Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids

Go down 
+5
SillyStorm
Mousey
yorkiemom
pooperscooper
BigBrownEyes29
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Empty
PostSubject: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 10:29 am

http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Kids+snap+photos+girl+attacked+Calgary+schoolyard/3487709/story.html

Kids snap photos as girl attacked, possibly raped in Calgary schoolyard

By Suzanne Wilton, Postmedia News September 7, 2010

CALGARY — A girl as young as 12 was attacked, and possibly raped, in a Calgary schoolyard Monday afternoon as another group of youths looked on and took photos, officials said.

Rasheda Bee, a mother of four, said she was initially confused by what she saw when she looked out her living room window and across the parking lot to the school field near Clarence Sansom Junior High.

“I didn’t believe my eyes,” said Bee, cradling her three-month-old daughter in her arms as she described the horrifying scene.

Bee said she saw several young people standing on a set of bleachers looking to the ground below, where a young man was on top of a girl.

“I wasn’t sure what was going on,” said Bee, explaining the boy was violently rocking back and forth as if he was having sex with the girl.

“The girl wasn’t giving any response,” she said.

“He was on top of that girl for more than 12 minutes. I was thinking maybe they were friends and were joking, but then they started taking pictures.”

Bee said she went upstairs and opened the window.

That’s when she heard the girl’s screams.

“She was unable to stand — she was screaming badly,” said Bee, adding there were two other girls among the group.

Bee said she was about to call the police, when she saw them arrive and starting rounding up people.

Duty inspector Keith Cain said someone inside the school called police.

When officers got there, he said they found a female victim and eight witnesses around the same age, along with a male youth who was ultimately taken into custody as a suspect.

“It was right in the playground . . . inside their fenced area,” Cain said of the schoolyard which has a line of houses backing onto it from the east.

The girl was transported to Alberta Children’s Hospital. Cain could not confirm her age, but it’s believed she could be as young as 12.

Cain said the first priority is to make sure the girl is cared for.

“It is shocking it happened in the daytime. It’s shocking it was a group of young persons.”

According to a supervising officer at the scene, both child abuse and sex crimes detectives were called in to investigate.

“Allegations are it may be a 12-year-old and that’s why child abuse was called out,” said Sgt. Len Dalton.

Dalton said alcohol was involved and the youths were in various states of intoxication.

Cellphones were seized and investigators will examine them for photos, he added.

Calgary Herald with files from Gwendolyn Richards

© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald

Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 12:42 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 12:53 pm

Sickening,is there anywhere any more that our children are safe?
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 2:10 pm

Wow right in broad daylight! If that was my daughter I would find those kinds and take matters into my own hands, right or wrong I don't care Mad
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 2:47 pm

Mousey wrote:
Wow right in broad daylight! If that was my daughter I would find those kinds and take matters into my own hands, right or wrong I don't care Mad

That was my first thought, just didn't want to be the first to post it. Kids or not, I would have been so fuming mad that I would have wanted to pound the shit of out the little boy who did that. Had that been my little girl. Why didn't anyone in school come out and stop this? I see someone called the police and they came, but no adult came to this child's rescue in the whole 10+ minutes this was going on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 5:02 pm

Scary stuff Mad
Back to top Go down
SillyStorm
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 6:28 pm

Mousey wrote:

x2 cus' Im positive Hubby and I would both do the exact same thing. Mad
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 7:24 pm

They were concerned enough to call the police, but didn't have the balls to go out and HELP that poor girl? Although I can understand a woman with a three month old baby not running out with a baseball bat, I find it totally disgusting that she gets so damned descriptive about what she saw. Didn't take the time to call the police (yet describes what she thought might have been a joke, as "violent", and it must have been if the poor girl couldn't stand) but managed to make herself known to the press. If I were her I'd be hugging the heck out of my children and bawling my eyes out that I didn't do more. Talking to the media wouldn't be high on my list.

What happened to that girl is horrendous, but nobody helping her?

I Google mapped the school, that schoolyard is pretty much in the open. How many people saw what was happening a brushed it off as kids joking around?

Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 7:35 pm

Probably more than we want to know about which is really sad,what happened to people getting involved? Now it seems more and more like they stand by and watch really quite a sad world we live in now
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 9:35 pm

UnhingedMom wrote:
They were concerned enough to call the police, but didn't have the balls to go out and HELP that poor girl? Although I can understand a woman with a three month old baby not running out with a baseball bat, I find it totally disgusting that she gets so damned descriptive about what she saw. Didn't take the time to call the police (yet describes what she thought might have been a joke, as "violent", and it must have been if the poor girl couldn't stand) but managed to make herself known to the press. If I were her I'd be hugging the heck out of my children and bawling my eyes out that I didn't do more. Talking to the media wouldn't be high on my list.

What happened to that girl is horrendous, but nobody helping her?

I Google mapped the school, that schoolyard is pretty much in the open. How many people saw what was happening a brushed it off as kids joking around?

I would be putting the baby down and calling the police. That woman stood there in her house for 10 minutes watching this go on. Is that slow in the head she couldn't determine after a minute or two that this child was being raped. She didn't even bother to open her front door and step out onto the porch. Ahhh! Between her and the school staff, they irritate me.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 10:02 am

Update to the story in today's local news.

http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Girl+website+before+having+schoolyard+Police/3490575/story.html

Police consider charges in schoolyard sex case with roots in social media site

By Stephane Massinon, Calgary Herald September 7, 2010

CALGARY - Calgary police say the 16-year-old boy and 12-year-old girl involved in a public sex incident at a northeast schoolyard met each other on a social networking website.

The two arranged to meet in person near the bleachers at Clarence Sansom Junior High along with their friends, said Calgary Police Staff Sgt. Leah Barber.

“While the group was sitting in the bleachers, the boy and girl became involved in a sexual act," Barber told a press conference Tuesday.

"There is no evidence that the witnesses encouraged the sexual assault.

“However, a cellphone belonging to one of the youths was checked,” said Barber. “At this time, no photos or video have been recovered."

Police originally suspected the attack on the girl may have been random, based on reports from witnesses. However, the investigation paints a different picture of what happened.

The youths, 10 in total, were all aged between 12 and 16 and had been drinking.

The only images recovered so far in the investigation include a video shot by a witness inside the school of the aftermath as police arrived.

Barber said charges of sexual assault or sexual interference are being considered, but are not certain. A 12-year-old is too young to legally consent to having sex with a 16-year-old, she said. Police want to obtain a statement from the victim, who was released from hospital, before deciding how to proceed.

smassinon@theherald.canwest.com
© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald

Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 8:40 am

As Yorkie said, sickening.

I cannot imagine being a parent of young children today. How do you protect them? How do you teach them to be caring, humane, thoughtful people? How do you lessen the effects of constant exposure to media/technological garbage glorifying the thoughtless and insensitive, want it - get it at what ever cost to others mentality that allows them to dehumanize those around them?

God I am so glad my kids are grown. And the fact that of the four, only one is considering having children......I can't bear the thought of what they will have to go through as a parent or what their child will have to go through to grow up whole and happy.

Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:07 am

rottnmom wrote:
As Yorkie said, sickening.

I cannot imagine being a parent of young children today. How do you protect them? How do you teach them to be caring, humane, thoughtful people? How do you lessen the effects of constant exposure to media/technological garbage glorifying the thoughtless and insensitive, want it - get it at what ever cost to others mentality that allows them to dehumanize those around them?

God I am so glad my kids are grown. And the fact that of the four, only one is considering having children......I can't bear the thought of what they will have to go through as a parent or what their child will have to go through to grow up whole and happy.

First to respond to the article.. you all don't know what I wouldve of done in that situation. But I wouldn't stand behind my window describing what was going on. However, with that said.. maybe it was gangs ect.... but still no excuse for sitting back on your heels. It is a sad day in our society and I am seeing it more and more. People not stopping for people. Even a simple gesture of opening a door for elderly people. An example that I can recently use to describe this ME mentality. We were at our local fair. A little boy was on this jumping ( air thing) he must of got hit in the nose. He rolls out screaming his face covered in blood. Blood pouring out everywhere. Parents and people standing around just gawking at this poor child who was no more then 2 years old. The mother didn't know what to do. I can't help it- Mommy mode kicked in.. Got some wipes.. Applied First aid to this toddler. People still gawking around. It seems no one wants to lift their finger to man kind. They are too paralyzed in their own fears of- what if I get something. I can go on and on describing little things over the years- how we fail as compassionate human beings.

As to our children Rotton- It amazes me. I blame parents in raising the children for a big part of it. Parents utilize all these technology advancements because they are too busy- with their own ( me lives) to give a shit about their kids. THey place them in front of a computer or the Tv screen- because they have to answer that phone call- or they have to work those extra hours- or the house needs to look spotless... WHY? Who cares... There is no more family time anymore. Half the kids grow up with a dinner in front of the TV. They can't have decent conversations with their families because they don't learn the art of communication at home. They think communication exists with text messaging- email. We have advanced our technology to the point that we are loosing fundamentals morals and ethics that defy us as human beings. We are so absorbed in getting ahead- getting more that we are loosing the sense of community- we are loosing the lessons that have been taught to us from past generations. It is a sad day.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:26 am

As most of you know I still have teens and a preteen at home

I am the mean mom,I am the mom that doesn't understand.I am the mom
that doesn't want my children to socialize and therefore they will not be
ready for RL they tell me because they DO NOT have cell phones,they DO NOT
have unlimited access to a computer or to a television.They are NOT allowed to
walk the streets of the small town we live in unless they are walking with friends
that I know.

They are not allowed to spend the night at their friends houses if I do not personally
know the parents and their lifestyle

I am not a religious person per say,put I guarentee you that I pray everyday for the
safety of my children while they are away from me,I also know that at some point
I need to cut the apron ties and let them learn from their own mistakes,but NOT at
the hands of some asshole who does not value life,but gets their kicks from rape and
murder
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:31 am

You are so right Mini. Between techno-childcare and this insane idea of 'allowing children to express themselves' (not that I'm against children being encouraged to try/do things) many parents have basically become baby making machines then handing over the finished product for others (human and not) to raise. God forbid they ever raise their voice, teach their children basic manners and respect........wouldn't want to warp their delicate little psyches. Too many times as a waitress I have witnessed what would amount to abandonment, expect staff to watch over and protect......yet not 'interfere' ........how dare you tell my child not to touch (fill in...coffee maker, coffee grinder, food of other customers).......children that are permitted to hit their parents and the staff, throw food back at servers, scream and throw tantrums to get what they know they will get because they want it.

While some get angry at the children, I look to the parents......and also to our paid educators, while not responsible for the upbringing of our children, there is a sad double standard at least in our schools. Zero tolerance for violence or abuse of any kind. BUT heaven help your child that gets attacked by another student......if they so much as strike back in self defense, they too are punished. Sexual and psychological harassment get what? A five minute 'lecture' in the office and a three day suspension (wheee, no school for three days) Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Why are there 10-12 years olds out walking the streets at 10, 11 pm at night? Why are your 14 yr olds heading out to parties with 17 and 18 year olds? If your child is allowed to strike you, their parent, knowing it will get them what they want...... have you not now taught them that violence will not only get you ahead..........it's acceptable?

I'll stop now, because I could rant on this forever and all it would accomplish is raising my blood pressure.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:06 am

I whole agree with both rotton and Yorkie.

I am not a perfect parent. But I do RIDE my kids hard. I am tough on them as my father was on me. People look at me and say but their children. They are children who will respect and listen.

Prime example we were at dance yesterday - picking up shoes I left my 3 kids about 20 feet from me. My son was acting up ( in my eyes) in other eyes- they would think he was just being a kid. I didn't care where I was. Not like parents being so quiet as they are embarrassed with disciplining their children. Nope MOMMY voice came out. I had all the kids attention and the parents. Told my son to sit on that couch. If he moved a muscle he would be on POOP duty when we got home. My first and last warning. Then I said no ifs ands or BUTTS. ANd then took my place in line. All 3 of my kids sat on that couch and did not move for over 30 mins. When the other children- were running rampant. They sat there. I always said- I don't care what other kids will do. MINE will be behaved and listen. I don't care where we are- I will discipline them. They know this. They know not to cross the line. Some say Fear- and I am too hard. Well so be it- however as their teachers other parents have said over and over. My kids are polite- know their manners- They will pick things up for other people if they drop them. They will hold hands and be nice little angels outside the home. They will respect people and animals. They will have Morals and ethics. Parents are too busy being their kids parents. I aint their friends. I AM their MOM. HUge difference. I practice tough love all the time.

As for technology we have it here. I have a couple of huge tv's Kids have the wii system. But that wii system we have had for just over a year. It has been used maybe 8 times. We haven't touched it since we had the -30 weather. We still won't touch it till we have the -30 weather- all chores are done and then maybe we will play with it- as a family. People look at me and say they are just children. My kids get up early. They have chores to do. They do their chores before and afterschool. I don't pay them an allowance. To me that is just part of what they have to contribute if they want the fur critters. That is part of growing up around here.

I am all for extra curricular activities. We save all year round- for this month- I have pulled alot of double shifts just so I can put them in dance, figure skating, swimming, skating. I don't compromise my work for my kids or vice versa. I am really lucky right now with hubbies scedule. I am in a better spot them most- because I pick my shifts and still we as parents can raise our children.

They don't have all the technology and will never have it- But even if it kills me- My life is my children. They will be raised with respect- morals and values which include compassion for others. As your point rotton- about violence in schools. I will always stand beside my children. They are taught to stand up for themselves and not to run. I don't care what the schools punishment will be- I will back my children to the ends of the earth if they are in the right. If they are in the wrong. The school won't have to punish them. I as their parent will make them pick up more poop then one could imagine.

Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:54 am

Mini wrote:

-My kids are polite- know their manners- They will pick things up for other people if they drop them. They will hold hands and be nice little angels outside the home. They will respect people and animals. They will have Morals and ethics.

-My life is my children. They will be raised with respect- morals and values which include compassion for others.

-I as their parent will make them pick up more poop then one could imagine. (LOVE this!)

Thank you Mini for reassuring me that there are still PARENTS out there.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 11:28 am

I so agree with you mini,mine have chores even though we live in town now,they have lawn to mow and they help with all the weed eating,they do supper dishes,and are now in a position of having to make supper after they get home from school

The entire basement,which consists of 3 bedrooms a utility room,family room,and bathroom are their's to keep clean and I don't mean surface clean

I also expect them to do their own laundry,they still have plenty of play time outside
we have a playstation 2 it rarely comes out. They have their own TV down stairs,they are allowed to watch it when chores are done

the oldest one also has lawn mowing jobs that she is responsible for on a weekly basis as well as 2 ladies in town she works for when needed

The youngest is just beginning to clue into the fact that money is earned not given and certainly not by be

I pay them daily with a roof over their heads,food on the table and closthes on their back if they do an exceptional job at something they are often rewarded by being able to pick a place of their choice to eat out at

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 12:54 pm

Well said Mini.
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 12:46 am

Well...... update of sorts.

"Kevin Libin, National Post · Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2010

There might have been some bizarre things about what happened in the baseball diamond behind Clarence Sansom Junior High on Monday. But certainly none of them were, it turns out, nearly as shocking as Calgarians had been led to, and were apparently prepared to, believe. Actually, they may not have even been that bizarre.

News broke in local media that there had been an "attack" on a 12-year-old girl. Witnesses were "horrified." She was "possibly raped," said reports, while a crowd of youths looked on indifferently, recording the act on their cellphone cameras. A nearby resident, who watched the incident from her home, reported that the girl had been screaming. "I didn't believe my eyes," a "shaken" Rasheda Bee told the Calgary Herald. A teacher inside the school called police, who arrested a 16-year-old boy and reportedly seized phones from the onlookers.

The episode was "sick and shocking," one prominent columnist wrote on Twitter. The city's most popular morning talk-show host suggested the case would put the "justice system on trial" as to whether it could hold the "kid who raped a 12-year-old" accountable for the crime. The story, in hours, was on national news channels. Alberta's Premier weighed in. "It's absolutely disgusting," Ed Stelmach said. "It's incomprehensible, if it's true, to have someone watch something like that happen.... I just can't believe that somebody would just stand idle and not do anything to save a person in a situation like this."

He was careful: "If it's true," he emphasized.

It wasn't.

The account of the random girl raped on a public schoolyard while a gang of amoral tweens nonchalantly collected footage for YouTube had veered so far from reality so quickly that police rushed to hold a news conference yesterday morning to clear things up. This was not standard practice, says child abuse Staff Sergeant Leah Barber. Usually police wait until after they lay charges to go public. But it was necessary.

The story was this, Staff Sgt. Barber clarified: The girl had met the boy online and arranged to meet him at the schoolyard. She brought her friends, and he brought his. The two had been drinking. They had sex. After interviewing the witnesses, including the girl's friends, she said there were no reports of any violence, no restraint, no one being forced to do anything against her will. Most kids "meandered away to give them some privacy, I guess," Staff Sgt. Barber says.

Police confiscated one cellphone; no photos or video were recovered. The girl was checked at the hospital and released. Charges of "sexual interference" -- commonly called statutory rape -- are pending, because the girl's age, relative to the boy's, means she cannot have legally consented to the sex.

"It is kind of unfortunate that this has been portrayed as a random, violent attack," Staff Sgt. Barber says.

With its lessons of youth's moral depravity and the menace of digital technologies, the original version of the story accommodated perfectly one of today's most pervasive moral panics, says Frank Furedi, professor of sociology at the U.K.'s University of Kent and author of Culture of Fear. "There's an incredible appetite for new kinds of victims and new kinds of crimes," Mr. Furedi says.

Adults have been suspicious of the deviance of youth since at least the '50s when teenagers first emerged as a distinct, exotic subculture (think about panics over rock 'n' roll or "Reefer Madness"). As online social networks and cellphones emerged as the primary site of unfamiliarity between parents and their children, Mr. Furedi says, the technology itself becomes threatening. Witness alarming media stories in recent years that imply dangerously rampant cyber-bullying in schools, despite major studies showing that today's youths are less bullied and more tolerant of diversity than they were just 20 years ago. As for claims of youth's moral apathy, the adult teacher and neighbour apparently believed a crime was occurring, but did not personally intervene.

"The adult world is quite estranged from the way that kids use digital technology, and always expects the worst, even though what kids are doing is pretty much what we were doing when we were kids. But they're doing it online instead of offline," Mr. Furedi says.

That a 16-year-old boy would try bedding a 12-year-old girl undoubtedly upsets parents, but it is hardly shocking: A third of U.S. teens have sex by the Grade 9, reports the American Public Health Association, while girls doing so by age 12 are typically with partners at least five years their senior. And by the time U.S. kids hit Grade 8, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, half of them have tried alcohol and 20% have got drunk. There's no reason to believe Canadians are much different.

Perhaps the one remarkable thing about what went happened at those bleachers on Monday, and what set off the confusion, was that the two kids apparently had no qualms about having sex in public. This, Mr. Furedi suggests, may be the influence of adults, particularly those indulging in shameless exhibitionism on reality television, and those who watch it, obliterating traditional divides between private space and public. If that is indeed the case, he says, there's certainly no reason to panic about it. klibin@nationalpost.com

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/Shock+horror+true/3492733/story.html#ixzz0zC0wLcCb"

Still doesn't change my views about the adult's reaction. If they truly believed what they were seeing was a violent assault, why wouldn't hey help in some way?
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 8:33 am

UnhingedMom wrote:

That a 16-year-old boy would try bedding a 12-year-old girl undoubtedly upsets parents, but it is hardly shocking: A third of U.S. teens have sex by the Grade 9, reports the American Public Health Association, while girls doing so by age 12 are typically with partners at least five years their senior. And by the time U.S. kids hit Grade 8, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, half of them have tried alcohol and 20% have got drunk. There's no reason to believe Canadians are much different.

Perhaps the one remarkable thing about what went happened at those bleachers on Monday, and what set off the confusion, was that the two kids apparently had no qualms about having sex in public. This, Mr. Furedi suggests, may be the influence of adults, particularly those indulging in shameless exhibitionism on reality television, and those who watch it, obliterating traditional divides between private space and public. If that is indeed the case, he says, there's certainly no reason to panic about it. klibin@nationalpost.com

OK have I not had enough caffeine yet or does this load of sickening crap not disturb anyone else??

- upsetting but hardly shocking?

-girls age 12 with partners five years older.......sorry but that's NOT a partner to a 12 year old

-sex in public.....obliterating traditional divides between private space and public........certainly no reason to panic about it???????

WTF???????

maybe I'd better read this again later to see if it makes more sense then.....cause right now it reads like a crock of shit, a really disturbing crock of shit
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 10:24 am

It has become a society of no morality,to much damn TV,to many video games,and to much shit altogether of sex and violence being portrayed as the norm in todays world

In todays world it is almost impossible to keep kids from engaging in this kind of behaviour when so many of them are,using the old terms,latch key kids with little
or no parental supervision

I will continune to monitor my children in their daily activities and be the bitch because all the other kids do it or all the other kids have one,or all the other kids are allowed to
walk the streets after dark. MINE WILL NOT.

To much FB and texting for kids today instead of just being kids,kinda makes me throw up in my mouth a bit at what is happening

Now if any of this made sense I will be surprised because I am throughly disgusted with what our children are doing and being allowed to do
Back to top Go down
K-Flash
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 1:44 pm

I think this story is horrible (including the one where a young 16 y/o girl was gang-raped, and pictures posted on FB). Those 2 stories still trouble me as I think about them. I shake my head, and cringe at what children are doing these days. Though I don't have kids, had I been the parent of one of those 2 girls...I'd have surely hunted each boy down, strung them up by their toe nails, and sliced their dicks off!

Tough to say what causes this bad behaviour...is it bad parenting?....bad friends?....boredom?....bullying?...education system failing them?....or perhaps an element of each. Growing up, if I stepped out of line just once, my parents would kick my ass up to my shoulder blades. There was no disrespecting elders, and manners were *always* important. They kept me involved in extra-curricular activities, and always knew who my friends were. They dropped me off, and picked me up and were always a phone call away. They never played my "friend", but always lent their support. There was no negotiation in the house re: bad behaviour.

I'm not convinced families now-a-days put their children front and center...there's so many outside factors that assault a family's senses (jobs/careers, vacations, stuff), that kids get lost in the fold.

Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 6:30 pm

Todays children are scary and their parents are even scarier,I cannon count
the number of children that have stayed at my house with my kids that I had
no clue who they or their parents were

When I asked them they were more than willing to phone thier parents and
let me talk to them,the parents said"they just knew I was safe" and that
they were okay with their kids being here.Never are my kids allowed to stay
anywhere that I don't personally know the parents

Mine have an in the house by 9 rule and they hate it,to bad for them,they are
not allowed to do a lot of things their friends are allowed to do,poor kids.
99% of the time I know where my kids are,the other 1% is going from our house
to a friends house

I am an over protective over bearing parent I am told and that pleases me
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 10:10 pm

UnhingedMom wrote:

Still doesn't change my views about the adult's reaction. If they truly believed what they were seeing was a violent assault, why wouldn't hey help in some way?
[/color]

I agree. I think I'm more shocked by the adults reactions not to go over and check it out, or provide help than I am of the teens actions. What if she was really being raped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids    Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holy $#%@# ... What is wrong with some kids
Page 1 of 1