Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you could ...

Go down 
+5
mcpug
Snitty
HoodieCrow
kbullet
BigBrownEyes29
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 10:47 am

own any pets, and time and finances weren't an issue. What pets would you own?
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:05 am

My husband thinks I would own all of them... and its probably true. But my dream animals are:

Airedale Terriers, Pugs and more Tanks LOL
Horses, I don't know anything about the different breeds but I'm not picky, I just want to be able to trail ride.
Ducks.. lots and lots of ducks
Chickens
Goats
I'd love to have some birds too but I'm positive that they would drive Drew insane.

Seahorses because they are stunning to watch.

In the next couple of years I plan to build a large koi pond in my backyard because I have envy over my moms.. its really beautiful and peaceful.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:02 pm

A Pied Crow!

Aside from that, I've always wanted a big, black Percheron.

A couple of laying hens (although my favorite breed are lousy layers)

There are a few more species of snake I wouldn't mind working with.

A Crested Gecko
A pair of Uroplatus Geckos (probably Satanic Leaftails)

A Brazilian Black Tarantula
An Antillies Pinktoe Tarantula

And although I'll likely adopt from a rescue when I'm ready for another dog, I LOVE Borzoi, Collies (Rough and Smooth), GSDs, Shelties and Danes. If time, space and money weren't an issue, maybe I'd have one of each. ;)
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:12 pm

I held a pink toed tarantula.. never again will I come that close to a spider.. I freaked and threw it across the room and ran... glad the guy who owned her caught her and she didn't sting him. When I say I threw her, I am not exaggerating.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:33 pm

Right now most likely none, or maybe a griffin cockatoo
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:40 pm

For me:

- a male Rottweiler,
- a female Yorkshire terrier,
- a bird room where I could have a couple sun conures. lol I know they are noisy buggers you have to admit they are so pretty to look at and the one I saw was very social, trying to get my Rottie to gently fetch her ball and toss it back to her.
- a barn with 7 sheep
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:41 pm

For me its horses for sure

Goats, chickens, more dogs specifically newfoundlanders, french bulldog and english mastiff.

We were going to move this past spring to a country home but decided to wait so we can buy a few acres along with the house so hopefully I will at least have a few mini goats and some chickens next year.
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:56 pm

Well, my reply is totally deserving some nice background music.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXdFTh1yX2c

Would it be a huge surprise to anybody that I'd love to own a retirement home for ex-racing greyhounds? I'm so in love with these dogs that I couldn't imagine life without them even though I wish it was.

Oh yeah, and I held a Tarantula once. It was at one of those displays at the mall and my daughter dared me. Brave, but stupid, me...... with a smile on my face I put out my hand..... When my daughter wasn't looking I told the spider lady, through gritted teeth, to get the damned thing off me before I gave it flying lessons. The "smile" was more of a frozen grimace and the only reason the spider wasn't opening a parachute already was that I was too petrified to move, LOL.

Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 1:12 pm

kbullet wrote:
I held a pink toed tarantula.. never again will I come that close to a spider.. I freaked and threw it across the room and ran... glad the guy who owned her caught her and she didn't sting him. When I say I threw her, I am not exaggerating.

Poor lil' lady.

Antillies aren't really a holding kind of spider. They're kind of a looking type, but they're awfully pretty!
If you could ... Tick10
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:05 pm

That's a pretty looking spider.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 3:46 pm

To this day I maintain that the I felt the spiders fangs brush across my wrist... I think it was going to kill me.
Back to top Go down
Snitty
Warmed up
Warmed up
Snitty

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 6:25 pm

kbullet wrote:
To this day I maintain that the I felt the spiders fangs brush across my wrist... I think it was going to kill me.

Omg it most likely was going to! I would have thrown it too maybe step on it too Embarassed
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 8:29 pm

Snitty wrote:
kbullet wrote:

Omg it most likely was going to! I would have thrown it too maybe step on it too Embarassed

If you must know the truth.. I threw it and ran to the bathroom to cry like a baby... I was so terrified.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:52 pm

If finances weren't an issue I would say screw it and go on acurise

and when I got back it would have to be another yorkie
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug 2010, 1:40 am

When I was in grade 5 my teacher owned a spider monkey and I always thought I would want one after she brought it to school but don't really want one any more. I would have liked to breed more show horses but the economy is saturated so that's not likely to happen. Possibly a few more show/breeding Havs are in my future.

My Havs are so funny, they make monkey sounds often when they play with each other. They have different eyes than most breeds as they are almond shaped like humans, always expressive and dark and from day one Julio's eyes reminded me of a gorilla. Arriba's remind me of a baboon. It has been impossible for me to video them at their best with the monkey like chatter they do because they always stop when they hear the camera turn on. Today I did catch Arriba doing the sound when she was happy to see "daddy" home, she does the monkey thing and another sound that we call the "choo choo" like a train when she gets excited but this time it's her feet on the floor. Bad quality video as it's been a dark rainy day and the lighting sucks but I am posting it just to listen to. Note...I don't want to perpetuate the myth that small dogs are noisy/barky because they do quiet when told to very well and we certainly do not listen to this all the time.

I almost peed myself from laughing when I was reviewing this clip which had all the dogs barking except for the Cailleach Princess who was tuning in with a howl. I tried to film her reaction...nose aimed at the ceiling and howling with her lips pursed but with the vid sound in the background you couldn't hear her. Listen for the monkey imitation and the choo choo. Smile Smile Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxNX6MgLy-Y

Last edited by pooperscooper on Sat 14 Aug 2010, 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug 2010, 6:20 am

Pooper, I get "This Video is Private" on your link.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug 2010, 12:49 pm

LOL ... Pooper, they do sound like little monkeys.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug 2010, 2:09 pm

I heard the monkey sounds.. but no choo choo.. Still really cute.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2010, 6:14 pm

Well if money was no object (which would also mean time and space) like Hoodie, I'd love to own a Percheron or a Clydesdale (more than one actually). Create a haven for displaced rotts. Finally get my dream bird, a Blue and Gold Macaw.

And pooper, that video was hilarious........or should I say, a hoot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

If you could ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could ...   If you could ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you could ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Pets and Animals :: Odds and Ends-
Jump to: