Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is it Just Me Or...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Is it Just Me Or... Empty
PostSubject: Is it Just Me Or...   Is it Just Me Or... Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009, 11:58 pm

I took 14 weeks off from agility basically the whole summer and returned to classes recently. Somewhat noticed that my instructor was pretty much ignoring us but when I watched the vids my mom shot it seems apparent. She seemed interested for the summer and asked if we were still practising at home a few times via e-mail. I was occupied with quiet chit chats with my fellow students doing some "catch up" while we all awaited our turn and didn't think too much about the "alleged snub". Should mention that we had a small tiff when I informed that I was taking the summer off.

I was invited to return to this more advanced class and we are all still a year to a year and a half away from actively being competitive and we all know it. Point is she seemingly focused on the students who didn't take off the summer and it seems to me, and I could be overreacting but...(A) either I did a mark up job of home training and we are sooo good that we need no further instruction :joker: or (B) She's pissed that she missed the "fees" from me, that the others paid her, and although all my fellow classmates stated after the class we are all still on an equal level in training I'm not sure if I say something or not. I have been invited to work under other trainers but they are farther way and I would prefer to patch things up with the one I know. Don't care to change horses in the middle of the stream train of thought, they all are competing for students to fill their classes. scratch

LOL...the little bugger just can't resist getting distracted when he sees grandma with a camera. Smile You be the judge. :?: Note: the vids taken conveyed the same and I didn't choose the worst one for an example. mom had 14 weeks off camera operating and didn't do the best job. Smile Smile Smile

Last edited by pooperscooper on Sun 15 Nov 2009, 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is it Just Me Or...   Is it Just Me Or... Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 1:14 am

okay I think she was just totally rude.. now I don't know much about these classes....

but do they usally just stand in the middle.. ignore you.. and get in your way.. and flap.. their hmm gums.. while you are working your dog.?

But I found that rude..

and so what you took the summer off........ People just amaze me
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Is it Just Me Or...   Is it Just Me Or... Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 1:44 pm

How many dogs are in the class? When she emailed you to see if you were still practicing at home, did you email her back a reply? If it were just you and not all the other students who took the summer off from agility, I would have just passed it off as you were doing a good job of handling your dog and she was helping those who were struggling with their dogs. I volunteer help out with some beginners obedience classes and I tend to catch myself giving more attention to those struggling than to those doing a good job. I do try to remember to pass by those doing a good job and let them know how well they are doing.

But if it's everyone who took the summer off, then she's just being plain rude. Still stick with the classes if your dog and you are having fun, and take the summer offs and enjoy the nice weather. :lol:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it Just Me Or...   Is it Just Me Or... Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 4:58 pm

⭐

Last edited by Dinkers on Thu 26 Nov 2009, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Is it Just Me Or...   Is it Just Me Or... Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 10:59 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
How many dogs are in the class? When she emailed you to see if you were still practicing at home, did you email her back a reply? If it were just you and not all the other students who took the summer off from agility, I would have just passed it off as you were doing a good job of handling your dog and she was helping those who were struggling with their dogs. I volunteer help out with some beginners obedience classes and I tend to catch myself giving more attention to those struggling than to those doing a good job. I do try to remember to pass by those doing a good job and let them know how well they are doing.

But if it's everyone who took the summer off, then she's just being plain rude. Still stick with the classes if your dog and you are having fun, and take the summer offs and enjoy the nice weather. :lol:

The class has a total of 8 dogs and yes I answered her e-mails over the summer and sent her videos of what we were working on at home and pics of my home made agility equipment so she could pass them on to the other students. She moved the training field to an outdoor location at her home which equalled a 45 minute drive each way for me to practise working outdoors which I was already doing.

I asked her if it would be alright if we could come by on lesson night at random when we could make it and pay the equivalent fee per lesson and explained that summer on a farm is too busy to make a weekly commitment. She responded with a No, sorry...we will be doing intense training and drop bys on your part will interfere with the rest of the advanced class as you will be be behind and taking extra attention. My interpretation was...pay for the full class and if you can't attend tough shit. I can respect that, she's a business woman. I am the only person who did not take the summer classes.

I got a phone call from the manager of the indoor venue inviting me to attend the class on the basis of just show up, you can decide if you want to enroll after the class. I presumed I would be in a class with new people on the same training level as myself . When I arrived the instructor said she wasn't aware I was coming to the class. I said to the people from my previous class that I was confused why I was invited to this advanced level class as they have 14 weeks of "intense training" under their belts. The instructor overheard and said we were all at the same level...didn't make sense to me. I wasn't trying to be ignorant I was truly surprised. I don't have the big walls, the teeter totter, the elevated walk up at home that they used all summer so really if anyone would have needed extra attention it should have been us in theory but puppy remembered and it went well.

I removed the video because I had hopes that I could blank our my instructors face because I didn't want to identify her if I didn't have to but my program for doing so went down when my PC crashed, not that everybody has already seen her from my other vids. She's an excellent, qualified, expert agility trainer and I don't want anyone to think otherwise. I hope I wasn't imagining things and I do want advise on what to do diplomatically, we do want to attend further classes. Smile Smile Smile

Is it Just Me Or... Th_CLIP0023-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it Just Me Or...   Is it Just Me Or... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it Just Me Or...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: