Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Visitor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

New Visitor Empty
PostSubject: New Visitor   New Visitor Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 2:21 pm

I've been attempting to snap some photographs of the hummingbirds that visit multiple times a day. Here is one. We have had some male visitors as well but darn it they are hard to capture on film.

New Visitor DSCN7333
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

New Visitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Visitor   New Visitor Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 2:37 pm

Beautiful pic. They would be hard to photograph.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

New Visitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Visitor   New Visitor Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 3:30 pm

That is so pretty. Thanks for sharing!!
Back to top Go down

New Visitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Visitor   New Visitor Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 4:34 pm

What a pretty feeder I have the standard one, well two. I get at least four different hummers. I went out yesterday to clean and fill mine and came eye to eye with one. He stared at me for a few seconds then took off. I love the little buggers. I also had a family of pygmy nut hatches who were frantically calling their babies when we let the dogs out. It's the first time I've seen them, had to google.
Where did you get your feeder from?
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

New Visitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Visitor   New Visitor Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 4:43 pm

jamn53 wrote:
What a pretty feeder I have the standard one, well two. I get at least four different hummers. I went out yesterday to clean and fill mine and came eye to eye with one. He stared at me for a few seconds then took off. I love the little buggers. I also had a family of pygmy nut hatches who were frantically calling their babies when we let the dogs out. It's the first time I've seen them, had to google.
Where did you get your feeder from?

We put the feeder out about 3 weeks ago and almost every time I look outside, one is feeding. I love it. The feeder is from Bird Kingdom in Niagara Falls. I'm not sure if you are anywhere close to there or not, but it's definitely worth the drive if you are. They have all different colours and sizes. The entire store is beautiful if you get a chance to go.

Thanks BBE and Kewl for the compliments. They are appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

New Visitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Visitor   New Visitor Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 6:04 pm

Woohoo, that is about 10 minutes from where I live. I might have to go and get me one.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

New Visitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Visitor   New Visitor Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 6:17 pm

Kewl Chick wrote:
Woohoo, that is about 10 minutes from where I live. I might have to go and get me one.

You definitely should. The store is gorgeous. I'm not sure if it will still be there or not but there is a metal owl near the cash desk that I bought. It is so awesome. I was in awe of all the stained glass they had available to purchase as well. You won't be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

New Visitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Visitor   New Visitor Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 10:25 pm

That is a beautiful shot... they are such gorgeous creatures.. I would like to get a pretty feeder for my front porch so I can see them when they come around.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

New Visitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Visitor   New Visitor Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 11:36 pm

Outstanding shot of a very difficult subject!

When I worked in Niagara a few years back I visited Bird Kingdom every chance I got. I love it there.

Soo.... when are we going birding? ;)
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

New Visitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Visitor   New Visitor Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 11:58 am

HoodieCrow wrote:
Outstanding shot of a very difficult subject!

When I worked in Niagara a few years back I visited Bird Kingdom every chance I got. I love it there.

Soo.... when are we going birding? ;)

We should set a date SOON!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Visitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Visitor   New Visitor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Visitor
Page 1 of 1