Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

halloween !! I can't wait

Go down 
+12
ivegotfleas1
HoodieCrow
Boston
smurry
Snitty
Mousey
horrid hounds
kbullet
pooperscooper
BigBrownEyes29
yorkiemom
mcpug
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

halloween !! I can't wait Empty
PostSubject: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 7:29 pm

Went to value village today to try and find some halloween stuff.......

One of my twins is a cowboy the other is scooby doo LMAO

apparently they thought violet should be a robot.....

halloween !! I can't wait 2aeze54

halloween is one of my favs, right after Christmas..... I am SO frigging excited!!!!
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 7:38 pm

I'm not sure Violet agrees LOL
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 9:49 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
I'm not sure Violet agrees LOL

+1 lol

I used to love Halloween when my kids were younger.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 11:55 pm

I still love halloween,hoping the weather holds out so we can do some decorating and have our halloween party again this year

The theme this year is witches and I have found some really cool stuff
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 12:32 am

yorkiemom wrote:
I still love halloween,hoping the weather holds out so we can do some decorating and have our halloween party again this year

The theme this year is witches and I have found some really cool stuff

It's the most wonderful time of the year... Smile Smile Smile What cool stuff have you found. lol!
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 6:48 am

I can't wait for Trin's halloween party and all the cute kids in their costumes.. and decorating my house!
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 8:56 am

I have found some really cool witches for inside and out,most of them move and their eyes light up.We found a cauldran that has a built in fogger,so that should be fun for the kids,

We don't have many kids that come anymore,but it is fun to entertain the ones that do.
Back to top Go down
horrid hounds
horrid hounds

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 1:49 pm

i wish halloween was as popular over here Sad

I am throwing a party...but not many places do much halloween cool stuff.

Wish i had bought tons of stuff back from the USA with me.

Do any of you know any good adult games could you suggest?
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 2:24 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
I have found some really cool witches for inside and out,most of them move and their eyes light up.We found a cauldran that has a built in fogger,so that should be fun for the kids,

We don't have many kids that come anymore,but it is fun to entertain the ones that do.

The past 14 years, my neighbourhood hasn't had that many kids around. This will be my youngest son's first year not trick or treating. I told him he's getting too old for that, that I would just buy some candy for him and his brother for home. He might go dress up and go to my sister's to hand out candy there.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 2:31 pm

Last year we had a small party and the older kids in the neighbor hood spent the night here watching scary movies and eating me into the poor house,I think we will probably do the same this year

they dress up and hand out the candy,it is fun for them and I enjoy decorating
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 3:59 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
Last year we had a small party and the older kids in the neighbor hood spent the night here watching scary movies and eating me into the poor house,I think we will probably do the same this year

they dress up and hand out the candy,it is fun for them and I enjoy decorating

I can handle my oldest child's friends coming over. My youngest child and his friends would drive me nuts. Couldn't do scary movies with them around, as they are sensitive to scary movies. My youngest would be sleeping with the light on for the next 3 months. My oldest, ever since he was little, he could always handle watching scary movies. Found that out when he was 6 years old, spent the night over my mom's for the weekend and she let him watch The Shining. Shocked

When I went to pick him up the next day, he said mom did you see that good movie on tv last night. I said no, what was it about (thinking some Disney show). Then he proceeds to tell me about this couple who take their son up to this haunted hotel in the mountains. Figured out from the tv guide, it was The Shining. lol
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 12:44 am

yorkiemom wrote:

Nice...I have a number of the eye light up props. Latest is a werewolf that sings. We don't get many kids any more here either. We used to really decorate and won many costume 1st prizes when we went out to the bars and such. The now adult kids are always into my cache for costumes still. For a few years I was hired to read Tarot cards but I didn't like working when everyone else was having way too much fun. We have been invited to get together with the coven members at the end of the month but with the dogs schedules and my early mornings it's hard to get away. They hoped to come here but having done that in the past they keep us up way too late. I am such a party Pooper... lol!
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 12:51 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Last year we had a small party and the older kids in the neighbor hood spent the night here watching scary movies and eating me into the poor house,I think we will probably do the same this year they dress up and hand out the candy,it is fun for them and I enjoy decorating I can handle my oldest child's friends coming over. My youngest child and his friends would drive me nuts. Couldn't do scary movies with them around, as they are sensitive to scary movies. My youngest would be sleeping with the light on for the next 3 months. My oldest, ever since he was little, he could always handle watching scary movies. Found that out when he was 6 years old, spent the night over my mom's for the weekend and she let him watch The Shining. Shocked

When I went to pick him up the next day, he said mom did you see that good movie on tv last night. I said no, what was it about (thinking some Disney show). Then he proceeds to tell me about this couple who take their son up to this haunted hotel in the mountains. Figured out from the tv guide, it was The Shining. lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 1:23 am

horrid hounds wrote:
i wish halloween was as popular over here Sad

I am throwing a party...but not many places do much halloween cool stuff.

Wish i had bought tons of stuff back from the USA with me.

Do any of you know any good adult games could you suggest?

I am shocked it's not popular in your area of England. I have friends that have flown over from Canada to attend Stonehenge for both Samhain and the winter solstice to meet with English coven members.

Adult games..hmmm...assumming by adult you are referring to adult refreshments my best idea is a scavenger hunt at the nearest cemetery if it's within walking distance. That's what I would do, there's so many cemetery's there it could be a blast. We did this one year and had teams that had to find stuff we had hid and gave them maps to hidden clues for them to find with a time limit of one hour or whatever time space you want to fill. Was a ton of fun but if you do this make sure everyone has flashlights. Our prizes while searching (since you did say adult) were canned adult hidden beverages for the first who found from the clues and the team winner prizes were T shirts that had skulls on them. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 8:59 am

It is a bit difficult here to find really nice halloween decorations as you all must remember not only do I live in tornado alley,I also live in the bibly belt

A coven party here would be so well hidden most of us would never know it was happening,if it was possible to go to one I would be there in a heartbeat to learn more
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 12:29 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
It is a bit difficult here to find really nice halloween decorations as you all must remember not only do I live in tornado alley,I also live in the bibly belt

A coven party here would be so well hidden most of us would never know it was happening,if it was possible to go to one I would be there in a heartbeat to learn more

Wow Yorkie, I had no idea that Kansas was so stuffy about halloween decor. I have friends in Kentucky that are witches and they also have mentioned that's a bible belt area too but it never dawned on me that it would be to the point that it would be hard to find things to use for decorations. Almost all covens keep their activities secret in all parts of the world.
We wouldn't want anyone to witness us sacrificing black cats and little children now would we. JOKE JOKE !!! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 12:41 pm

LOL pooper,I don't mind them sacrificing small children,but cats? Peta would not like that

I wish it were more open here,but it really isn't and although halloween stuff is not difficult in one sense to come up with,they are more into simply spider webs,witches and ghouls,there is little imagination when it comes to Halloween.sadly it is one of my favourite holidays so I comb ebay and other sites to try to find some unique things

The witch theme is a favourite of mine to do
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeSat 23 Oct 2010, 11:39 am

I love Halloween too!! My daughter still hasn't made up her mind (she has a tickle trunk full of costumes) my son is either going to be a tiger or a soldier. I wanted to be an inmate but the costumes at Walmart were too big.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeSat 23 Oct 2010, 11:50 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
yorkiemom wrote:

The past 14 years, my neighbourhood hasn't had that many kids around. This will be my youngest son's first year not trick or treating. I told him he's getting too old for that, that I would just buy some candy for him and his brother for home. He might go dress up and go to my sister's to hand out candy there.

I'm hoping this will be the year my kids give it up, they always claim they are too old right up until the last min then say one more year!

Oldest I'm not letting go out seeing he looks like an grown man out begging for food!
But seeing youngest at 13 is still the size of an 8-9 yr old if he wants i'll make his dad take him out for a few hours as it means free nibs and kitkats for me!! Lol

Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 11:21 pm

My daughter is going to be a princess and my son is going to be her knight in shining armor lol

halloween !! I can't wait 15g5ev
halloween !! I can't wait 219ub80
halloween !! I can't wait 301kpz7

I wanted to dress up for work but I have no clue what to dress up as and the costumes in Walmart are just awful. I'm going to check out Value village but if I can't find a decent costume then I won't bother. I wanted to try to win best costume but I can't think of a good one.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 11:46 pm

Very cute Smurry!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 10:47 am

They look adorable.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 12:39 pm

aww that's too cute Smurry!
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 12:59 pm

Aw, smurry... they are darling. <3
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 2:31 pm

Thanks guys, my daughters costume is actually a fairy costume.....SSHhhhhh don't tell her that. lol. She also may not be too happy she has to wear long sleeve clothes under it and depending on the weather maybe a jacket over top!

I decided what I'm going to be since I work that day ...I'm going as Fiona from Shrek. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: halloween !! I can't wait   halloween !! I can't wait Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

halloween !! I can't wait
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next