Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Pet's 10 Commandments

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

A Pet's 10 Commandments Empty
PostSubject: A Pet's 10 Commandments   A Pet's 10 Commandments Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 10:16 am

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: A Pet's 10 Commandments   A Pet's 10 Commandments Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 10:33 am

Thats nice Kewl,thanks for posting that
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: A Pet's 10 Commandments   A Pet's 10 Commandments Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 11:14 am

Thank you for posting that Kewl. I wish every shelter, breeder, and beginners obedience class would hand a copy of this out to adopters and those beginning an obedience class with their new puppy or newly adopted rescue dog. It would really make them think twice.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: A Pet's 10 Commandments   A Pet's 10 Commandments Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 9:37 pm

I got this from my local humane society's newsletter. We are FINALLY getting a spay/neuter clinic...about time!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Pet's 10 Commandments   A Pet's 10 Commandments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Pet's 10 Commandments
Page 1 of 1