Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bump on Foot

Go down 
+9
kbullet
Kewl Chick
yorkiemom
HoodieCrow
mcpug
Mini
pooperscooper
BigBrownEyes29
Boston
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 9:33 pm

The puppers has been away for a few weeks and before he left he had what looked like a spider or insect bite on his foot. It didn't seem to be bothering him any, so my mom took him for the last two weeks and during that time it doubled in size. It's red, raised, and looks horrible. I'm terrified of what this might be. I'm calling to make an appointment as soon as the vet opens in the morning. Any ideas of what this could be? I don't think he's in any pain. He licks it about once a day when he looks at his foot and remembers that it's there. I'm of course thinking of the worse possible scenarios.

Bump on Foot DSCN7571

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 11:09 pm

Is it a soft lump or a hard lump when you touch it? Hopefully it's nothing serious.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 11:48 pm

Not sure...some unattractive appearing weird looking lumps and such can often be not much to worry about. Waiting to hear what your vets says. Hope it's just raw looking because he's licking it.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 12:40 am

It's fairly hard and I can move it around.

I'll keep you all posted when we get into the vet.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 1:11 am

It looks kind of cauliflower.. Now these are educated guesses...and I am not there...

Have you put any ointment on it recently.. when it first appeared was he licking it like crazy..

arggg can't remember that virus.. bosco had it on his face.. looks identical to your wound. Bosco's clearned up in about a month.... It is too late to phone my vet.... argg.. I wish I could remember..

Keep us posted
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 8:23 am

Mini wrote:
It looks kind of cauliflower.. Now these are educated guesses...and I am not there...

Have you put any ointment on it recently.. when it first appeared was he licking it like crazy..

arggg can't remember that virus.. bosco had it on his face.. looks identical to your wound. Bosco's clearned up in about a month.... It is too late to phone my vet.... argg.. I wish I could remember..

Keep us posted

your are talking about viral papiloma, I only know because Violet had it to but they only get it in the mouth/face.

We get lots of fosters with weird lumps and if it you can move it around thats a good sign, its probably nothing but they will not know what it is until you have it removed which if it is growing at such a rate probably should be removed.

Don't worry about it they are usually nothing serious.
Back to top Go down

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 8:55 am

My Shih Tzu has one similar on the top of his head, it just appeared one day. It is much smaller than your dogs Boston, if it gets bigger I'll get it checked out. He was just groomed and the groomer didn't mention it at all so I'm thinking (hoping) it's nothing.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 1:17 pm

They were able to fit an appointment in for him tomorrow at 5pm. I'll keep everyone posted. I know I won't get much sleep tonight worrying about him.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 4:26 pm

Boston wrote:
They were able to fit an appointment in for him tomorrow at 5pm. I'll keep everyone posted. I know I won't get much sleep tonight worrying about him.

Please do... I've been thinking about you guys for the past few days. I hope everything is ok.
Back to top Go down

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 6:03 pm

I just remembered my old mal had one just like that on the side of her face. They lanced it and put her on antibiotics for a week and she was fine. $100.00.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:11 pm

jamn53 wrote:
I just remembered my old mal had one just like that on the side of her face. They lanced it and put her on antibiotics for a week and she was fine. $100.00.

I'm hoping for that same scenario Jamn.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:12 pm

HoodieCrow wrote:
Boston wrote:

Please do... I've been thinking about you guys for the past few days. I hope everything is ok.

I'll post it here as soon as I know. Thanks for thinking of us.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 12:55 pm

Boston anything from the vet?
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 12:57 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
Boston anything from the vet?

Not yet. We go in at 5 today.

Last edited by Boston on Tue 19 Oct 2010, 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 1:03 pm

are you telling me I am a day ahead of myself? I suppose anything is possible :lol:
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 6:22 pm

We just got back from the vet and Harley is scheduled for surgery on Thursday. The vet believes it is a histiocytoma which is a benign skin tumor. Because of the placement of it on his foot, he recommended removal in case it grows as he won't have enough skin left to close the incision. Histiocytoma is actually the more positive of the two diagnosis we could have got as the other was a malignant mast cell tumor or melanoma. He doesn't believe he has cancer, thank goodness, but it is always a possibility so we are having the growth sent away to pathologists after its removal just in case.

Sad

Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 6:26 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Boston! I will be keeping you and Harley in my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 7:04 pm

Kewl Chick wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that Boston! I will be keeping you and Harley in my thoughts.

Thanks Kewl.
Back to top Go down

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 7:12 pm

Wishing you luck that it's not cancer.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 7:20 pm

Aww Boston, I know you are in a scary place sending you and harley positive thoughts that it is not cancer.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 7:29 pm

Thanks Jamn and Mini.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 7:42 pm

hopefully it is not cancer boston,we will be thinking about you and Harley
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 8:04 pm

Sad

I hope everything works out

It sucks having a sick pet
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 8:18 pm

No matter what the diagnosis.. I will be there for you.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 10:55 pm

Boston sending positive thoughts your way for both Harley and you. Thankfully you were observant and concerned enough to get him to the vet quickly. Prayers for a clear test and quick recovery........and peace of mind for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bump on Foot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bump on Foot   Bump on Foot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bump on Foot
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next