Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Girl on girl action

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Girl on girl action Empty
PostSubject: Girl on girl action   Girl on girl action Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 12:15 am

We seemingly are having perhaps a domination thingy going on. The girls are guaranteed not in heat and the boy has no interest in them. Started off with a clue when Arriba refused to eat after a really quite innocent, my take, a few days ago when I fed them in the same room same as always. Cailleach gave a low growl and Arriba went flat on the ground and refused to eat. Have been feeding them separately and with no Cailleach in the room Arriba eats her feed. It's humpty bumpty with both of them mounting each other, no aggression just big tongues and thirsty dogs. Between the hump fests they sleep together, well next to each other as usual, rest and go back to having "at er" which is unusual. Pissing contest big time, Julio does participate in these but he always has. My mom's very dominant female has also started in on this hump fest but both of mine snap at her...apparently she's not invited.

What's going on? I would blame hormones if it was an "in heat" issue but it's not...although I am still leaning towards either hormones or whose the dominate female in the house contest. :?:
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Girl on girl action   Girl on girl action Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 1:28 am

First question.. Could they becoming into heat soon? I have also found even before the evidence presents itself. Hormones are way out of wack... and they do some crazy things.........

But it could be a dominate thing..

I mean my keeshound tries to be dominate with everything and anything. I truly mean every thing. The pugs, the cats, the goat, dogs 4 times bigger then he is. I am waiting for the day he tries with a horse.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Girl on girl action   Girl on girl action Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 9:01 am

Like Mini mentioned, they could be coming into heat soon. Another thing that might be causing this is if Arriba is reaching adolescence (1 to 2 year stage) or just coming out of the adolescent stage. Cailleach might be thinking because Arriba is maturing, that she is trying to challenge her to be head of the pack. This is usually when the battle for dominance kicks in.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Girl on girl action   Girl on girl action Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 9:09 am

I have kind of been struggling with this myself with the pugs

Of course they are older and spayed but every since we got violet I can no longer feed them together, we never had issues before but now no way there is an instant fight.

But like yours they sleep together/clean each other but there are more and more fights and dominant displays.

If we take one of the pugs with us (in the car or for a walk by themselves) the more dominant pug will attack as they are re introduced, lasts for a few seconds then licking and they are best friends again. If something startles them the more dominant pug will attack.

Same when we let them outside in the morning, there is growling, displaying for a few minutes then its ok. Its like anytime there is any excitement it gets redirected.

we actually got vibrating barking collars to see if that would startle them enough to stop and it seems to be working so far (the collar vibrates when they growl/bark) so it gets their attention but I am baffled as well.

Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Girl on girl action   Girl on girl action Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 10:39 am

Good to know I'm not the only one with weird girls. Arriba was in heat in August so that's why it ruled out hormones. There so far is no actual fighting just growls, no curled lips or snapping at each other. They have always gotten along. True Arriba is growing up, she's 21 months old...maybe that is the issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girl on girl action   Girl on girl action Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Girl on girl action
Page 1 of 1