Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mandatory driving tests for seniors?

Go down 
+3
ivegotfleas1
yorkiemom
rottnmom
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Mandatory driving tests for seniors ?
No
Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes
Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Yearly
Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Every 2 - 5 years
Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Vote_lcap45%Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Upon recommendation (doctors, police, insurance)
Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Vote_lcap45%Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
yorkiemom

Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mandatory driving tests for seniors?   Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 11:05 pm

i am so with you there mini,it is getting scarier by the day out on the hiways in my area,between the drunks and the druggies,I choose my time to go to town carefully
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory driving tests for seniors?   Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 11:12 pm

As for your other questions yorkie

We bougth the wii for our kids. don't think we have touched it in over 4 or 5 months.. That is saved for -30 weather

Cell phones.. only one my kids will ever get.. is the emergency one. Where they have 3 numbers that is it. Press one of the buttons. Not yet..

Everything else.. NOPE.. they want outside toys.. quads.. horses.... sports .. I will spoil them rotten. ANything else..

They can stuff it
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory driving tests for seniors?   Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 11:16 pm

LOL Mini who can stuff it?I know what you do with your kids Mini,no doubt in my mind about that,I was just trying to make the point that so many parents are so busy giving the kids STUFF like cellphones,and game systems and shoving them in front of a tv instead of spending some time with them that they grow up with no responsibility when it comes to driving,cause mom and dad probably bought the car
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory driving tests for seniors?   Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 11:27 pm

I realize we're totally OT here but seeing as it was mine to start off with, what the hell .... I'm enjoying the discussions.

On the subject of drunk drivers, I don't know about where you are, but here bar tenders/bouncers are responsible (and consequently bar/pub owners) to ensure that patrons are not 'too' inebriated to drive when they leave.......or that they have a designated driver. From what I understand, if a patron leaves an establishment and is involved in a serious accident there can be serious repercussions for that establishment. Now if someone is obviously drunk, that's one thing. Fairly easy to spot and in most cases fairly easy to stop.

What about those who have the ability to consume overly large (for the average person) amounts of alcohol, yet show little to no outward signs.

What about a person such as myself? Half a cooler (equivalent to half a beer) while it is a small amount of alcohol in comparison to what most customers would consume, is more than enough to make me incapable of driving with full attention and response (yes, drunk) Yet outwardly there would be little or no sign of it's affects.

How much policing should establishments be required to enforce, how much responsibility should they shoulder regarding the level of alcohol vs physical affects on a customer by customer basis?

Is too much being expected of them or too little?

Coming from a family with a history of functioning alcoholism I'm interest in learning how others look at this, what if anything can be done to protect society from itself and ultimately who should be responsible for trying to stem this epidemic or at least containing the damage ?

Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory driving tests for seniors?   Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 11:32 pm

If I were concerned about the bars and pubs here that would be one thing

In my neighborhood alone 3 house on the block down the steet from he,all the families get to gether and the drinking and drugs begin when they figure they are
drunk and high enough they get into vehicles and begin to run at breakneck speed up and down the streets,the seniors scurry inside to hide,i stand outside with my 22 lol

Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory driving tests for seniors?   Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 11:50 pm

Yorkie, that is insane........I guess where we live has a lot to do with not only our experiences but our outlook as well.

If something like that were to happen here, depending on how many patrol cars were in the area (being rural they cover a wide area) there would be anywhere from two to five cars within minutes. The lock up would be full for the night and they'd be in court within a few days. A couple of incidents like that and routine patrols would be set up anticipating the activity.

I can't imagine having to deal with not only the potential danger but also the stress and anger. We have our share of yahoos, but when situations get out of control or start to affect others at least we know we can expect a response.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory driving tests for seniors?   Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 1:01 am

I think drivers of all ages are a hazard on the roads. In regards to seniors driving, certainly some should not be driving but equally neither should anyone under their age if they are not capable of driving safely. Good topic...enjoying the responses. Smile
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory driving tests for seniors?   Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 8:30 am

Our nearest cop is 15 miles away,he patrols through here twice a week,patrol meaning he comes by the drug houses and around the block and goes back into town

If you don't like the drunks and druggies driving cars,they are a real treat on quads
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory driving tests for seniors?   Mandatory driving tests for seniors? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mandatory driving tests for seniors?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2