Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Loose leash walking

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Loose leash walking Empty
PostSubject: Loose leash walking   Loose leash walking Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 11:20 pm

I came across these links on another site, and found it interesting. I've never seen loose leash walking taught as showing in video Part 2 of 3. From what I have heard it works. But have seen it taught and have used the method in video Part 3 of 3, weaning the treats out to the point I don't use them anymore in heeling.

Note: I think the trainer is using the dog's kibble as the reward. Making the dog work for each piece of his breakfast or dinner.

Video 2 of 3
http://www.vimeo.com/13562479

Video 3 of 3
http://www.vimeo.com/13321611
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Loose leash walking   Loose leash walking Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jul 2010, 1:33 pm

Ever since Arriba went running after that bird a few weeks a go she also has to work for every bite of her kibble. I find she pays very good attention to what I ask of her and has better focus. I enjoyed the vids. Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Loose leash walking   Loose leash walking Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2010, 9:32 am

Pooper, my dog's weaknesses are flies and butterflies. The videos are pretty interesting, the part 2 of 3 for me, as I've never seen loose leash walking done with that added step. Wish I had a puppy to try that on. :lol:
Back to top Go down
RedyreRotties
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
RedyreRotties

PostSubject: Re: Loose leash walking   Loose leash walking Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2010, 9:45 am

Awesome link! I put it on my facebook!
Back to top Go down
http://www.redyre.com
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Loose leash walking   Loose leash walking Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2010, 11:40 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Pooper, my dog's weaknesses are flies and butterflies. The videos are pretty interesting, the part 2 of 3 for me, as I've never seen loose leash walking done with that added step. Wish I had a puppy to try that on. :lol:

lol that is cute..

My dogs weaknesses are smells LMAO

one set of them. They do not have direct recall..

Bosco.. well depending on the day... LMFAO

I wish all my dogs were like DRAKE.. all of them. But alas nope
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Loose leash walking   Loose leash walking Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2010, 2:38 pm

Mini wrote:
BigBrownEyes29 wrote:

lol that is cute..

My dogs weaknesses are smells LMAO

one set of them. They do not have direct recall..

Bosco.. well depending on the day... LMFAO

I wish all my dogs were like DRAKE.. all of them. But alas nope

The three kittens like to play stalk and pounce on the fly. Well the dog was watching them and wanted to join in the fun one day. But for some reason, a 97 lbs dog joining in the catch the fly game was terrifying for them. :lol: Plus I don't like it and allow the dog run and jump indoors, sounds like an earthquake in the house. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loose leash walking   Loose leash walking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loose leash walking
Page 1 of 1