Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie

Go down 
+2
BigBrownEyes29
tootles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tootles
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
tootles

Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Empty
PostSubject: Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie   Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 6:52 pm

For the last two weeks I have been suffering with asthma attacks just about everyday. I can't sleep at night because as soon as I lay down I can't breathe. Using my puffers everyday/night and still in lots of pain. So I went to the ER. After Xrays and blood tests, doctor says I have Pleurisy! Anyone else have/had this before? This is my first time. It is very painful and with my asthma I find it really hard to breathe.

I think I just need someone to say that they know what i'm going through and It will be ok. Sad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleurisy
Back to top Go down
tootles
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
tootles

PostSubject: Re: Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie   Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 6:43 pm

Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie 204537 + diarrhea now. I can't wait until doc app next week!!

Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie 356754 I want my mommy!
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie   Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 8:09 pm

My one son has asthma, and it seems this time of the year it starts to act up. Knock on wood, been lucky so far as he hasn't had an attack yet. The doctor put him on singular pills and that seemed to really help.
Back to top Go down
tootles
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
tootles

PostSubject: Re: Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie   Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 8:54 pm

I just got home from a unplanned stay at the hospital. 10 days is a long time to be away from my kids, I am so happy to be home.

I was taken by ambulance after I had collapsed at home.
I find out that I had congestive heart failure. Very scary!!
Also a under active thyroid.

I'm not allowed to breastfeed anymore....(heartbreaking)

*sigh*

Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie 455755 how much more can I take?
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie   Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 10:01 pm

Tootles that is very scary, I was wondering what happened to you when I hadn't seen on in a while. Glad you're doing better. A lot of babies do fine bottle fed, don't feel bad about no longer being able to breastfeed. Your babies need you and need you to take good care of yourself so that you can be there for them.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie   Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 10:34 pm

Tootles that is scary glad you are feeling better and the baby will do fine on
a bottle. You need to take care of you now
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie   Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 11:11 pm

I hope you are feeling much better and make sure to get lots of rest, even if it is just a few minutes here and there, it all adds up!!! Take Care!!!
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie   Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 9:00 am

I echo what the others have said. The main thing now is to take care of yourself. As for the breastfeeding....the closeness and bonding you learn and experience isn't over .....boob or bottle you still have that and know how to share. I felt the same way after No.3 stopped at 4 months but soon learned that a huge part of the experience is always there. Pamper yourself and get healthy......for you AND babe.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie   Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 12:07 pm

Yikes...the past few weeks have really sucked for you. Hope everything improves for you quickly. Take Care. Smile
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie   Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Icon_minitimeFri 24 Sep 2010, 3:49 am

Tootles, do you mind if I ask what the reason is why the doctors told you to stop breastfeeding? Just wondering if it's based on your physical condition or medication..........and if they mean permanently??
Back to top Go down
tootles
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
tootles

PostSubject: Re: Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie   Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Icon_minitimeFri 24 Sep 2010, 9:34 am

The medications that I am on is too strong.
They also advised that I don't get pregnant again. Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie 591666
My heart is just too weak.

Shannon is doing really well on the bottle, we were doing both for awhile anyway so it hasn't been that tough on her. Daddy has really stepped up! He has been doing the night feedings so I can sleep! I really miss the breastfeeding because I just got her on a good schedule, and i miss the closeness.

I am having a hard time "resting". Way too much to do here, I get so frustrated. I see toys on the floor, or dishes, laundry and I just wanna jump up and do them, I can't. I get so tired just getting up to pee. I really need to mellow out. I'm already doing way too much, I get tired so fast, I hate it!

Matthew haven't left my side, he really missed his mommy.
After the kids went to bed last night hubby and I actually cuddled on the couch, something we haven't done in awhile. Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie 602200
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie   Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Icon_minitimeFri 24 Sep 2010, 10:26 am

That's awesome that hubby has stepped up.......you're very lucky there!! I know it's not the same with that damn bottle stuck between you, rather than skin on skin......but pretty sure you both mould into that nursing pose with a minor adjustment.

As for the housework and other crap....time to put on the blinkers. Would it be earth shattering if it doesn't get done.....no. Nothing is more important than you and your children, time to prioritize and de-stress.

With hubby's help (and cuddling) and a little rearranging, your life will be a lot easier......now just allow it to happen!
hug
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie   Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Icon_minitimeFri 24 Sep 2010, 10:52 am

Rottn is so right,the world won't stop turning if the housework doesn't
get done,but for the children their world will quit turning if you don't take
the time to take care of you.
I am glad to hear that your hubby kicked in to give you some help and
maybe after this episode he learned how fragile life can really be
Back to top Go down
tootles
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
tootles

PostSubject: Re: Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie   Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 3:01 pm

ok guys, have some bad news.

I did way too much and landed back into the hospital with chest pain....etc. Very scary!
That was last Sunday and I just got home now.

How do I just sit here when I am used to be the one who does everything?
I don't "Look" sick.
I am having a hard time accepting my condition.
How do I not feel like a failure?
I can't even hold my kids.
Getting up to go to the bathroom is so exhausting.
Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie 455755
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie   Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 11:06 pm

Oh tootles I'm so sorry you ended back up in there again. I know you must find it so stressful, not only being confined to hospital but also that feeling of helplessness. You are in no way a failure and you have to find some way to make yourself accept that right now you just can't be the Supermom/wife you're used to being.

Try to imagine yourself confined to a wheelchair and only do what you would be able to from there. Not allowing your body to rest and recuperate keeps setting you back and you certainly don't want or need that. Everytime you think of something you 'should' be doing, remember that this could be the thing that puts you back in hospital for another week.......then ask yourself is it worth it ...... to both you and your family.

Take care of yourself, keep in touch and park your ass woman!!
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie   Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 11:09 pm

Sorry to hear that tootles,you need to learn to take it easy and let someone
look after you for a change. You may not be able to hold or pick up your children
but yu can hug them and give them lots of mommy kisses
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie   Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pleurisy + Asthma = Ouchie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Health and Wellness-
Jump to: