Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Live In The Edmonton Area?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Live In The Edmonton Area?  Empty
PostSubject: Live In The Edmonton Area?    Live In The Edmonton Area?  Icon_minitimeSat 07 Aug 2010, 10:42 am

If so could you keep an eye out for the stolen cars listed below, they belong to my uncle. I told him he should have given me that corvette, it would not have been stolen then... lol!

Edmonton police are asking for the public's help in locating nine vintage vehicles that were recently stolen.

Police say the cars were allegedly stolen from a work yard in the area of 75 Street and Argyll Road some time between July 30 and Aug. 3, after a suspect or suspects gained entry into the compound.

"All the vehicles were stolen within a matter of hours," said Edmonton police spokesperson Patrycia Thenu.

Sources tell CTV News the yard is owned by Jim Albert, a well-known car collector who CTV has been told has upwards of 150 vehicles in his collection. Albert did not speak with CTV Friday, but one of his close associates confirms the stolen vehicles were his.

An avid vintage automobile enthusiast says he often drives by the area and has admired Albert's collection.

"His vehicles, he buys them and he fixes them brand new and whatever he does with them I don't know but that is his babies," said Jack Cohen.

In 2002, four antique cars were destroyed when Albert's business, Almac Industries, caught fire. Investigators said the fire was deliberately set.

Officers have not revealed how the suspect gained entry to the locked compound. Investigators hope someone may spot one of the vehicles and notify them immediately.

Police are trying to find the following vehicles:

A black 1958 Edsel worth $7,000
A tan 1940 Ford truck worth $15,000
A red 1957 Chevy Camaro worth $30,000
A black 1938-39 Ford worth $14,000
A white 1962 Ford T-bird convertible worth $4,000
A blue 1965-66 Ford T-bird convertible worth $5,00
A blue 1934 Chevy Coupe worth $12,000
A white 1957 Chevy convertible worth $50,000
A black 1941 Chevy half ton worth $7,500
Anyone with information about the location of the vehicles is asked to call police at 780-423-4567 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Mad

Last edited by pooperscooper on Sat 07 Aug 2010, 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Live In The Edmonton Area?    Live In The Edmonton Area?  Icon_minitimeSat 07 Aug 2010, 10:49 am

i will pass this on to my son Pooper,he is in Edmonton on a regular basis
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Live In The Edmonton Area?    Live In The Edmonton Area?  Icon_minitimeSat 07 Aug 2010, 11:26 am

Pooper, I hope the catch the people who did this.

Your uncle should have also given you the Camero.
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Live In The Edmonton Area?    Live In The Edmonton Area?  Icon_minitimeSun 08 Aug 2010, 3:44 am

Oh my gawd Pooper. I am so sorry and feel bad for your uncle too!!

I HATE, HATE absolutely HATE thieves.
This brought tears to my eyes Pooper and I hope they catch the bastards who stole them and teach them a thing or two about castration.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Live In The Edmonton Area?    Live In The Edmonton Area?  Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 10:22 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:

Lol...he gives odd things but nice ones. When we were building this house, for my Bday he gave me a septic tank. He had it delivered and sent a backhoe to dig the hole and a a trench for the runoff. Backhoe operator was an ex boyfriend though. :o He also gave me my first pony when I was seven (a pinto stallion) that my dad made him take back. He also gave me my current barn and a crew to erect it, fortunately my dad didn't make him take that back. I had to board one of his stallions though and give his daughter riding lessons but I figure that was a good trade. Smile
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Live In The Edmonton Area?    Live In The Edmonton Area?  Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 10:26 pm

JJ wrote:
Oh my gawd Pooper. I am so sorry and feel bad for your uncle too!!

I HATE, HATE absolutely HATE thieves.
This brought tears to my eyes Pooper and I hope they catch the bastards who stole them and teach them a thing or two about castration.

Five of the vehicles have been recovered, not sure which ones though. They were found on two different acreages in the same area. I hate theives also. I'm sure whoever was involved knows where the others are so hopefully they will talk and they will all be returned. :face:
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Live In The Edmonton Area?    Live In The Edmonton Area?  Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 11:44 pm

pooperscooper wrote:
BigBrownEyes29 wrote:

Lol...he gives odd things but nice ones. When we were building this house, for my Bday he gave me a septic tank. He had it delivered and sent a backhoe to dig the hole and a a trench for the runoff. Backhoe operator was an ex boyfriend though. :o He also gave me my first pony when I was seven (a pinto stallion) that my dad made him take back. He also gave me my current barn and a crew to erect it, fortunately my dad didn't make him take that back. I had to board one of his stallions though and give his daughter riding lessons but I figure that was a good trade. Smile

Hmmm, maybe he could use another niece. lol

I'm glad some of the vehicles were recovered. Hopefully the dingbat that was involved discloses where the other vehicles are.
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Live In The Edmonton Area?    Live In The Edmonton Area?  Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 11:50 pm

Oh good. I am glad they found some of them.

Get out your branding iron or your masculators and they will tell you where the remaining cars are.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Live In The Edmonton Area?    Live In The Edmonton Area?  Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 11:55 pm

BBE do you need a septic tank too...lol. JJ it will be interesting to see if the rest get recovered, I rather think they will. Smile
Back to top Go down
K-Flash
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

PostSubject: Re: Live In The Edmonton Area?    Live In The Edmonton Area?  Icon_minitimeTue 17 Aug 2010, 1:10 pm

pooperscooper wrote:
If so could you keep an eye out for the stolen cars listed below, they belong to my uncle. I told him he should have given me that corvette, it would not have been stolen then... lol!

Edmonton police are asking for the public's help in locating nine vintage vehicles that were recently stolen.

Police say the cars were allegedly stolen from a work yard in the area of 75 Street and Argyll Road some time between July 30 and Aug. 3, after a suspect or suspects gained entry into the compound.

"All the vehicles were stolen within a matter of hours," said Edmonton police spokesperson Patrycia Thenu.

Sources tell CTV News the yard is owned by Jim Albert, a well-known car collector who CTV has been told has upwards of 150 vehicles in his collection. Albert did not speak with CTV Friday, but one of his close associates confirms the stolen vehicles were his.

An avid vintage automobile enthusiast says he often drives by the area and has admired Albert's collection.

"His vehicles, he buys them and he fixes them brand new and whatever he does with them I don't know but that is his babies," said Jack Cohen.

In 2002, four antique cars were destroyed when Albert's business, Almac Industries, caught fire. Investigators said the fire was deliberately set.

Officers have not revealed how the suspect gained entry to the locked compound. Investigators hope someone may spot one of the vehicles and notify them immediately.

Anyone with information about the location of the vehicles is asked to call police at 780-423-4567 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Mad

Very sorry to hear pooper. Gawd...I don't think there's anything that I loath more in life, than someone who takes someone else's property. These cars all went missing right before Rockin' August car show n' shine. Wonder if any of them were stolen, and then put on display there. Dang!!!...wish I would have seen this post sooner. My dad has an old gentleman's coupe that he took in the show, and a good friend of his is a vintage vehicle appraiser. Perhaps I'll forward this list to Nelson (the appaiser). He sees alot of cars, and more eyes on this inventory list are better than none.

Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Live In The Edmonton Area?    Live In The Edmonton Area?  Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010, 12:35 am

K-Flash wrote:
pooperscooper wrote:

Mad

Very sorry to hear pooper. Gawd...I don't think there's anything that I loath more in life, than someone who takes someone else's property. These cars all went missing right before Rockin' August car show n' shine. Wonder if any of them were stolen, and then put on display there. Dang!!!...wish I would have seen this post sooner. My dad has an old gentleman's coupe that he took in the show, and a good friend of his is a vintage vehicle appraiser. Perhaps I'll forward this list to Nelson (the appaiser). He sees alot of cars, and more eyes on this inventory list are better than none.

Thanks Flash...haven't heard any more about it but I will update when I do. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live In The Edmonton Area?    Live In The Edmonton Area?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live In The Edmonton Area?
Page 1 of 1