont empty it in the glass...

I must take a shower in the morning too.. even if I took one late at night. I just cant do it!!

My car.. has to be clean. Cant stand a dirty car..

My white clothes HAS to be white. I hate when it looks yellow, or grey.. I seperate my laundry.. White, blacks, darks, and lights.. And towels are done alone..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 6:59 am

I feel soooooo much better about my OCD. Grin

Mika, seriously, how do you keep the dog smell out? I bath four of my dogs every month (except the fifth one, she's not a fan of baths). I vacuum daily, frebreeze, even those automatic air fresheners....nothing. My house still smells like dog. I even thrown out furniture every 6 months cause I can't take the smell.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 8:28 am

Hate socks

Hate making beds

Love a fresh made bed (this is where the conflict comes in )

Need fresh air (window open at night all year)

Need to feel comfortable in what I'm wearing
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 8:51 am

When I wear my uniform my left pants pocket is for my keys (always in the left pocket) and in my right pocket my chapstick ,lighter and memory stick, spare change always. If I am missing something from my pocket I feel "off" also i must wear a watch everyday or i feel naked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 8:54 am

Mousey wrote:
When I wear my uniform my left pants pocket is for my keys (always in the left pocket) and in my right pocket my chapstick ,lighter and memory stick, spare change always. If I am missing something from my pocket I feel "off" also i must wear a watch everyday or i feel naked.

HA HA HA My left pocket is for my keys too. I never put anything else in the pocket with my keys. If I am wearing jeans my bank card goes in my back pocket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 9:04 am

Leighvitalone wrote:
I feel soooooo much better about my OCD. Grin

Mika, seriously, how do you keep the dog smell out? I bath four of my dogs every month (except the fifth one, she's not a fan of baths). I vacuum daily, frebreeze, even those automatic air fresheners....nothing. My house still smells like dog. I even thrown out furniture every 6 months cause I can't take the smell.

I use Murphys Oil soap to clean with keeps a clean fresh smell in the house . I vacuum the furniture and wipe it down with a damp rag with the Murphys oil soap 1 -2 times a week .
Works really good for me . Never had any luck with ferbreeze .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quirks- you all have them   Quirks- you all have them Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quirks- you all have them
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: